..... Halo needs a reboot.

#31thehelpfulgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 2:57:29 AM
MagustheHagus posted...
*Double taps upper left chest* REBOOT! Let's go Bob! We have to defeat Megabyte and his cronies!

Thank you for that.
---
Bowser: Keeping it real for over 25 years.
#32Blizzard09Posted 3/7/2013 8:45:55 AM
Halo 4 had a amazing campaign only second to the first Halo campaign. It went back and answered questions and added new ones, which it should have. By far the hardest campaign and it was refreshing to see new types of enemies and the old ones get a little bit a look change.

It was a great start to the new trilogy.. It did what Halo CE did for the first 3 games did.

You never got all the answers in Halo CE but rather more questions and that what this game does...

Only downfall..... No Warthog last level :(
---
Mods = Kids to young for this board.
#33Spoke_WreckerPosted 3/7/2013 9:29:15 AM
By far the hardest campaign

wut
---
What do I look like Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
THIZZ IZ WHAT IT IZ -- GT: Spidux
#34Blizzard09Posted 3/7/2013 10:46:06 AM
Spoke_Wrecker posted...
By far the hardest campaign

wut

Yes the Campaign was by far the hardest on Legendary. Others were easier due to more ammo, you did more damage and took less damage then you do in this game. Which makes for a harder campaign. Not to mention the AI changes give you a bit more challenge then in the others.
---
#35Spoke_WreckerPosted 3/7/2013 11:38:47 AM
Legendary H2 would like to have a word with you.
---
What do I look like Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
THIZZ IZ WHAT IT IZ -- GT: Spidux
#36Blizzard09Posted 3/7/2013 2:57:44 PM
Spoke_Wrecker posted...
Legendary H2 would like to have a word with you.

Really? Duel wield made Campaign much easier the other. Not to mention the Arbiter having active camo, the fact that half of the big fights you could sit back and let the Flood/Conv fight it out or Elites fight the Conv. Brutes were a huge joke and less of the threat then the Elites were as the Brutes AI was terrible as they would only step left or right after being hit or charge right at you.

H2 may have been hard at some points but other made it just too easy.

Again in Halo 2 you do more damage, have more ammo and take less damage then you do in Halo 4. Ohh and shield recharge times were faster in other halo games also.
---
#37KageNoSenshiPosted 3/7/2013 3:29:14 PM
I want the Jackal snipers you have on your copy of H2.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#38alkahsuPosted 3/7/2013 4:11:44 PM
thehelpfulgamer posted...
LFCKINGS posted...
But Halo 2 was on the Original Xbox, not the 360. Halo 3 was the first on the 360. I'm not sure I'm clear on your point exactly....

.... Right.... and original Xbox controllers sucked... Halo 2 was a game most people had.... so when the 360 came along with much better controllers... a lot of people probably ended up getting a 360 because they had Halo 2.

Also, haters gonna hate.

I hope you are trolling, I refuse to believe someone is this idiotic.
---
99% of my posts are made from my phone so ignore the spelling/grammatical errors.
#39extankerPosted 3/7/2013 5:22:17 PM(edited)
I don't agree with most of your opinions, but that's why they are called opinions, you can have yours and I can have mine. I just happen to think yours are wrong.

As for the DMR, the Spartan III's on Reach were part of the UNSC Army. The DMR was an Army weapon. In Halo 1-3, Master Chief and the Spartan II's were part of the USNC Navy and fought alongside Marines, so you did not see the DMR. It was not part of the Marine inventory. Simple.

Cortana doesn't need to see the MC's face to know his feelings, she has been integrated directly into his mind for years. They have a pretty close bond from, you know, being inside his mind and stuff...

A lot of your story gripes would be explained if you looked into the backstories. Which you probably will complain about having to do. But that's your problem, not mine, and why I disagree with your opinion.
#40EternalDahakaPosted 3/7/2013 5:38:02 PM
I think Halo 4 did a pretty decent job rebooting the series. The music reminded me of the uniqueness CE had when it was released, and the level design is stunning in this game. The layout of the levels, while linear, are mostly free of invisible walls and are shaped interestingly enough.

The AI isn't back at the level it was at CE or 2, but it's pretty decent in this.
I've already voiced my opinion that Halo would be better off without forced Auto-Aim and that's my only real grip with this game. I'd probably hold this up with CE and 2. And sprint was a much needed addition to an otherwise simplistic gameplay system..

sravankb posted...
H2 was just bad. I don't know anyone who liked that campaign.

TL;DR - Reach = 4 > 3 > CE >>>>>>>> 2.

I liked Halo 2's campaign. It had quite a bit of levels, and many of them had an interesting layout, some far above every other Halo campaign.
I would never put 3 above 2 or CE. Aside from the ending, 3 had one of the most forgettable campaigns.

Blizzard09 posted...
Brutes were a huge joke and less of the threat then the Elites were as the Brutes AI was terrible as they would only step left or right after being hit or charge right at you.

Brutes were most challenging in 2. 3 and ODST were the ones that turned them into a complete joke.