..... Halo needs a reboot.

#41Blizzard09Posted 3/7/2013 6:12:07 PM
KageNoSenshi posted...
I want the Jackal snipers you have on your copy of H2.

So the few Jackal snipers you came across made the whole game hard? There is what a 2-3 second window when the jackal sees you that he fires. Faster reflexes and not being a tool and running around every corner will help.
---
Mods = Kids to young for this board.
#42MasterSplinterWPosted 3/8/2013 12:57:10 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
thehelpfulgamer posted...
LFCKINGS posted...
But Halo 2 was on the Original Xbox, not the 360. Halo 3 was the first on the 360. I'm not sure I'm clear on your point exactly....

.... Right.... and original Xbox controllers sucked... Halo 2 was a game most people had.... so when the 360 came along with much better controllers... a lot of people probably ended up getting a 360 because they had Halo 2.

Also, haters gonna hate.

This must be in jest. It simply must.

I do remember playing Halo 2 after that first Christmas the 360 came out, and people were asking, "Who's playing this on a 360?"

So I kinda see what he's saying, and I don't think it is "complete" bs, just a little cause he don't have no statimatics.
---
Sometimes all you learn in defeat, is that you have been defeated. -Master Li------GT: DirkaDurkaJihad
#43KageNoSenshiPosted 3/8/2013 1:41:41 AM
Blizzard09 posted...
KageNoSenshi posted...

So the few Jackal snipers you came across made the whole game hard? There is what a 2-3 second window when the jackal sees you that he fires. Faster reflexes and not being a tool and running around every corner will help.

2-3 second window my ass. I've been sniped in the leg as soon as it cleared the corner. Instant death as soon as the Jackal had a clear shot on any part of Chief's body.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#44Silver_SparkletPosted 3/8/2013 6:38:53 AM
You really need to learn how to prioritize & compact your points TC, no-one is going to read threw all of that, save a select few people such as my self. With that said I agree with almost (if not all of) everything that you have said.
---
simple & effective
#45Spoke_WreckerPosted 3/8/2013 9:36:38 AM
Spoke_Wrecker posted...
Legendary H2 would like to have a word with you.

Really? Duel wield made Campaign much easier the other. Not to mention the Arbiter having active camo, the fact that half of the big fights you could sit back and let the Flood/Conv fight it out or Elites fight the Conv. Brutes were a huge joke and less of the threat then the Elites were as the Brutes AI was terrible as they would only step left or right after being hit or charge right at you.

H2 may have been hard at some points but other made it just too easy.

Again in Halo 2 you do more damage, have more ammo and take less damage then you do in Halo 4. Ohh and shield recharge times were faster in other halo games also.

Duel Wielding made it manageable, if you didn't have a PP+Magnum you were screwed a good majority of the time. Hell, just the one spot where you (as arbiter) are fighting the heretic leader - You get spawned in front of two elites with duel wielding plasma rifles (yes one is a hologram, but it still ****s you up).

Active Camo barely did anything on legendary, it didn't last long enough to make it useful in the later levels, and the flood never seemed to be effected by it.

Halo 4 has a wider variety of power weapons and percision weapons, and more ammo (why you said there was more ammo to be had in H2 I'll never know) laying around. You say the Brutes are easy because their AI sucks, the Prometheans are no different, and in fact easier to deal with.

And the Jackal Snipers>>>>Any Sniper in H4.

H2 was the hardest Halo, the majority of the community agrees to that as well.
---
What do I look like Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
THIZZ IZ WHAT IT IZ -- GT: Spidux
#46Silver_SparkletPosted 3/8/2013 2:57:33 PM
IMO Halo 2 legendary mode is "cheap" and the snipers do instant-kill you.

I play legendary so that I can challenge my reflexes and quick thinking to the highest degree possible which halo 1 legendary was able to accomplish flawlessly, in H2 it just felt like they boosted the enemies health by triple, made most weapons unusable, and gave the enemy instant-kill ability’s..playing that was more of a chore instead of a challenge.

In fact I liken it to this analogy (if halo was in the RPG genre):

Random boss fight A on normal difficulty: no bonuses given
Random boss fight A on halo 2 legendary: Increase the HP & Damage by 800%
Random boss fight A on halo 1 legendary: Give the boss extra moves-sets & increased A.I.

As you can see halo 2 legendary runs turn into more of a chore, whilst Halo 1 legendary runs turns into an exciting challenge, where you really have to think fast and come up with good ideas as well as use your best technique.
---
simple & effective
#47thehelpfulgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 8:57:32 PM
KageNoSenshi posted...

^This.

extanker posted...
I don't agree with most of your opinions, but that's why they are called opinions, you can have yours and I can have mine. I just happen to think yours are wrong.

As for the DMR, the Spartan III's on Reach were part of the UNSC Army. The DMR was an Army weapon. In Halo 1-3, Master Chief and the Spartan II's were part of the USNC Navy and fought alongside Marines, so you did not see the DMR. It was not part of the Marine inventory. Simple.

Source? And the DMR is just an example. Where's the Flamethrower or the Needle Rifle or the Sentinel Beam?

Cortana doesn't need to see the MC's face to know his feelings, she has been integrated directly into his mind for years. They have a pretty close bond from, you know, being inside his mind and stuff...

That's nice for Cortana, but there's more people in the Halo-verse than just her and Chief. And her understanding doesn't benefit the audience any. It just makes you confused about why she's emoting at a chair. Especially since she's supposedly an A.I., but kinda not.

A lot of your story gripes would be explained if you looked into the backstories. Which you probably will complain about having to do. But that's your problem, not mine, and why I disagree with your opinion.

I have no problem with the story not being self contained within the narrative of the games. Older games use to site specific entries in a booklets that came with the game to save on space. This game doesn't have that. As such, I have to assume that I'm supposed to take the narrative as it's presented.

Spoony already pointed out similar problems with Final Fantasy 13. Having to do research to understand the setting of a video game means you're bad at writing. It doesn't improve the game. At all. It's a negative impact on once's experience. Just because you're okay with it doesn't make it any less of a problem.
---
Bowser: Keeping it real for over 25 years.
#48Blizzard09Posted 3/8/2013 9:12:57 PM
KageNoSenshi posted...
Blizzard09 posted...
KageNoSenshi posted...

2-3 second window my ass. I've been sniped in the leg as soon as it cleared the corner. Instant death as soon as the Jackal had a clear shot on any part of Chief's body.

If they were instant you would never get pasted that point... think about it, it would be instant death ever time, with zero time to shoot him. You would need a clear shot to hit him which mean he has a clear shot and you would be dead first.

Its okay to over exaggerate.
---
Mods = Kids to young for this board.
#49EternalDahakaPosted 3/8/2013 9:24:34 PM
Silver_Sparklet posted...
IMO Halo 2 legendary mode is "cheap" and the snipers do instant-kill you. . . .

Halo 2 did grant the enemies a sizable health and damage boost, but the weapons still worked well enough and AI still functioned the same, meaning they could be flanked.
Of course, the good AI and elites were a large part of the reason Halo 2's campaign was the hardest on Legendary.

Halo 3's and ODST's were the only campaigns I felt were "cheap," primarily because that system's aim-bot AI was simply boosted in every difficulty to near perfection. They also could detect you sneaking up behind them. Any Sniper would a 100% chance of head-shotting you if you were out of cover in Legendary.
Halo 2's AI could miss if you moved awkwardly enough.
#50KageNoSenshiPosted 3/9/2013 2:48:30 AM
Blizzard09 posted...
KageNoSenshi posted...
Blizzard09 posted...
KageNoSenshi posted...

If they were instant you would never get pasted that point... think about it, it would be instant death ever time, with zero time to shoot him. You would need a clear shot to hit him which mean he has a clear shot and you would be dead first.

Its okay to over exaggerate.

Did you play H2 on legendary solo? Coming around a corner a Jackal sniper had a sight line on was literally a roll of the dice. They might fire a warning shot just to get under your skin. Or they might just kill you instantly. You don't even know what will happen until you're clearing the corner. You might be dead before you can even get a shot on him because the side of your body is exposed, and they know where you are before you come around the corner anyway (either that or they have absurd reaction time).
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki