halo without sergeant johnson is not halo at all...

#1JvaasPosted 3/5/2013 8:50:28 AM
continuing with halo after his death killed the story for me

in halo ce, halo 2 and halo 3 master chief is a badass with a duke nukem sort of feel to him (minus all the women and dnf - worst game ever)

there are cheesey one liners throughout the campaigns (many of which coming from johnson) which just make halo awesome

halo 4 is way too serious for my liking, there's too many 'serious' character who obviously have a lot of depth to their character, but don't really feel right in halo (lasky, palmer, that lame captain guy, and pretty much all the characters in spartan ops)

serious halo is not good halo

this is the halo i know and love:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcko8xDqiL1r84zyco1_500.jpg

not this:

http://www.nypost.com/r/nypost/2012/11/05/news/web_photos/infinitylasky03jpg-4419c2165443--415x215.jpg

RIP Sergeant Johnson - you made halo amazing, without you I am forced to sit through terrible narrative from uninteresting characters who overcomplicate the story of halo and just ruin everything.

if halo 5 is meant to be even more dark and serious, may god help us all :(
---
i like skooma
#2Cpt_of_IndustryPosted 3/5/2013 8:51:45 AM
They are cloning Seargent Johnson and turning him into a Spartan.
---
The Jersey Guy
#3KageNoSenshiPosted 3/5/2013 8:57:48 AM
Bungie ruined Johnson in H3. They turned him into a completely worthless character who pretty much failed himself to death.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#4Jvaas(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 9:07:56 AM
KageNoSenshi posted...
Bungie ruined Johnson in H3. They turned him into a completely worthless character who pretty much failed himself to death.

because he got captured? that didn't stop him from running his mouth to the prophet or brutes. he's gone through way more than any other non-spartan in the series.

sorry you know nothing. johnson is a badass.
---
i like skooma
#5KageNoSenshiPosted 3/5/2013 1:57:03 PM
Because he never successfully accomplished anything in H3. He pretty much fails @ everything, and then John has to go clean up his mess.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
#6RAGEface14Posted 3/5/2013 2:10:11 PM
Dear Humanity, we regret being alien bastards. We regret coming to Earth, and we most certainly regret that the Core just wiped out our raggedy-ass fleet!

OOH-RAH!

^^Favorite Halo quote ever.
---
RAGEface14
The Crusader of Gamefaqs!
#7KageNoSenshiPosted 3/5/2013 2:23:03 PM
*Corps, but yeah that is a good one.
---
#8RAGEface14Posted 3/5/2013 2:32:10 PM
KageNoSenshi posted...
*Corps, but yeah that is a good one.

Yeah, I always mess up the Core/Corps stuff. I apologize for my second grammatical mistake in the history of my Gamefaqs account.
---
RAGEface14
#9KageNoSenshiPosted 3/5/2013 3:07:54 PM
I got your back bro.
---
#10RAGEface14Posted 3/5/2013 3:17:01 PM
KageNoSenshi posted...
I got your back bro.

Whoa, bro. Do you even lift? I'm benching 220 bro. Bro, you need to bench 200 to be in my crew, bro. Otherwise, bro, you don't have swag and can't smoke kush with me, bro. Bro.
---
RAGEface14