POLL: Would you like to see pre-rendered CGI cutscenes return for Halo 5?

#11aspen1910000Posted 3/7/2013 6:31:25 AM
Yes. Ever since ff7 I would always get excited to see how good a cgi cut scene could make the characters look
#12theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 7:37:25 AM
aspen1910000 posted...
Yes. Ever since ff7 I would always get excited to see how good a cgi cut scene could make the characters look

Cool, me too. Glad some other people feel the same way.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#13KageNoSenshiPosted 3/7/2013 8:01:34 AM
I'm pretty sure that CGI takes more time & effort (since you can't just go "here engine, do this), and requires more storage. So no, i'd rather not. Those are resources better spent elsewhere.

TBH, i'd rather they render them in-engine then allow us to manipulate the theater cam during them.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#14N3xtG3nGam3rPosted 3/7/2013 8:02:22 AM
What are you talking about? The cut scenes were pre rendered...WITH THE IN GAME ENGINE.... Not with Pixar computer generated Disney movie graphics like you're all referring to in Final Fantasy.

...do people really not know this?
---
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 | 4GB DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia EVGA GTX 470 1.2GB GDDr5
#15theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 8:09:49 AM
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
What are you talking about? The cut scenes were pre rendered...WITH THE IN GAME ENGINE.... Not with Pixar computer generated Disney movie graphics like you're all referring to in Final Fantasy.

...The game DOES have pre-rendered CGI cutscenes for the opening and ending of the campaign, the opening of multiplayer, and all of the cutscenes for Spartan Ops.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#16N3xtG3nGam3rPosted 3/7/2013 8:21:09 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...

...The game DOES have pre-rendered CGI cutscenes for the opening and ending of the campaign, the opening of multiplayer, and all of the cutscenes for Spartan Ops.

Okay, you're right. I was thinking only of the cut-scenes that pop up while you're playing, which are in-engine. The beginning one with Halsey was fine, and the ending cgi was ok too. Could have been done with the in-engine gfx, and the spartan-ops cut-scenes are very close to in-game. (More so than the two for campaign).

Anyways, sorry, I thought people were saying the entire game was pre rendered cgi. I'm too drunk to be on here right now.
---
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 | 4GB DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia EVGA GTX 470 1.2GB GDDr5
#17TravarkothPosted 3/7/2013 11:34:53 AM
In truth, I'd rather see them use the actual in-game graphics. Halo 4 had such good graphics, it kinda felt like it was wasted in the Pre-rendered cutscenes. (They did look good, however.)
---
What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?
--Bastila Shan
#18theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 9:07:13 PM
bump
---
#19BlueRunway05Posted 3/8/2013 11:44:52 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
bump

What if Halo 5 already looks that good?
---
Water-It's good for you!-- Hard games are fun... Yes, you, Dark Souls.
#20Pyronix337Posted 3/9/2013 5:24:08 AM
I think they're terrific. The level of realism in people's faces now is incredible.