Do you think halo 5 will sell well? Or will Halo die out?

#1pcmike2Posted 3/6/2013 10:06:29 PM
I think the reason sales boomed for this game was because of the heavy advertisements with forward onto dawn and the continuation of master chief. The dew xp stuff may have helped a bit as well, but this is by far the halo game to drop the fastest in terms of population.

Halo 4 dropped to 4th on LIVE activity two weeks after the holidays:

http://majornelson.com/2013/01/17/live-activity-for-week-of-january-7th/

To give you an idea of how bad this is, Reach didn't drop to 4th until Gears of War 3 came out, which was 1 year after Halo Reach's release:

http://majornelson.com/2011/09/29/live-activity-for-week-of-september-19th/

People left this game incredibly fast, most say it's boring, it lacks gametypes, and things like personal loadouts + ordnance drops ruin the halo formula.

Since Halo 5 will be on next gen, it will further split the halo community, since some people aren't planning on getting the next-gen systems until a price drop. But more importantly, I think people's impressions of halo has changed after this game, and most have left it to bite the dust:

http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailypeakpopulation/all

I feel only the fans of halo have stuck around for playing this game, but I don't think it will be enough to make sales boom for halo 5 like previous halos have, and that may have an effect on whether or not halo 6 will be produced the way we know halo to be.
---
SSBB FC:0946-1920-8546
#2Demigod_ElessarPosted 3/6/2013 10:41:22 PM(edited)
Don't know, don't care. Halo 5 and Halo 6 will be midnight launch purchases for me, guaranteed.

pcmike2 posted...
I think people's impressions of halo has changed after this game, and most have left it to bite the dust

I believe this Halo has been generally regarded as the best in the series, in terms of campaign. And while the multiplayer was a hit or miss for some people, it is arguably one of the better multiplayers, up there near Halo 2/3.

pcmike2 posted...
I feel only the fans of halo have stuck around for playing this game, but I don't think it will be enough to make sales boom for halo 5 like previous halos have, and that may have an effect on whether or not halo 6 will be produced the way we know halo to be.

You have to think, back in the days of Halo 2 and (somewhat) Halo 3, there was nothing else to compete with it. Halo 2 was probably the most played game on the original Xbox, and even when Halo 3 came out there weren't any Modern Warfare's or Black Ops to compete with it. When we did start getting those games, sure, the fanbase started to split up. But I wouldn't worry about it. Halo 5 and Halo 6 will be made how 343 wants them to be made... I don't see sales affecting gameplay decisions.

To sum it up, you can't compare Halo 4/5/6 to the days of Halo 2/3, simply because they were two completely different eras; nothing will ever repeat those days. Call of Duty will remain a big multiplayer powerhouse, but Halo will still have it's loyal fanbase. That's how it's going to be.

---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar
#3phillyeagles123Posted 3/6/2013 11:20:30 PM
As long as Halo 5 doesn't come out a week before COD, we'll be fine.
---
Best Signature you've ever seen.
#4VoidBeyondPosted 3/6/2013 11:21:22 PM
Demigod_Elessar posted...
Don't know, don't care. Halo 5 and Halo 6 will be midnight launch purchases for me, guaranteed.

pcmike2 posted...
I think people's impressions of halo has changed after this game, and most have left it to bite the dust

I believe this Halo has been generally regarded as the best in the series, in terms of campaign. And while the multiplayer was a hit or miss for some people, it is arguably one of the better multiplayers, up there near Halo 2/3.

pcmike2 posted...

You have to think, back in the days of Halo 2 and (somewhat) Halo 3, there was nothing else to compete with it. Halo 2 was probably the most played game on the original Xbox, and even when Halo 3 came out there weren't any Modern Warfare's or Black Ops to compete with it. When we did start getting those games, sure, the fanbase started to split up. But I wouldn't worry about it. Halo 5 and Halo 6 will be made how 343 wants them to be made... I don't see sales affecting gameplay decisions.

To sum it up, you can't compare Halo 4/5/6 to the days of Halo 2/3, simply because they were two completely different eras; nothing will ever repeat those days. Call of Duty will remain a big multiplayer powerhouse, but Halo will still have it's loyal fanbase. That's how it's going to be.

---
GT: Dethrow2112//PSN: DuodecimKnight//PKMN Black2 FC: 2280 6133 3461
#5xoAxeloxPosted 3/6/2013 11:27:30 PM
halo 3 had cod4 to compete with which was arguably the best call of duty game to date.
---
PSN: axeei
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL
#6That1GuyyPosted 3/6/2013 11:32:08 PM
Halo 3 also traded number 1 in activity with Modern Warfare 2 multiple times. It competed with 3 Call of Duties and came out on top.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#7lderivedxPosted 3/7/2013 12:13:13 AM
Rule of the internet: you can't compare anything with anything, especially if said comparison doesn't support my opinion, because they aren't exactly the same.
---
this is a shining example of why people with alternating caps in their names are treated like special children. - Sin
GT: i derive dx
#8ssj3bladePosted 3/7/2013 12:13:40 AM
I am.buying Halo 5 no matter so I don't really care
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/68tye8.jpg
~ ssj3blade || GT = finalfantastica
#9thehelpfulgamerPosted 3/7/2013 2:12:09 AM
Probably. CoD still sells like hot cakes despite each game being MW1 with a different sticker on the disc and different box art. People will buy anything.

I'm not buying it though.
---
Bowser: Keeping it real for over 25 years.
#10JFKandLBJPosted 3/7/2013 4:10:10 AM
Of course Halo 5 will sell well. It is a Halo game. There are junkies out there that need their fix for anything Halo under the false pretext of, "maybe the next one will be better. Maybe they will get it right this time." Will it play well or retain at least 10% of the population that bought the game? That is another story entirely.