do you think halo becoming all serious is a good thing?

#21gameslickerPosted 3/8/2013 2:54:22 PM
first off, im assuming this is a real topic and not a joke one, TC

interesting that you mention halo's 1-4 and yet you completely neglect odst, wars, and reach.

to the topic at hand, i think halo has always been serious. there were very few times in the campaigns where you just laughed or had fun. master chief was a super soldier trying to save the human race from extraterrestrial annihilation. i dont know about you but i dont see how that can NOT be serious.

im really having trouble how you see lasky and palmer as "serious" and master chief as not.
the grunts are/were bungie's way of having fun while making the game (they were the lowest rank of the covenant).
the elites going "wort wort" is them speaking in their native language. why would aliens who think all humans should be killed want to learn human language?

TC, you have got to realize this: the majority of people (and by people i mean everyone in the world who play this game) play multiplayer more than any other mode, including campaign. 343 is a business, job one for them is to make a profit. do you honestly think they are going to cater to hardcore when they are the minority compared to everyone else?
#22Jvaas(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 3:08:30 PM
gameslicker posted...
first off, im assuming this is a real topic and not a joke one, TC

interesting that you mention halo's 1-4 and yet you completely neglect odst, wars, and reach.

to the topic at hand, i think halo has always been serious. there were very few times in the campaigns where you just laughed or had fun. master chief was a super soldier trying to save the human race from extraterrestrial annihilation. i dont know about you but i dont see how that can NOT be serious.

im really having trouble how you see lasky and palmer as "serious" and master chief as not.
the grunts are/were bungie's way of having fun while making the game (they were the lowest rank of the covenant).
the elites going "wort wort" is them speaking in their native language. why would aliens who think all humans should be killed want to learn human language?

TC, you have got to realize this: the majority of people (and by people i mean everyone in the world who play this game) play multiplayer more than any other mode, including campaign. 343 is a business, job one for them is to make a profit. do you honestly think they are going to cater to hardcore when they are the minority compared to everyone else?

i am sorry for neglecting halo 3 odst, which i really enjoyed
halo wars i have not played myself, as i am not really a fan of rts
halo reach i don't like to include in my argument because i don't feel it was bungie's best work

i don't think halo has always been serious, as in the first 3 games master chief has a sort of duke nukem vibe to him where he would say tough-guy one liners fighting hilarious aliens.

infact i can use duke nukem as an example - he is preventing an alien attack on earth and stopping the annihilation of humans.. yet i would not consider it a serious game

i know most people play halo for multiplayer, it just saddens me when campaign and the story of halo have to change so much from what they once were. being a halo fan for over 10 years i tend to not like change.
---
i like skooma
#23Spoke_WreckerPosted 3/8/2013 3:11:47 PM
You know what I think isn't a good thing?

Communism.
---
What do I look like Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
THIZZ IZ WHAT IT IZ -- GT: Spidux
#24SunDevil77Posted 3/8/2013 3:13:45 PM
You're wrong.
The campaign is the most well received since the first.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#25YellowPurplePosted 3/8/2013 3:17:07 PM
I feel like the campaign in this game started off cool, but really starts to fall off around the 4th mission or so when it gets really samey and you just start hitting terminals in identical environments.
#26GeneralKenobi85Posted 3/8/2013 3:45:03 PM
No, I don't care that people take it seriously.

I find it silly, but it's not doing any real harm.
---
Ah, yes, the Negotiator: General Kenobi
<sneaky beeping>
#27thedeerzordPosted 3/8/2013 4:08:18 PM
In my opinion I think the story wasn't even finished. Some of the cutscenes seem just a bit...Meh. I think the fact they they were rushed to complete the game made the campaign seem a bit off.

I'm not gonna lie to you. I loved Halo 4s campaign. Just the lack of graphics, dialogue, plot holes in Spartan Ops just make this game feel unfinished. I think 343 should have had more time to complete the game. Maybe an extra five months would have polished it.
---
I WILL DESTROY ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#28KageNoSenshiPosted 3/8/2013 4:31:53 PM
How is Reach worse than 3?
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#29iRGushPosted 3/8/2013 4:52:06 PM
lderivedx posted...
>the majority of the time played in this game is in MP
>people should stop caring about MP

wat?

---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#30RAGEface14Posted 3/8/2013 4:55:35 PM
Jvaas posted...
lderivedx posted...
"You don't know me, you don't know my life" is code for "you are right but I'd never admit it."

who are you then? you must be a right player by the sounds of things /sarcasm/

and thank you tranceaddict19 for being the only person in this topic to give a reasonable response

Why are you arguing with derive? Do you expect to win?
---
RAGEface14
The Crusader of Gamefaqs!