Pretty Much New To Halo 4 Multiplayer. Need Advice

#1JonJonFTWPosted 3/9/2013 9:59:52 PM
I am not asking for advice to get better. My gun skill is very good as I am very comfortable with console shooters. My problem is, I want to play Big Team Infinity Slayer, I just hate how people play. Now, hear me out. When I first started playing, yesterday, I was in love with this game. Part of this had to do because I was going against less skillful players as my skill hadn't been found by the game yet. But, as my skill bracket went up, (I'm assuming Halo 4 has skill-based matchmaking like Halo 3) the players I have faced have been spamming the use of vehicles. I hate vehicular warfare in ALL FPS games.

So, what's the easy solution? Play regular Team Infinity Slayer, silly! But, my problem is I hate how small the maps are. Is there any gamemode you guys would recommend? I like the space you get with the maps in Big Team Infinity Slayer, but I hate how all I go up against is Mantises and Ghosts, and its hard to beat them without a Rocket Launcher.

I feel kind of reluctant to post this. All I am gonna get is a bunch of Halo veterans telling me I suck and how vehicles aren't annoying.
---
"Why did you eat Snail Po?"
Gamertag : JonJonXs | Nintendo Network : JonJonXs | PSN : JonJonXs | Steam : JonJonXs | Youtube : JonJonFtheW
#2yoshiisbackPosted 3/9/2013 10:10:37 PM
You hate small maps and you hate vehicles. That's a problem, son.
---
XBL GT: Yoshi eats
Current "taking candy" roster: yoshi, axis alive, poison, kampy
#3BomberFman34Posted 3/9/2013 10:33:05 PM
Play either Snipers or Objective game types.
---
Hey Trash what did Ol Lady Semple say when you torched her pension check??
GT: LazyFman202
#4FaithInAllPosted 3/9/2013 10:38:33 PM
yoshiisback posted...
You hate small maps and you hate vehicles. That's a problem, son.

This pretty much. I hate vehicles in fps' too but I've grown accustomed to them in Halo, and you can even spawn with the plasma pistol and plasma's so at least you have an option to deal with the vehicles.
#5711jdhdPosted 3/9/2013 10:39:56 PM
Use Plasma Pistol to EMP stun, then throw plasma grenades at them. Or EMP, then get close and hijack them and then plant grenades.

Never charge head on. Wait till they have their backs toward you or until they're distracted.
If they're kind of far away from you, don't bother using the plasma pistol unless your teammates are nearby, because by the time you reached them, the EMP would have worn off or their gunner would have already killed you.
#6Silver_SparkletPosted 3/10/2013 1:51:06 AM
Quit now.
---
simple & effective
#7elitewarrior500Posted 3/10/2013 2:02:30 AM
better just get used to the smaller more competitive maps then
---
E=mc^(OMG)/wtf
GT: Ceph Falco http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2lQvkcUL78
#8Blizzard09Posted 3/10/2013 8:05:04 AM
Learn to adapt your play around your enemy. Counter what they are doing.
---
Mods = Kids to young for this board.
#9darren19822000Posted 3/10/2013 8:08:13 AM
dominion uses the bigger maps and doesnt have AS MUCH vehicle combat.
---
gt darren reefnugs
#10ssj3bladePosted 3/10/2013 8:43:39 AM
why would you like big maps? either

a) you get shredded by DMR fire from wherever

b) you are a camper
---
Posted using GameFlux