Will Destiny compete with Halo in the future.?

#21lderivedxPosted 3/11/2013 2:35:29 AM
Well if 343 could make so many mistakes with Halo and have it still be popular/successful, i'd imagine Bungie's margin for error is pretty wide with Destiny.

Except Destiny doesn't have Halo in its name.

Best of luck to Bungie, but big names sell in part due to their big name.
---
"you got hit by a car? lmao nice awareness, no wonder you suck at halo." - sloppy
GT: i derive dx
#22Cereal4youPosted 3/11/2013 3:07:14 AM
I do hope destiny turns out to be good, and it sounds very intresting.....but I'm not convinced it will he amazing till I see actual gameplay footage...sounds amazing, I hope it plays that way too....

My only concern is....actvision.
#23EDarienPosted 3/11/2013 6:27:15 PM(edited)
lderivedx posted...
Well if 343 could make so many mistakes with Halo and have it still be popular/successful, i'd imagine Bungie's margin for error is pretty wide with Destiny.

Except Destiny doesn't have Halo in its name.

Best of luck to Bungie, but big names sell in part due to their big name.

^ This is a good point ... except that nobody knew who Bungie was or ever heard of Halo until it was released and took off like wildfire (got pretty big for an "unknown" didn't it?). They now have the name of Bungie behind them. That alone will account for a portion of their sales. "The creators of Halo" will likely be either on the box or in some or several advert(s).

Halo may not be in the name, but Bungie itself gained a name in making Halo. You defeat your own point in your post.

edit: Caught a typo after the fact.
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#24IcarusaelPosted 3/11/2013 7:19:13 PM
Bungie Forever <3, Halo was created by Bungie, Halo Forever <3, Destiny is created by Bungie, Destiny Forever <3

There is no problem, both game will be awesome and different.
---
The fire in my soul rejects my wisdom
#25SunDevil77Posted 3/11/2013 7:30:00 PM
Icarusael posted...
Bungie Forever <3, Halo was created by Bungie, Halo Forever <3, Destiny is created by Bungie, Destiny Forever <3

There is no problem, both game will be awesome and different.

Too much niceness...too much rationality...Halo 4 board does not compute.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#26fLiNoPosted 3/12/2013 5:35:00 AM
There are already some preorder posters to give out at my work. It says "From the creators of Halo"
---
XBL Gamertag: Dopsicle
#27jeff_strifePosted 3/12/2013 6:05:46 AM
a "great game" published by activision, no no no no no....
#28SunDevil77Posted 3/12/2013 7:14:47 AM
jeff_strife posted...
a "great game" published by activision, no no no no no....

All aboard the band wagon!!!
---
~Ron Swanson
#29The_Dark_WallPosted 3/12/2013 7:30:02 AM
Imo 343 did a much better job than bungie ever did. As for destiny, don't really know, all we've seen is art for it. I'm not amazed so far but so far there isn't much to be amazed at, way too early to call it.
---
"The only philosophy that is always right is that no philosophy is always right"
#30SunDevil77Posted 3/12/2013 7:31:33 AM
The_Dark_Wall posted...
Imo 343 did a much better job than bungie ever did. As for destiny, don't really know, all we've seen is art for it. I'm not amazed so far but so far there isn't much to be amazed at, way too early to call it.

...you must have missed the reveal.
---
~Ron Swanson