First run on Legendary Solo

#1Weems2kPosted 3/10/2013 1:11:00 PM
Thought I'd try out the Legendary difficulty for this game. I beat it pretty easily on Heroic without any skulls. This time I decided to use 3 skulls. Got through the first mission okay. Definitely have to make your shots count, and have some kind of plan instead of just blasting away. Just wondering if this is like Halo 2 where the first level on Legendary was an absolute b***h, then the rest of the game not bad (still haven't been able to get past that hanger part). I actually beat Halo 1, and 3 on Legendary without too much trouble after awhile.
---
Sorry, bout your damn luck!!!
#2GetRailedPosted 3/10/2013 1:29:19 PM
Solo legendary is fairly easy in this game if you're patient and make good use of utility weapons (weapons like rocket launcher, fuel rod, incineration canon, etc) and can conserve ammo. The noob combo (plasma pistol and a precision weapon) is still your friend but the plasma pistol depletes very quickly when you hold it . Auto-sentry will be your best friend on legendary when you have it as it's a great distraction and can deplete enemy shields.

The only semi difficult missions, I would say, are Infinity (the holdout part) and Midnight (if you don't conserve ammo correctly). This is no where near Halo 2 legendary difficulty where you peak out and die in less than a second lol. The Knights are bullet sponges on legendary, but you can take a bit more damage compared to previous halo games.
#3CrazycatdudePosted 3/10/2013 3:32:21 PM
Precision weapon+plasma pistol= god mode
#4Weems2k(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 2:40:21 PM
Well, half way through, and it wasn't that bad. That part during Infinity was sure a b***h, before I figured it out. Auto Sentry is definitely a must for a solo run. Is the DMR, or Battle Rifle better of the 2?
---
Sorry, bout your damn luck!!!
#5Dastan093Posted 3/17/2013 7:56:11 PM
I'm trying to do the campaign on Legendary (Solo) as well.

Just at the airlock doors, can't seem to clear all of the Covenant forces before I run dry of munitions.

Any advice?
---
Gaming since 2006 - PSN & Steam: Darkhawk16e - 360 Gamertag: River Tam SG - I enjoy the gaming without raging :D
#6That1GuyyPosted 3/17/2013 8:09:52 PM
Weems2k posted...
Well, half way through, and it wasn't that bad. That part during Infinity was sure a b***h, before I figured it out. Auto Sentry is definitely a must for a solo run. Is the DMR, or Battle Rifle better of the 2?

The DMR is better damage-wise than the BR because it is more accurate thanks to not having to worry about missing with bursts, but the burst of the BR is an advantage against shieldless enemies as a single trigger pull gives you three opportunities at an instant-kill headshot, and with regard to number of trigger pulls, both guns have similar total ammo counts.

Regardless, the light rifle is the best of the precision rifles for campaign, and you should always seek to use it over the others. While zoomed in, it has the highest damage capability of the rifles, and there is very little risk to staying zoomed in while playing campaign compared to multiplayer. Additionally, outside of zoom, you once again have the advantage of a burst function that gives you triple the opportunity to instant-kill shieldless, headshottable enemies compared to the DMR or the carbine.

Dastan093 posted...
Just at the airlock doors, can't seem to clear all of the Covenant forces before I run dry of munitions.

What level is this?
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#7_Billy_The_Kid_Posted 3/17/2013 8:37:48 PM
The solo Legendary run on this game wasn't that challenging; was a good distraction for an evening.
---
"Any society that would sacrifice a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither, and lose both"-Benjamin Franklin
#8Cereal4youPosted 3/17/2013 9:02:48 PM
I did a Laso run, GOML
If you plan to do this RC master is your best friend on tips.
#9Dastan093Posted 3/17/2013 9:04:32 PM
It's the very first level; "Prologue" I believe. Those Jackel do an excellent job of making me keep my head down.
---
Gaming since 2006 - PSN & Steam: Darkhawk16e - 360 Gamertag: River Tam SG - I enjoy the gaming without raging :D
#10That1GuyyPosted 3/17/2013 9:22:21 PM(edited)
Dastan093 posted...
It's the very first level; "Prologue" I believe. Those Jackel do an excellent job of making me keep my head down.

Do you mean the outside segment? Use a precision weapon to pop out of cover, snipe a jackel, then go back into cover to regen shields. Once the jackals are gone, the grunts and elites are pretty helpless.

If you have no precision weapons, note there is a rack of battle rifles immediately to your right after you go outside, and if you hug the left wall, you can head to where the jackal snipers and marksmen are in relative safety to grab one of their snipers or the carbines in the covenant supply crates. Additionally, firing quick primary-fire bursts from the plasma pistol can quickly kill both jackals and grunts, and it is actually quite accurate, even at range due to how slow the Covenant move.

Also note that if you wish, you can skip all of the combat in this segment by using a grenade or concussion rifle to boost you to the platform with the control panel on it. You can avoid the Covenant by walking along the right wall of the "room" and approach the panel from the far side, and then climbing the debris up to the panel.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.