Looks like I will be buying Halo 4 after all.

#1THMBZDownGNZUpPosted 3/10/2013 7:54:30 PM
Let me give you a bit of backstory...

Long ago I played Battlefield 3, but since around last November I gave it up, trading in it and Modern Warfare 3 at my local Best Buy. A couple of months ago my LIVE ran out, and so I bought a 3-month Xbox LIVE card a month ago because I thought I was wanting Halo 4. I soon became disinterested when I came here asking for advice. I purchased Far Cry 3 instead when I saw it was on sale at Best Buy, and just recently bought Assassin's Creed 3 as well on sale. I'm not going to bother trying either games' multiplayer because neither interest me.

After watching some Halo 4 mutliplayer gameplay today, my interest was rekindled, and I soon thereafter ordered Halo 4 when I saw it was half the price of retail on Amazon. Now my 3-month Xbox LIVE will get some use after all, and I'm also considering purchasing Black Ops 2. However, I don't expect to see a price drop on that game anytime soon, so that will have to wait.

What say you?
#2BeastlyIguanaPosted 3/10/2013 7:57:40 PM
THMBZDownGNZUp posted...
Let me give you a bit of backstory...

Long ago I played Battlefield 3, but since around last November I gave it up, trading in it and Modern Warfare 3 at my local Best Buy. A couple of months ago my LIVE ran out, and so I bought a 3-month Xbox LIVE card a month ago because I thought I was wanting Halo 4. I soon became disinterested when I came here asking for advice. I purchased Far Cry 3 instead when I saw it was on sale at Best Buy, and just recently bought Assassin's Creed 3 as well on sale. I'm not going to bother trying either games' multiplayer because neither interest me.

After watching some Halo 4 mutliplayer gameplay today, my interest was rekindled, and I soon thereafter ordered Halo 4 when I saw it was half the price of retail on Amazon. Now my 3-month Xbox LIVE will get some use after all, and I'm also considering purchasing Black Ops 2. However, I don't expect to see a price drop on that game anytime soon, so that will have to wait.

What say you?

Don't.
---
Instead of being a Weiner why don't you explain -axelfooley2k5
#3Cpt_of_IndustryPosted 3/10/2013 7:59:29 PM
Honestly, Assassin's Creed 3's multiplayer is really awesome and better than H4's. You really should give it a try it might be your cup of tea.

Unless it's not, then nvm.
---
The Jersey Guy
#4RAGEface14Posted 3/10/2013 8:12:52 PM
Cpt_of_Industry posted...
Honestly, Assassin's Creed 3's multiplayer is really awesome and better than H4's. You really should give it a try it might be your cup of tea.

I've never played any AC games' multiplayer modes. Is it any good? The only one I have with multiplayer is Brotherhood, though.
---
RAGEface14
The bringer of walls of text!
#5Cpt_of_IndustryPosted 3/10/2013 8:20:38 PM
IMO it's pretty awesome. It's very unique.

AC3's is essentially the same thing as Brotherhoods just the servers/perks/weapons have been upgraded for the better. Brotherhood would be like playing Halo CE when you compare it to 3. Unbalanced comes to mind.
---
The Jersey Guy
#6RAGEface14Posted 3/10/2013 9:32:28 PM
IMO it's pretty awesome. It's very unique.

AC3's is essentially the same thing as Brotherhoods just the servers/perks/weapons have been upgraded for the better. Brotherhood would be like playing Halo CE when you compare it to 3. Unbalanced comes to mind.

Well, CE was better than 3, so...

Is there still a good community for Brotherhood?
---
RAGEface14
The bringer of walls of text!
#7ThunderCavalierPosted 3/10/2013 9:34:37 PM

This.

... It's probably not a good sign if we, the people frequenting the Halo 4 board, are encouraging you to play anything else.
---
This sig will self-destruct in 3.... 2.... 1.... Thank you for your time. Cookie? ^_^
#8lderivedxPosted 3/10/2013 9:55:13 PM
I find Blops2 to be very "meh."

I'm sure this game is good for many people. I don't find it to be particularly stellar, and certainly not what I'd expect from a title this huge, but it's ok. That said, I'm starting to fall out of gaming, so my opinion probably is affected by that as well.
---
You hate even numbers? Are you one of those people that only eats certain colors of M&Ms? -skiergamer23
GT: i derive dx
#9That1GuyyPosted 3/10/2013 10:24:06 PM
Since we all stopped playing Reach and I got tired of Gears (again), gaming for me tends to be playing Doom 2 or watching my friends play games. Sometimes I replay an older game, but I can't say I do much gaming any more.

I wanted to like Halo 4 and Black Ops 2, but they were both pretty lame. I kind of wish Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4 were brand new in my mind again. At least I can look forward to some Kickstarters of some devs trying to resurrect classic CRPGs. Those were always pretty cool.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#10Cereal4youPosted 3/10/2013 11:09:36 PM
It's probably just me but I'm loving Ghost Recon FS multiplayer....I play that halo or Battlefield 3...