So I log into Halo 4 and see that there is now a traditional FFA playlist...

#1VauntXPosted 3/11/2013 8:59:03 AM
... but you need DLC to play it.

What is this, I don't even. Not that any of you care one way or the other about my personal investment in this game, but I just had to have a rant about this. I might have actually bought the majestic map pack to try out the new maps (I've heard they're quite good), but I refuse to now out of sheer principle.

If there's anything that's highlighted how far Halo has fallen it's this. No need to point to xBox live activity chart's; no need to bring up the (so obvious it's ****ing laughable) gameplay elements borrowed wholesale from the CoD series; no need to point at the lack of a ranking system. It's gotten so bad, that we've actually somehow reached the point where a standard FFA playlist is now being provided as a premium feature in a Halo game. L o ****ing l. Give me a second, while I go and wipe 343's saliva from my face.
#2That1GuyyPosted 3/11/2013 9:00:43 AM
Playlists were locked back in Halo 3 if you didn't have DLC.

You're a bit late to the party.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#3VauntX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 9:05:03 AM
That1Guyy posted...

Irrelevant to my point. From the very beginning, Halo 3 provided a standard FFA playlist that never ever required DLC. I have no issues with DLC blocked playlists as a general concept.
#4That1GuyyPosted 3/11/2013 9:07:02 AM
VauntX posted...
Irrelevant to my point. From the very beginning, Halo 3 provided a standard FFA playlist that never ever required DLC. I have no issues with DLC blocked playlists as a general concept.

"I literally couldn't care less until it affects me, then I get incredibly angry."
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#5ssj3bladePosted 3/11/2013 10:23:30 AM
That1Guyy posted...
VauntX posted...

"I literally couldn't care less until it affects me, then I get incredibly angry."

---
http://www.imgur.com/gRn0NSE.png
~ ssj3blade ~
#6Spoke_WreckerPosted 3/11/2013 10:27:00 AM

But they fixed that with Halo Reach >.<

*imagines Reach fixing something*
---
What do I look like Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
THIZZ IZ WHAT IT IZ -- GT: Spidux
#7tubb311Posted 3/11/2013 10:29:01 AM
"We are also in the process of finalizing our FFA playlist, which will feature both Infinity Rumble and Rumble Pro on a wide variety of maps, including specifically tuned on-disc and Majestic DLC map variants. We’ll post additional details closer to the playlist’s launch."

http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/03/06/The-Halo-Bulletin-3613.aspx

this is what you miss when you come to garbage can of a forum for Halo info.
#8VauntX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 10:45:39 AM
That1Guyy posted...
VauntX posted...

What the hell are you barfing about? DLC locked playlists, by their very nature, always affected me. Nevertheless, I always bought DLC to enjoy the new maps. I am irritated by the fact that a feature I (and many others) deem as being standard for a Halo game was mysteriously left absent from the game and then reappears as a DLC locked feature several months down the line.

Seriously, read my post again. You couldn't have missed the point harder if you were actively trying to.
#9avalanchegeniexPosted 3/11/2013 1:47:08 PM
VauntX posted...
That1Guyy posted...
VauntX posted...

What the hell are you barfing about? DLC locked playlists, by their very nature, always affected me. Nevertheless, I always bought DLC to enjoy the new maps. I am irritated by the fact that a feature I (and many others) deem as being standard for a Halo game was mysteriously left absent from the game and then reappears as a DLC locked feature several months down the line.

Seriously, read my post again. You couldn't have missed the point harder if you were actively trying to.

And yet you miss the even larger point.

DLC has ALWAYS been accompanied by an FFA playlist and a TEAM playlist for DLC. The problem isn't a "DLC-locked" FFA playlist...the problem is the lack of a STANDARD FFA playlist.
#10metalclashPosted 3/11/2013 1:54:07 PM
idk man if they come out with a BTB objective playlist and you need DLC to buy it... finna bust a nut over here.

I haven't played this game actively in months, I come to this board with the hope that something may change
---
people who snapchat are just flat out stupid.