Why did 343 take the skill out of halo?

#21pcmike2Posted 3/12/2013 12:42:16 PM
TC be mad

in seriousness, it's because they probably thought it would attract the Cod-crowd, but the thing I wish game devs who do this kind of thing would get is you can't attract the cod-crowd to a non-cod game, simply because IT'S NOT COD!!
---
SSBB FC:0946-1920-8546
#22Nella_Baby(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 12:47:57 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
No, but you weren't even old enough to play Halo CE when it came out.

Thank you for proving my point.

I grew up with the Halo trilogy.

The older generation is too casual to care about the features, while the younger generation doesn't have the experience with the trilogy. Me, along with the true veterans of Halo, are in the middle generation; we want our Halo like our Halo, and that's that.
#23SunDevil77Posted 3/12/2013 12:53:55 PM
Nella_Baby posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

The older generation is too casual to care about the features, while the younger generation doesn't have the experience with the trilogy. Me, along with the true veterans of Halo, are in the middle generation; we want our Halo like our Halo, and that's that.

That...is some of the worst reasoning I have heard in a long time.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#24Nella_Baby(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 1:30:15 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Nella_Baby posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

That...is some of the worst reasoning I have heard in a long time.

Do you have any legitimate rebuttals or will you just continue to regurgitate spineless insults?
#25SunDevil77Posted 3/12/2013 1:36:55 PM
Someone who was old enough to buy Halo CE by himself at midnight....buy Halo 2 at midnight...buy the Halo 3 Xbox 360...and well, you see where I am going. I have bought every bit of Halo I can, and you think I don't "care" about it?

That is laughable.

I understand that s*** changes. I'm not going to spend my life b****ing about a game's changes, because I can go back and play the older titles whenever I feel like it. Halo 4 is a good game. A damn good game. If you want disappointing look at stuff like Dragon Age 2.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#26DvoloS88Posted 3/12/2013 2:01:44 PM
Hey nella! Why dont you have anything better to do? You, gush and couple others dominate this board with your negativedy and its getting REAL OLD. You dont like halo4 fine go play a far more broken PoS called CoD.
#27elitewarrior500Posted 3/12/2013 2:03:11 PM
DvoloS88 posted...
Hey nella! Why dont you have anything better to do? You, gush and couple others dominate this board with your negativedy and its getting REAL OLD. You dont like halo4 fine go play a far more broken PoS called CoD.

take that back!!!! gush is our hero and savior!!
---
E=mc^(OMG)/wtf
GT: Ceph Falco http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-nGm2FIMv0
#28BigCatFivePosted 3/12/2013 2:07:48 PM
Just stop playing. The vast majority of the people that bought the game already have.

80% quit
17% actually defend/ enjoy this game
3% still whine about what happened to the series

The Halo we grew up on is dead. Just get over it and preorder Destiny.
#29RAGEface14Posted 3/12/2013 2:22:23 PM
Nella_Baby posted...
Sephiroth9704 posted...
I'm going to break my troll gimmick and tell you that this topic has been made on average every 9 hours every single day since the game came out. Thanks for the contribution.

Good. It needs to be remade until 343 gets the picture.

tubb311 posted...
I've said it in other topics and I'll say it again.

Dynamic Armor?

do you know what "dynamic" means?

Yes I know what dynamic means. I was under the impression that the armors in Halo 4 give you abilities or similar. Maybe I'm wrong about the armor, but my point remains.

343i will never see your butthurt topics, you mouth-breather.
---
RAGEface14
The guy who couldn't 5
#30DvoloS88Posted 3/12/2013 2:25:55 PM
BigCatFive posted...
Just stop playing. The vast majority of the people that bought the game already have.

80% quit
17% actually defend/ enjoy this game
3% still whine about what happened to the series

The Halo we grew up on is dead. Just get over it and preorder Destiny.

TROLL ALERT. Yeah your definitely right, thats why this game got 9s across the board and critically acclaimed GoTY. Because all those "professional game reviewers" are brand new to the halo universe and never played the old ones. Halo 4 did change alot of things up for better and worse, thats the point of a fourth sequel. TO TRY NEW THINGS! Stfu