Why did 343 take the skill out of halo?

#41ssj3bladePosted 3/12/2013 6:35:23 PM
Nella_Baby posted...

I'm not saying Halo 4 is completely absent of skill, just as COD isn't, but the competitive edge found in Halo 1/2/3 is gone now due to the new features.

lmao at people arguing against this
---
http://www.imgur.com/gRn0NSE.png
~ ssj3blade ~
#42childofdelightPosted 3/12/2013 8:44:43 PM(edited)
SunDevil77 posted...
No, but you weren't even old enough to play Halo CE when it came out.

I'm a flawless cowboy, driven on top of your Halo.
---
//I`*'\;:;:;/'*`*`{ ~ Light and Love ~ }`*`*'\;:;:;/'*`I\Y/I`'*|~P L~\*'`'I\\
|]I'*'`|:/\:|`'*n*'`{ ~ Blessed Be ~ } `'*u*'`|:/\:|`'*'I[ | ]I`'*|~U R~\*'`I[|
#43ZheakkPosted 3/12/2013 10:14:02 PM
OP

1. Super creative post, do you feel special since you started a thread instead of just commenting on the numerous other ones that make this exact same argument?

2. How does a ranking system make things any more difficult?

3. You are arguing that because things are more randomized, less skill is required? So if they just gave everyone a magnum the game would require more skill? (oh wait, they already have playlists where everyone has all of the same equipment)

4. You criticize people for not having any arguments, but your opening post literally says "these features make the game more random and thus easier". There is no logical connection drawn between the two statements you make in the entirety of your argument.
#44KageNoSenshiPosted 3/13/2013 3:11:52 AM
Randomness lowers the skill ceiling, which obviously by extension makes the game easier. That should be common sense.

A ranking system that's difficult to achieve encourages people to try harder to achieve the higher skill ranks.

#30 DvoloS88 Posted
BigCatFive posted...
Just stop playing. The vast majority of the people that bought the game already have.

80% quit
17% actually defend/ enjoy this game
3% still whine about what happened to the series

The Halo we grew up on is dead. Just get over it and preorder Destiny.

TROLL ALERT. Yeah your definitely right, thats why this game got 9s across the board and critically acclaimed GoTY. Because all those "professional game reviewers" are brand new to the halo universe and never played the old ones. Halo 4 did change alot of things up for better and worse, thats the point of a fourth sequel. TO TRY NEW THINGS! Stfu

LOL fanboy.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#45BigCatFivePosted 3/13/2013 4:30:36 AM
DvoloS88 posted...
BigCatFive posted...
Just stop playing. The vast majority of the people that bought the game already have.

80% quit
17% actually defend/ enjoy this game
3% still whine about what happened to the series

The Halo we grew up on is dead. Just get over it and preorder Destiny.

TROLL ALERT. Yeah your definitely right, thats why this game got 9s across the board and critically acclaimed GoTY. Because all those "professional game reviewers" are brand new to the halo universe and never played the old ones. Halo 4 did change alot of things up for better and worse, thats the point of a fourth sequel. TO TRY NEW THINGS! Stfu

I never said anything about the Campaign (That is what they review btw), I was just talking about the multiplayer being dead. I don't need to argue. I have real statistics to back up my side.

http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/totalpopulation/all

And the point of a "fourth" Halo would be to be another Halo. If I wanted to "try new new things" I would not buy a sequel to a franchise that came out in 2001. Plus, I HAVE been trying new things. Uncharted and the new God of War. What is it like being poor?
#46SunDevil77Posted 3/13/2013 4:37:03 AM
Hey, kage, do you still not have this game?
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#47Nella_Baby(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 4:53:38 AM
Zheakk posted...

1. Super creative post, do you feel special since you started a thread instead of just commenting on the numerous other ones that make this exact same argument?

I clearly do just as anyone would.

Zheakk posted...

2. How does a ranking system make things any more difficult?

It makes the game more competitive. You get matched up with people who are similar in skill. You don't see NBA teams getting matched up with high school teams do you? It wouldn't be fun for either party.

Zheakk posted...

3. You are arguing that because things are more randomized, less skill is required? So if they just gave everyone a magnum the game would require more skill? (oh wait, they already have playlists where everyone has all of the same equipment)

Yes, it's not really an argument, it's a fact. More random variables = less skill. Everyone should have the same starting weapon, the same perks (no perks), no choice in load-outs, and should be matched up with people of similar skill.

Zheakk posted...

4. You criticize people for not having any arguments, but your opening post literally says "these features make the game more random and thus easier". There is no logical connection drawn between the two statements you make in the entirety of your argument.

There's nothing to argue. I'm not trying to convince you that more randomness equals less competition. That would be like convincing you apples are red.
#48SunDevil77Posted 3/13/2013 5:03:46 AM
But wouldn't adapting to randomness provide a whole new type of challenge? In order to beat an opponent who randomly gets an advantage seems to be difficult...to anyone sane, really.

Also, Halo 4 does pair you with people of equal skill.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#49KageNoSenshiPosted 3/13/2013 5:49:44 AM
#46 SunDevil77 Posted
Hey, kage, do you still not have this game?

WhenTF did I ever say I don't have this game? Unfortunately, I bought this game within a week of its release, thinking I was buying a Halo game.

I have played through the campaign a few times, and trying out the multiplayer early on made it very clear that it wasn't worth playing as it was. And I unfortunately am in no real rush to test the "improvements".
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#50VauntXPosted 3/13/2013 5:58:08 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
But wouldn't adapting to randomness provide a whole new type of challenge? In order to beat an opponent who randomly gets an advantage seems to be difficult...to anyone sane, really.

Also, Halo 4 does pair you with people of equal skill.

Sure, it's difficult, in the same way that playing the game one handed is difficult. The point's against it (in my view) are that it is inherently unfair and frequently dull. In previous Halo's, you could fight for the goodies and if you outplayed your opponent, rightfully earn them. In this Halo, you can go an entire hour and a half without touching a single power weapon worth a damn.