Why did 343 take the skill out of halo?

#51hellzyaaahhhhhhPosted 3/13/2013 7:13:12 AM
xoAxelox posted...
the mechanics are okay its mainly just the maps that suck

yah 343 makes the maps fail

we need hiding spots to snipe from...(speaking of which sniping bullet trails are to visible to long... shoots someone from across map they know exactly were you are...)

alot of fun with maps was finding thos high up hard to find out spots were you can hide /shoot people from with out them finding you 343 removed/ is removing thos spots...

complex for example there used to be a ledge on the back wall that you could jet pack to... 343 removed it then just incase lol? moved the killzone return to map into a slant angle on that area of map

so much for cover 90% of the good spots are being removed (and i dont mean glitched areas inside walls)

we want cover hiding spots... the maps would be alot better if they added alot opening and closing doors...

but yah most the maps are just way to open spaces with no hiding spots...
#52iRGushPosted 3/13/2013 7:15:16 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
But wouldn't adapting to randomness provide a whole new type of challenge? In order to beat an opponent who randomly gets an advantage seems to be difficult...to anyone sane, really.

Also, Halo 4 does pair you with people of equal skill.

yea just adapt to when your gun doesn't go where you aim, that makes sense
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#53JStewVGMPosted 3/13/2013 9:00:46 AM
Nella_Baby posted...
All these new COD-esque features cause a degree of randomness that effectively restricts one's ability to become skillful at this game. The features I speak of include load-outs, perks, classes, sprinting, dynamic armor, and exp rankings, among a few others.

I suppose that's all fine and dandy for the young generation of casual gamers, but for us veterans who grew up with the Halo trilogy, it is NOT okay.

I agree 100%. Best topic on this board.
#54SunDevil77Posted 3/13/2013 10:38:36 AM
KageNoSenshi posted...
#46 SunDevil77 Posted
Hey, kage, do you still not have this game?

WhenTF did I ever say I don't have this game? Unfortunately, I bought this game within a week of its release, thinking I was buying a Halo game.

I have played through the campaign a few times, and trying out the multiplayer early on made it very clear that it wasn't worth playing as it was. And I unfortunately am in no real rush to test the "improvements".

Oh...okay, so you don't play the game, you hate the game, yet you spend a lot of time on the board...huh.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#55jesse_skaterPosted 3/13/2013 10:56:10 AM
Halo 4 does not pair you with equal skill. The invisible ranking system doesn't work.

Example: Bale and I search double team alot together. We have probably won 100 games and lost maybe 6-7. That should mean we would be ranked pretty high in the invisable tru-skill ranks right? Well, one of the last few games we played, we matched idiots with a below 1.0 kdr and we 30-0'd them. More often than not, we crap on everyone. Now in halo 3 dubs, if you were a 50, it was pretty much guaranteed that the other guys were good and it would be a close game.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH-8y2YwsLU
Halo 4 Gameplay GT: Jesse I3aker
#56SpikeTheSpaceCowboyPosted 3/13/2013 3:36:14 PM
I don't see how Armor abilities make for randomness. To me, it adds to my tactical and strategic decisions. It sounds like you whiners can't handle more than pointing and shooting your guns and tossing grenades.

What also kills me is that 343 has also put a playlist in just for you whiners, Team Thowback has no armor abilities and only 2 loadouts to choose from; BR Pistol frags, or DMR pistol and frags, stop crying and go play that. Or better yet, go make your own gametypes and get some friends.

What is the point of buying a sequel if it's just going to be the same exact game with new maps and graphics? Isn't COD always being put down for not making enough changes to keep the franchise interesting.

Fiesta slayer is randomness, and very very fun randomness at that.

1st world problems (First time I've ever used this phrase, but this site and this generation of kids is full of them.) Have you seen what happens to kids these days when they lose or break or get grounded from their Cell Phone's? It's literally the end of the world for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YersIyzsOpc

I know it's not his cell phone, but this is what I think of when it comes to this generation of kids.
---
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Stay smart"
#57VoidBeyondPosted 3/14/2013 12:24:23 PM
Nella_Baby posted...
Zheakk posted...

1. Super creative post, do you feel special since you started a thread instead of just commenting on the numerous other ones that make this exact same argument?

I clearly do just as anyone would.

Zheakk posted...

2. How does a ranking system make things any more difficult?

It makes the game more competitive. You get matched up with people who are similar in skill. You don't see NBA teams getting matched up with high school teams do you? It wouldn't be fun for either party.

Zheakk posted...

3. You are arguing that because things are more randomized, less skill is required? So if they just gave everyone a magnum the game would require more skill? (oh wait, they already have playlists where everyone has all of the same equipment)

Yes, it's not really an argument, it's a fact. More random variables = less skill. Everyone should have the same starting weapon, the same perks (no perks), no choice in load-outs, and should be matched up with people of similar skill.

Zheakk posted...

4. You criticize people for not having any arguments, but your opening post literally says "these features make the game more random and thus easier". There is no logical connection drawn between the two statements you make in the entirety of your argument.

There's nothing to argue. I'm not trying to convince you that more randomness equals less competition. That would be like convincing you apples are red.

To 2.

There is a skill system in the game that matches you to people your level, it's just invisible. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there. It's also becoming visible on Waypoint in April, I think. You should back yourself up with facts and not stuff you think. Also, there is no dynamic armor. Every piece of armor is aesthetic
---
GT: Dethrow2112//PSN: DuodecimKnight//PKMN Black2 FC: 2280 6133 3461
#58lderivedxPosted 3/15/2013 1:18:18 PM
matches you to people your level

It really does not do a good job at all.
---
this is a shining example of why people with alternating caps in their names are treated like special children. - Sin
GT: i derive dx
#59KageNoSenshiPosted 3/15/2013 1:23:59 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
KageNoSenshi posted...
#46 SunDevil77 Posted
Hey, kage, do you still not have this game?

WhenTF did I ever say I don't have this game? Unfortunately, I bought this game within a week of its release, thinking I was buying a Halo game.

I have played through the campaign a few times, and trying out the multiplayer early on made it very clear that it wasn't worth playing as it was. And I unfortunately am in no real rush to test the "improvements".

Oh...okay, so you don't play the game, you hate the game, yet you spend a lot of time on the board...huh.

The board is more entertaining than the game itself.

Not that hard really, shouldn't be difficult to believe either.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#60darkharePosted 3/15/2013 1:38:45 PM
SpikeTheSpaceCowboy posted...
What also kills me is that 343 has also put a playlist in just for you whiners, Team Thowback has no armor abilities and only 2 loadouts to choose from; BR Pistol frags, or DMR pistol and frags, stop crying and go play that. Or better yet, go make your own gametypes and get some friends.

this is what makes me think that the people that complain about this are a very, very small part of the minority that just happen to have the biggest mouths. if people really wanted a return to old Halo, then the game mode would have a huge population.
---
as long as the game divides out to be around $1 or less an hour, the amount i spent on buying it is irrelevent.