When you think about it, the difference between a good and bad player..

#1ToucheAmorePosted 3/13/2013 5:35:02 PM
Is really just how you move the joysticks a millimeter up down side to side and who presses the buttons in a more timely fashion.

Pretty lame.

There's a thin line between good and bad.
---
http://i.imgur.com/xjIiBOr.jpg
http://oi53.tinypic.com/28a111e.jpg
#2Biohazard911Posted 3/13/2013 5:38:04 PM
I'd say this is a great deal of it, but strategy I think is just as important. If you have the best aim in the game with no strategy, you're almost equally as good as someone who plays with a lot of strategy but has bad aim.
---
[This signature can only be viewed by Gamefaqs Gold members]
#3COG_KillaPosted 3/13/2013 5:38:47 PM
I'd say the difference has to do with how smart or stupid someone is.
---
I think with my dipstick, because engine lubrication is important.
#4BigRobb2389Posted 3/13/2013 5:40:14 PM(edited)
that... that's not true at all.

in reality the difference of skill in aiming isn't that great.

Human reaction times aren't that varied.

the difference between a good player and a bad player comes down to decision making, map knowledge, and awareness, knowing where your teammates are and knowing where the enemy might be, or even better, is.

There are other factors as well, but its not as simple as who has the best thumb control. If that were the case, I'd be very very bad most likely. lol.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/BigRobb/
#5bd0g5Posted 3/13/2013 6:23:18 PM
Not at all.
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#6tranceaddict19Posted 3/13/2013 7:35:33 PM
Msheridan> Vblite > baddies
---
360 GT- eljuanandonly
#7cdemaresPosted 3/13/2013 7:58:24 PM
I can carry in one game and get stomped in another. I see an enemy and react, then it's luck. Strategy is no guarantee and any plan can fail.

I say, just accept your ultimate lack of control and quit blaming things. That's one reason I really dig SWAT. It really shows you the chaos that is really going on. No matter how good you are, you can't stop that guy rounding a corner to shoot you in the back, just like he can't control the guy dropping on him from above. It's a big slot machine designed by Arcade.
#8thedeerzordPosted 3/13/2013 8:49:29 PM
BigRobb2389 posted...

the difference between a good player and a bad player comes down to decision making, map knowledge, and awareness, knowing where your teammates are and knowing where the enemy might be, or even better, is.

There are other factors as well, but its not as simple as who has the best thumb control. If that were the case, I'd be very very bad most likely. lol.

The use of armor abilities and support upgrades. Using stealth and active camo and getting alot of kills with few deaths is pretty skillful in my eyes. Halo fans just fail to realize that skill isn't run and gun. It takes thinking and strategy.

Take Halo Wars for instance. Skill is not about rushing or attacking the enemy head on. It's about patience with you allies,scouting,building which units first, and aligning and your pieces up and being ready to defend or attack.

Another example is Pokemon. Most of y'all think that the only way to win a Pokemon battle is to have strong Pokemon and good moves. But its really about strategy as well. Knowing your stats and all that and teaching your Pokemon the right moves to fit those stats is very skillful

Skill is not how strong you are physically. Its about how strong your mind is. Not intelligence, just your mind in general.

Maybe the lack of mics in Halo 4 is what makes some of your games so bad. Because they just go in there and shoot like there's no tomorrow. From what I heard is that Battle Field(I have never played it) have lots of people with mics and I can imagine it having lots of strategy in it.

Also clans have mics and maybe that's why you get your ass handed to you when ever you fight one. Because they plan out there tactics and have the right loadouts.

Halo 4 has skill. Just people who play it don't know what skill is.
---
I WILL DESTROY ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#9bd0g5Posted 3/13/2013 8:53:20 PM
BigRobb2389 posted...

The use of armor abilities and support upgrades. Using stealth and active camo and getting alot of kills with few deaths is pretty skillful in my eyes. Halo fans just fail to realize that skill isn't run and gun. It takes thinking and strategy.

Take Halo Wars for instance. Skill is not about rushing or attacking the enemy head on. It's about patience with you allies,scouting,building which units first, and aligning and your pieces up and being ready to defend or attack.

Another example is Pokemon. Most of y'all think that the only way to win a Pokemon battle is to have strong Pokemon and good moves. But its really about strategy as well. Knowing your stats and all that and teaching your Pokemon the right moves to fit those stats is very skillful

Skill is not how strong you are physically. Its about how strong your mind is. Not intelligence, just your mind in general.

Maybe the lack of mics in Halo 4 is what makes some of your games so bad. Because they just go in there and shoot like there's no tomorrow. From what I heard is that Battle Field(I have never played it) have lots of people with mics and I can imagine it having lots of strategy in it.

Also clans have mics and maybe that's why you get your ass handed to you when ever you fight one. Because they plan out there tactics and have the right loadouts.

Halo 4 has skill. Just people who play it don't know what skill is.

Mentioning camo was bad enough, but you think people actually lose to clans? oh god oh man
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#10enterthemadroxPosted 3/13/2013 9:24:48 PM
cdemares posted...
I can carry in one game and get stomped in another. I see an enemy and react, then it's luck. Strategy is no guarantee and any plan can fail.

I say, just accept your ultimate lack of control and quit blaming things. That's one reason I really dig SWAT. It really shows you the chaos that is really going on. No matter how good you are, you can't stop that guy rounding a corner to shoot you in the back, just like he can't control the guy dropping on him from above. It's a big slot machine designed by Arcade.

This.

I'd say I'm pretty good at SWAT now but I can still get slaughtered by that guy I didn't see turning the corner across the map who happened to glimpse me or the guy who got an assassination while I was cautiously looking round a corner in case there were enemies nearby.

That's why I love SWAT too, the total unpredictability, moreso than in the other playlists although games are unpredictable in every playlist of this game.
---
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load of divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington