AGL Wired (Online/ LAN Tournament)

#1MrFish86Posted 3/14/2013 4:11:06 AM(edited)
Earlier today, AGL had an announcement about a new online/ LAN tournament called "AGL Wired." Basically the way it will work is you pay $200 ($50/ team member) to enter the league, and then you pick a city to play for (first come first serve). The teams that emerge from their pools will then be flown out, all expenses paid, to play at a LAN event for a chance to win some money. The payout for these events will rely on how many teams sign up to participate in these tournaments. The 5 tiers are as follows...

::Tier 1::
96 Teams (Completely online tournament for $10,000 split amongst top 4)
::Tier 2::
192 Teams(Top 8 teams are flown out to a LAN event to play for $10,000 split amongst top 4)
::Tier 3::
256 Teams (Top 12 teams are flown out to a LAN event to play for $10,000 split amongst top 4)
::Tier 4::
384 Teams (Top 12 teams are flown out to a LAN event to play for $20,000 split amongst top 4)
::Tier 5::
448 Teams (Top 16 teams are flown out to a LAN event to play for $20,000 split amongst top 4)

In terms of the cities, they basically choose your bracket placement it seems. Your team will designate a city to be your area, then you will play other teams within that city. Once a winning team emerges from that city, you will then play the top teams from from three other adjacent cities. The following is the listing of cities to choose from, and the groups in which they're in...

American North:
Columbus
Indianapolis
Detroit
Louisville

American East:
New York
Philadelphia
Baltimore
Toronto

American South:
Miami
New Orleans
Tuscalusa
Dalas

American West:
Las Angeles
Seattle
Las Vagas
Portland

National North:
Chicago
Milwaukee
Minnesota
St Louis

National East:
Pittsburgh
Charlotte
Boston
Richmond

National South:
Orlando
Atlanta
Houston
Nashville

National West:
San Francisco
Vancouver
Denver
Phoenix

Within these cities, there are only a certain amount of teams that can represent each area. These numbers are dependent on the tiers. These are the rough estimate of teams allowed that was discussed on the stream, and the dates for when the tournament happens...

Tier 1: 3 Teams/ City
Tier 2: 6 Teams/ City
Tier 3: 8 Teams/ City
Tier 4: 12 Teams/ City
Tier 5: 14 Teams/ City

Participation Information:
Signups: May 14 June 4
Online Tournament: June 9 July 13
Playoffs: July 14th July 31st

There is probably more info on this that I didn't catch on the first time through, but that's more or less what AGL's "big announcement" was. To check this announcement for yourself, here is the link to the stream rebroadcast...

http://youtu.be/nDMuaC8-Fqo?t=21m20s
#2iRGushPosted 3/14/2013 5:26:58 AM
I dont understand why they think they can get 448 teams on a 50$ per person online tournament. Finals are going to be full of host booting.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#3__balePosted 3/14/2013 6:09:00 AM
they couldnt have gotten 448 teams in halo 3..
---
wow strafing tryhards, i always stand still so the bullets can hit me. Whenever someone trys to dodge my shots i know they're a virgin LMAO
#4yanksfan4247Posted 3/14/2013 7:40:35 AM
This is not going to work...
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/69396.png
#5BeastlyIguanaPosted 3/14/2013 7:46:37 AM
Apparently they didn't get the memo that nobody plays this game.
---
Instead of being a Weiner why don't you explain -axelfooley2k5
#6lderivedxPosted 3/14/2013 8:04:16 AM
Dalas

---
Also, we've already established that your amazing high skill 37 firmly establishes you as bad at Halo. - The Beanster
GT: i derive dx
#7Spoke_WreckerPosted 3/14/2013 8:06:07 AM
$50 a head? That's pretty ****ing steep.
---
What do I look like Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
THIZZ IZ WHAT IT IZ -- GT: Spidux
#8bd0g5Posted 3/14/2013 8:07:12 AM
The tourney sounds cool, but finding enough people that want to play $50 each will be a problem.
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#9darren19822000Posted 3/14/2013 12:23:55 PM
too bad this didnt happen a month ago.. i could have afforded it then. might have even paid for my team. now taxes are all gone and no more fun money till summer
---
gt darren reefnugs
#10ODommPosted 3/14/2013 12:38:06 PM
Jesus Christ.... Good luck getting those teams
---
The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist...
~~Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have~~