When you think about it, if you're too afraid to go into a game with randoms..

#1JessicaJungxoPosted 3/14/2013 9:01:17 AM
..you're a tryhard. Now I know you won't admit it, but knowing your win % and K/D is in jeopardy having randoms as teammates makes you afraid. Go ahead and use the excuse "but I don't enjoy myself more," whatever keeps you happy.
---
PSN: Rutgers Student XBL: Jessica Jung xo
Now playing Demon's Souls! (at this rate, forever)
#2Sephiroth9704Posted 3/14/2013 9:04:14 AM
if u think about it if ur afraid to go into a game with randoms then ur probably a sperglord
#3metroidman92Posted 3/14/2013 9:24:20 AM
Hard to believe this is the state of the gaming community nowadays. So sad.
---
This exchange is over.
#4ODommPosted 3/14/2013 9:26:28 AM
Going into a game with randoms means that you potentially have no one to back you up, which can get you into a lot of 1v2/1v3 encounters that get you killed almost 100% of the time.
I don't care too much about my win rate/kd all that, but going in with randoms and just losing all of the time is not fun.
This absolutely does not make someone a tryhard
---
The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist...
~~Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have~~
#5Nella_BabyPosted 3/14/2013 9:32:25 AM
When you think about it, four cats plus nine dogs does NOT equal a cookie crumb!
#6jesse_skaterPosted 3/14/2013 9:34:14 AM
I don't like playing by myself because playing alone is boring
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH-8y2YwsLU
Halo 4 Gameplay GT: Jesse I3aker
#7JessicaJungxo(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 9:41:06 AM
ODomm posted...
Going into a game with randoms means that you potentially have no one to back you up, which can get you into a lot of 1v2/1v3 encounters that get you killed almost 100% of the time.
I don't care too much about my win rate/kd all that, but going in with randoms and just losing all of the time is not fun.

what about going into a game where you're partied with friends that are all bad?
---
PSN: Rutgers Student XBL: Jessica Jung xo
Now playing Demon's Souls! (at this rate, forever)
#8enterthemadroxPosted 3/14/2013 10:07:06 AM
ODomm posted...

I'd say it's 50/50.

Some people are afraid of going into games with randoms for the reason stated but honestly, until you play through a game, you really don't know what you're gonna get, a bad team or a decent team.

I know I shouldn't use rank or tags as a basis for judging other players but I was in a game of Grifball earlier with people who had "MLG" as their tags and were all 130 or around that and we got slaughtered because none of them knew how to pass the ball when they were surrounded and two of them betrayed me constantly when I stood near our goal to try and stop the other team scoring.

I didn't care about winning or losing, I just hated the fact that we got destroyed due to the stupidity and selfishness of others while other games have been fun whether I win or lose (my fave game saw me getting 32 kills with both teams scoring 4 times each and a frantic battle to get the winning point at the end).

I guess ultimately, it depends on your experience but I know I'd never be able to party up even if I wanted to because everyone I know who has the game went back to FIFA 13 after a month so I'm lucky to enjoy the randoms like myself who aren't teaming up in lobbies beforehand.
---
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load of divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington
#9lnknprk_45Posted 3/14/2013 10:21:24 AM
Lone wolf for life.
#10ExisT3nTiaLPosted 3/14/2013 11:03:02 AM
heh, I only play with randoms. I'm getting older and honestly don't feel like talking when I am trying to relax. Most of my older, gamer friends don't play online unless its PC related. Most of the normal Halo players know how to play the ****ing game at this point so its usually pretty 50/50.

But man I have been on awful teams doing this. But I don't really care to much about the stats. I just try to stay above 1.0 k/d so that I don't look like a total loser to my random teamies.
---
I wish I had some whiskey and a gun my dear...
GAMERTAG: EXisT3nTiaL