Question about mantis stomp...

#1mac08801Posted 3/14/2013 2:11:25 PM
Are there any specific medals for a mantis stomp to track for the achievement on Shatter (hope not - if so, it means I didn't get any...)

Also, what's the radius of the stomp? Can you stomp players behind the mantis? Any good tip to get more stomps?
#2ODommPosted 3/14/2013 2:50:38 PM
You mean Gangsta Walkin?
---
The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist...
~~Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have~~
#3HitmanCT13Posted 3/14/2013 3:01:58 PM
^ got me crackin up
---
"I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be"
GT HitmanCT13
#4iRGushPosted 3/14/2013 3:03:10 PM
Use the melee button
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#5mac08801(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 4:11:52 PM
iRGush posted...
Use the melee button

thx - that will help me get more stomps.

As far as radius, anyone knows? Seems like it's pretty small. I'm not sure if stomp will get players behind the mantis...
#6Oblivion_HeroPosted 3/14/2013 6:49:03 PM
iirc, the stomp is a slightly more than 180 degree radius in front of the legs. You can kill people with clip damage from the sides, but it's why you can generally mount it from behind.
---
You can't call him out for being wrong when he never intended to be right - Stephen Colbert
"Bad Mojo" is not a diagnosis - Dr. Foreman, House, M.D.
#7Pyronix337Posted 3/14/2013 9:53:16 PM
It's a slow and annoying process, but if you can get the Mantis in Big Team there's usually at least one person per game who will run right at you spraying an AR or something. The trick them is to resist the urge to blow them away before they get to you, or have one of your team mates do the same.

I've also heard that the number of stomps is inconsistent for unlocking the achievement, so that's why I keep score manually (because there's nothing in the game that differentiates between a stomp vs regular Mantis kill)
#8mac08801(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 5:58:18 PM
Pyronix337 posted...
It's a slow and annoying process, but if you can get the Mantis in Big Team there's usually at least one person per game who will run right at you spraying an AR or something.

haha

Haven't seen that yet - will try to resist the urge...
#9LythirisPosted 3/15/2013 7:07:31 PM
No, there's no medals for stomps. If you get the Wheelman ability, it makes it a lot easier. People will EMP you and think they have a larger window to board you than they actually do. Also, they need to board from behind, and you can rotate even while stomping. So if you miss a stomp, keep the front pointed at them. It'll make it a little harder for them.
---
"I figured maybe a bullet in the back. Or a knife in the back. Maybe hit by a train."
"In the back?" "In the back, yeah."
#10BlueRunway05Posted 3/15/2013 9:58:34 PM
Mantis stomping is a pain for me because I never get kills. My stomping always result player suicide. Why?
---
Water-It's good for you!-- Hard games are fun... Yes, you, Dark Souls.