does a wired controller actually reflect a difference when playing?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. does a wired controller actually reflect a difference when playing?
2 years ago#1
does response seem somehow more reactive than it already does with a wireless controller?
---
http://i.imgur.com/xjIiBOr.jpg
http://oi53.tinypic.com/28a111e.jpg
2 years ago#2
ive always thought so, but my friends tell me im paranoid
---
If death is nothing but a path to be trod,
then walk with me and let me introduce you to your god.
2 years ago#3
It does, after years of using a wireless controller I borrowed a wired controller from a friend and noticed a difference right away. The reason for this is because since a wired controller is wired directly into the Xbox, there is absolutely zero latency between your action on the controller and the action on the screen. A wired controller has a slight delay. The difference is not big, but you'll notice it if you've used a wireless controller for a long time.
---
This is my sig ya dig?
2 years ago#4
They have faster response times than wireless.
---
The sight of hell brings its viewers in
2 years ago#5
The average human does not have the ability to perceive any difference between the two, if there is even a difference to begin with. The difference between the two in latency is not that significant. Truly, the only real advantage to a wired controller is that you won't have the batteries run out during play.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
2 years ago#6
RAGEface14 posted...

^ That.

But the difference is so minor that it won't matter. Unless you're playing in a large tournament for a prize, where people have the reaction speeds of a damn greek god.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
2 years ago#7
The difference only matters for PC games where you need to make a series of extremely fast and accurate clicks. And even then it's iffy. Certainly in a game like Halo, the difference is negligible, and probably unnoticable altogether
2 years ago#8
SunDevil77 posted...
RAGEface14 posted...

^ That.

But the difference is so minor that it won't matter. Unless you're playing in a large tournament for a prize, where people have the reaction speeds of a damn greek god.

When I use wireless controllers, I get a pretty significant delay. Could just be a synchronization problem between my console and TV, though.
---
RAGEface14
Expect big words in my posts.
2 years ago#9
the response time is negligible unless you have some sort of interference with your wireless transmission while using a wireless controller

the only reason wired controllers are preferred at competitive events is for consistency because wireless transmissions can be disrupted
---
PSN: axeei
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL
2 years ago#10
Tube TV v.s. an HD tv is a way more noticeable difference IMO.

When you can make a tv with the instant feedback of a tube tv with the graphics of an HD tv, I will give you all the money.
---
The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist...
~~Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have~~
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. does a wired controller actually reflect a difference when playing?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived