The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

does a wired controller actually reflect a difference when playing?

#1ToucheAmorePosted 3/14/2013 4:25:35 PM
does response seem somehow more reactive than it already does with a wireless controller?
---
http://i.imgur.com/xjIiBOr.jpg
http://oi53.tinypic.com/28a111e.jpg
#2stoltenberg11Posted 3/14/2013 4:43:53 PM
ive always thought so, but my friends tell me im paranoid
---
If death is nothing but a path to be trod,
then walk with me and let me introduce you to your god.
#3NoisufSJPosted 3/14/2013 4:53:25 PM
It does, after years of using a wireless controller I borrowed a wired controller from a friend and noticed a difference right away. The reason for this is because since a wired controller is wired directly into the Xbox, there is absolutely zero latency between your action on the controller and the action on the screen. A wired controller has a slight delay. The difference is not big, but you'll notice it if you've used a wireless controller for a long time.
---
This is my sig ya dig?
#4RAGEface14Posted 3/14/2013 4:55:10 PM
They have faster response times than wireless.
---
The sight of hell brings its viewers in
#5That1GuyyPosted 3/14/2013 7:43:00 PM
The average human does not have the ability to perceive any difference between the two, if there is even a difference to begin with. The difference between the two in latency is not that significant. Truly, the only real advantage to a wired controller is that you won't have the batteries run out during play.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#6SunDevil77Posted 3/14/2013 7:50:16 PM
RAGEface14 posted...

^ That.

But the difference is so minor that it won't matter. Unless you're playing in a large tournament for a prize, where people have the reaction speeds of a damn greek god.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#7Pyronix337Posted 3/14/2013 9:48:54 PM
The difference only matters for PC games where you need to make a series of extremely fast and accurate clicks. And even then it's iffy. Certainly in a game like Halo, the difference is negligible, and probably unnoticable altogether
#8RAGEface14Posted 3/14/2013 9:52:28 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
RAGEface14 posted...

^ That.

But the difference is so minor that it won't matter. Unless you're playing in a large tournament for a prize, where people have the reaction speeds of a damn greek god.

When I use wireless controllers, I get a pretty significant delay. Could just be a synchronization problem between my console and TV, though.
---
RAGEface14
Expect big words in my posts.
#9xoAxeloxPosted 3/14/2013 10:01:43 PM
the response time is negligible unless you have some sort of interference with your wireless transmission while using a wireless controller

the only reason wired controllers are preferred at competitive events is for consistency because wireless transmissions can be disrupted
---
PSN: axeei
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL
#10ODommPosted 3/14/2013 10:14:38 PM
Tube TV v.s. an HD tv is a way more noticeable difference IMO.

When you can make a tv with the instant feedback of a tube tv with the graphics of an HD tv, I will give you all the money.
---
The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist...
~~Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have~~