Out of the 'newer' FPS genre Halo 4 has the worst...

#1X ProwLPosted 3/14/2013 11:53:45 PM
Match making.

Call of duty has "some" SBMM
Battlefield has the option to choose servers.
But Halo 4 has none of these?

Did 343 ignore all the good things Bungie did?

/generic halo 4 rant #17452
---
Gamefaqs, The only place where a Single post can get moderated, Overturned and then RE-Moderated. Pathetic.
#2MrFish86Posted 3/15/2013 12:34:14 AM
SBMM? What does that mean? Server based match making? as in dedicated servers? If that's what you mean, well I don't care about not having that in Halo to be honest. It could be nice, but it's just not something I care for one way or the other.

As for saying battlefield has better matchmaking? HA!!! That is one of the game's biggest problems. Trying to join a game with more than 3 other friends is a nightmare, and you can't even host a lobby unless you pay EA for that privilege BY THE DAY! It's absolutely horrible, and Halo's match making system is far better than BF3's joke of a system.
#3That1GuyyPosted 3/15/2013 12:37:19 AM
SBMM means skill based matchmaking, I can only assume. Call of Duty has the traditional lobby system, plus some sort of league deal that uses some form of Trueskill.

Fish, you should care about dedicated servers. They'd do wonders to reduce lag, like the hated blood shot.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#4MrFish86Posted 3/15/2013 12:43:55 AM
the only games I've played on the 360 that used dedicated servers were battlefield and rainbow six games. Both of them still had the potential to lag, only this time no one had any sort of host advantage. So while it can be nice, once the servers become rocky, it feels like any other crappy host. That's why I don't care much for dedicated servers one way or the other.
#5That1GuyyPosted 3/15/2013 12:44:45 AM
Less potential for lag > More potential for lag.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#6YellowPurplePosted 3/15/2013 3:00:26 PM
BF3's servers take a dump on this games awful servers.

I've never had to stare at a blank screen in the middle of a BF3 game because somebody quit the game. I also haven't had to sit in lobbies that won't fill for over 10 minutes.
#7Dark_Assassin_XPosted 3/15/2013 3:20:30 PM
Honestly I think the biggest drawback on Halo's matchmaking in general was that it alwasy took you a dogs age to find a game. And then there are those times where you have 15 people and spend five minutes looking for one last guy only for the search to restart once you find him.
---
GT: SilentChaos87 - Currently Playing: League of Legends, Black Ops 2
#8DvoloS88Posted 3/16/2013 6:55:32 AM
Dark_Assassin_X posted...
Honestly I think the biggest drawback on Halo's matchmaking in general was that it alwasy took you a dogs age to find a game. And then there are those times where you have 15 people and spend five minutes looking for one last guy only for the search to restart once you find him.

I hear ya, people seem to forget that for a while halo3s mm took just aslong if not longer than 4s. Halo 2 suffered same issue so stop acting like bungie was perfect. Im glad bungie departed halo, halo5 will show 343 true potential or not.
#9bd0g5Posted 3/16/2013 7:34:57 AM
I wish we had the ability to search by connection so I don't have to try my balls off on a NZ host in FFA. Join in progress is also stupid when I join a FFA game 10 kills in.
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#10SpikeTheSpaceCowboyPosted 3/16/2013 8:55:25 AM
X ProwL posted...
Match making.

Call of duty has "some" SBMM
Battlefield has the option to choose servers.
But Halo 4 has none of these?

Did 343 ignore all the good things Bungie did?

/generic halo 4 rant #17452

Acronyms drive me insane. Especially new ones, or those only known by small communities. I can deal with FPS, even though it has 2 meanings in gaming, and a few old school ones like WTF or OMFG or LOL, but this stuff is getting ridiculous. Why can't you just type it out so I don't have to ask what your talking about or look it up on google. Considering most people can type pretty quick is it that much to ask you to stop using them like everyone knows what your talking about.

/rant

YOLO! *shoots self in the head*
---
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Stay smart"