What's your opinion on "power weapon" players?

#1balmung2100Posted 3/15/2013 3:22:29 PM
The players who strictly relies on incineration cannon, rocket launcher, fuel rod cannon and rail guns for their kills. Also includes the ones who goes straight for the sniper rifle, sits back with camo and picks off players who are in combat with other players. When encountered during that moment where they either just ran out of ammo or reloading, they sprint away in hopes that another team member is near by so they can double team you. In my experience, I've been running into almost nothing but this. I'm all for getting it how you get it, but i'm starting to see a big increase in this type of tactic to the point where i'm thinking "man can they even kill without power weapons?". Sometimes i get satisfied when i'm killed with a boltshot, battle rifle or something like that lol.

I'm especially running into this in team doubles. Unless my luck in this game is bad, almost every match i'm in are against two people who goes straight for the sticky gun, rail run or sniper rifle and camps in hopes that they'll catch me or my team mate slipping. I even quitted some double matches because of that even if i am winning. Starts to feel like hide and seek after awhile.
---
With this blow....I shall seal your fate!!!
"Yukimura Sanada"
#2Dark_Assassin_XPosted 3/15/2013 3:24:25 PM
That's the way Halo has always been. There have always been people who bum rush the power weapons and aren't any good without them. Honestly I find the best way to deal with them is to stick to cover, make them come to you, or slip into a position where their effective range is gone.
---
GT: SilentChaos87 - Currently Playing: League of Legends, Black Ops 2
#3BigRobb2389Posted 3/15/2013 3:25:50 PM
Well, I can't get mad about someone rushing a weapon.

but yes, I think the disdain for campers is true across all fpses.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/BigRobb/
#4DrakillionPosted 3/15/2013 3:45:51 PM
Power weapons are fair game in my opinion. Yes, it's annoying when somebody has the rocket launcher and proceeds to blow up your team while being untouchable but every dog has there day.

Camo snipers drive me crazy. Period. People who crouch walk with the shotgun and sword are also very annoying. I rarely go for both of them anyway since I feel like I have bad luck when using them.
---
---
"Dating Yukari Takeba is, like, the closest thing to dating Michelle Ruff, so I don't see the reason why not."- My brother XD
#5BlueRunway05Posted 3/15/2013 8:54:41 PM
I'm good without power weapons at least, but I have to get the power weapons before the opposing team gets one. It gets one sided sometime when either team gets one.
---
Water-It's good for you!-- Hard games are fun... Yes, you, Dark Souls.
#6Pyronix337Posted 3/15/2013 9:34:21 PM
If power weapons are there, people are gonna use them, regardless of whether they're good or bad. I do agree though that with ordnance drops, there seems to be an over-saturation of power weapons through the game. Or like Dominion on Meltdown where everybody and their Mom has either an incineration cannon or binary rifle, sometimes both. But you can't criticize people for taking advantage of an entirely legitimate game mechanic. If it's not legit, then 343 should take it out
#7TheSilentMiragePosted 3/15/2013 10:19:57 PM
What's your opinion on "power" players?
#8darkharePosted 3/15/2013 10:34:54 PM
balmung2100 posted...
The players who strictly relies on incineration cannon, rocket launcher, fuel rod cannon and rail guns for their kills. Also includes the ones who goes straight for the sniper rifle, sits back with camo and picks off players who are in combat with other players. When encountered during that moment where they either just ran out of ammo or reloading, they sprint away in hopes that another team member is near by so they can double team you. In my experience, I've been running into almost nothing but this. I'm all for getting it how you get it, but i'm starting to see a big increase in this type of tactic to the point where i'm thinking "man can they even kill without power weapons?". Sometimes i get satisfied when i'm killed with a boltshot, battle rifle or something like that lol.

i try as hard as possible to never get into a "fair fight", cause fair fights mean the other person might win. i do every single thing you mentioned above, as well as i have my own little tricks, i dont give a damn if you like it or not.

---
BattleTech, FrontLineGeneral,Paintball. only have time for xbla games nowdays.
#9balmung2100(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 11:36:47 PM
Pyronix337 posted...
If power weapons are there, people are gonna use them, regardless of whether they're good or bad. I do agree though that with ordnance drops, there seems to be an over-saturation of power weapons through the game. Or like Dominion on Meltdown where everybody and their Mom has either an incineration cannon or binary rifle, sometimes both. But you can't criticize people for taking advantage of an entirely legitimate game mechanic. If it's not legit, then 343 should take it out

Lol that's so true about dominion on meltdown. In my case, i see the binary rifle more often. As annoying as it is though, I do agree that people using power weapons like that is a legit tactic. Like i said i'm definitely all for getting it how you get it. In BTIS, it is definitely fun trying out manuever those type of players. I especially love getting assassinations on the camo snipers and the incineration cannon-promethian vision people. The people i wonder about though are the ones that be ripping through the mic about how much skill they have and how they feel they can carry a team but can barely get kills with the standard guns; even the dmr.
---
With this blow....I shall seal your fate!!!
"Yukimura Sanada"
#10ZheakkPosted 3/16/2013 12:54:50 AM
I agree this is frustrating. I don't really get to upset over it though, because honestly, as soon as they run out of ammo in their incineration cannon they are garbage and spend the next 2 minutes getting murdered while they wait for another one to spawn.

Sometimes when I find a power weapon I just blast all the ammo into a wall or something and move on.