What's your opinion on "power weapon" players?

#21KageNoSenshiPosted 3/16/2013 7:14:40 AM
balmung2100 posted...
KageNoSenshi posted...
So true, TC! HOW DARE PEOPLE BE BETTER THAN YOU! HOW DARE POPLE TAKE ADVANTAGE OF POWER WEAPONS AND TEAMWORK TO WIN!! Everyone should march out to the middle of the map with their ARs and fight out in the open on fair terms.

How stupid is this nonsense? WTF are you supposed to do w/ a power weapon if not get kills with it?

The only even remote truth to this post is that it highlights the stupidity of rewarding players with power weapons without having to earn them. But to act like people shouldn't use what's available to them is asinine.

Lol are you being serious with me? If so, then show me where I'm implying that people "shouldn't use what's available to them". Keep in mind that i did say twice now that i'm all for getting it how you get it. I also said the type of players i wonder about are the ones ripping through the mic about "outstanding" skills when they can't shoot straight with a standard gun.

There is not a single implication in your OP about people not being able to shoot straight w/ spawn weapons. Your OP comes off solely as whining about getting owned by power weapons. There was no indication that when they don't have power weapons, you dominate them back. There was also certainly no mention that these people are claiming to be awesome.

Not as if that would be relevant anyway, because people don't have to engage you on your terms. They don't have to not use a power weapon because you aren't. And if you were really were ok with people getting kills however they need to, you would have never made this topic to begin with. So yeah anybody at least halfway intelligent is going to make it easy to get kills as often as possible.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#22KageNoSenshiPosted 3/16/2013 7:23:06 AM
Kai101x posted...
KageNoSenshi posted...
Zheakk posted...
I agree this is frustrating. I don't really get to upset over it though, because honestly, as soon as they run out of ammo in their incineration cannon they are garbage and spend the next 2 minutes getting murdered while they wait for another one to spawn.

Sometimes when I find a power weapon I just blast all the ammo into a wall or something and move on.

Your teammates must love you...

So much bad. I really wish devs would stop catering to this scrub mentality.

He may end up in a lot of situations where he's constantly in a 3v1 after a 1v1, he uses all the ammo real quick so the enemy cant get it and use it to their advantage. It could also be that maybe he killed an enemy that had a power weapon that he has no interest in, so he picked it up with the sole purpose of using the ammo so they cant come back to it and resume picking off his team mates from the side. It could be a lot of reasons to why he does that, but it makes sense. Just like the majority of gamefaqs, you used the term "scrub" without knowing what it actually means.

Not utilizing advantages, and acting like other people shouldn't be able to take advantage of what the game offers, acting like good players should play at the basic level and not do anythng to make success easier for themselves, is exactly what being a scrub is.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
#23bd0g5Posted 3/16/2013 7:30:29 AM
Camo snipers, including the player with the most sniper kills in the world, tend to suck. kid couldn't do **** with his dmr get wrecked lmfao
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#24Killean_NuggetsPosted 3/16/2013 8:37:32 AM
I like how the vast majority of the people in topics such as this one are god awful, and have somehow convinced themselves that their opinions are in any way relevant.
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#25Blizzard09Posted 3/16/2013 8:53:50 AM
Dark_Assassin_X posted...
That's the way Halo has always been. There have always been people who bum rush the power weapons and aren't any good without them. Honestly I find the best way to deal with them is to stick to cover, make them come to you, or slip into a position where their effective range is gone.

That statement is so wrong in so many ways. Getting a power weapon is more then just about using it, its about taking the weapon away from the other team. Power weapons are used to hold a area of the map down, meaning you try and keep enemies in a area making getting kills easier.

If you stay in cover from a sniper, chances are you are taken out of the fight unless someone comes to you, meaning you become useless. If you stay far away from the guy with the rocket launcher holding a building and keeping you pushed towards your spawn, you are now easy to find and horded up for the killing.
---
Mods = Kids to young for this board.
#26balmung2100(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 9:31:40 AM
KageNoSenshi posted...
balmung2100 posted...
KageNoSenshi posted...
So true, TC! HOW DARE PEOPLE BE BETTER THAN YOU! HOW DARE POPLE TAKE ADVANTAGE OF POWER WEAPONS AND TEAMWORK TO WIN!! Everyone should march out to the middle of the map with their ARs and fight out in the open on fair terms.

How stupid is this nonsense? WTF are you supposed to do w/ a power weapon if not get kills with it?

The only even remote truth to this post is that it highlights the stupidity of rewarding players with power weapons without having to earn them. But to act like people shouldn't use what's available to them is asinine.

Lol are you being serious with me? If so, then show me where I'm implying that people "shouldn't use what's available to them". Keep in mind that i did say twice now that i'm all for getting it how you get it. I also said the type of players i wonder about are the ones ripping through the mic about "outstanding" skills when they can't shoot straight with a standard gun.

There is not a single implication in your OP about people not being able to shoot straight w/ spawn weapons. Your OP comes off solely as whining about getting owned by power weapons. There was no indication that when they don't have power weapons, you dominate them back. There was also certainly no mention that these people are claiming to be awesome.

Not as if that would be relevant anyway, because people don't have to engage you on your terms. They don't have to not use a power weapon because you aren't. And if you were really were ok with people getting kills however they need to, you would have never made this topic to begin with. So yeah anybody at least halfway intelligent is going to make it easy to get kills as often as possible.

Well of course there's no implication in my OP about people not shooting straight and them claiming to be awesome. I know i didn't include that. I said that in my second post. I would think that you read my second post since you quoted my third one otherwise you would have known this before stating what you just stated. Message boards are for discussions. I made this topic to see the different views from people about the type of players that use this tactic. I dont need to provide indication for you or anyone that I'm dominating them back. If you would like to read something like that, then make a topic about it so me and others can contribute to it with similiar experiences.

A lot of people on gamefaqs never fails to misuse the term "whining". Whining is me complaining or protesting in a childish way. Complaining about how it's unfair that i'm getting killed a lot by those power weapons, how i find it cheap and how it needs to be changed or i'm quitting halo. None of that is present in this topic. Know what the term means before throwing it in an argument next time. Search the term on google. It's there for a reason.
---
With this blow....I shall seal your fate!!!
"Yukimura Sanada"
#27KageNoSenshiPosted 3/16/2013 3:15:28 PM(edited)
Nah, didn't really care about the joke topic discussion before my post, and only responded to that post because yours was a direct response to mine.

Denying that it's whining doesn't make it not whining either.

EDIT: Quitting out of a game that you're winning, because you're not winning on "your terms", is incredibly childish. I want to say that your partner must hate when you quit out of a match like that, but if you're as bad as you come off, you probably leave them better off without you.
---
#28ZheakkPosted 3/16/2013 5:02:54 PM
KageNoSenshi posted...
Kai101x posted...
KageNoSenshi posted...
Zheakk posted...
I agree this is frustrating. I don't really get to upset over it though, because honestly, as soon as they run out of ammo in their incineration cannon they are garbage and spend the next 2 minutes getting murdered while they wait for another one to spawn.

Sometimes when I find a power weapon I just blast all the ammo into a wall or something and move on.

Your teammates must love you...

So much bad. I really wish devs would stop catering to this scrub mentality.

He may end up in a lot of situations where he's constantly in a 3v1 after a 1v1, he uses all the ammo real quick so the enemy cant get it and use it to their advantage. It could also be that maybe he killed an enemy that had a power weapon that he has no interest in, so he picked it up with the sole purpose of using the ammo so they cant come back to it and resume picking off his team mates from the side. It could be a lot of reasons to why he does that, but it makes sense. Just like the majority of gamefaqs, you used the term "scrub" without knowing what it actually means.

Not utilizing advantages, and acting like other people shouldn't be able to take advantage of what the game offers, acting like good players should play at the basic level and not do anythng to make success easier for themselves, is exactly what being a scrub is.

Wasn't necessarily intending this to become an argument, but let me explain. This is something that I do situationally, and there are different reasons for it, some of which have already been explained. Typically this isn't something I ever need to do when I am playing with decent teammates, and if I am on my mic at the time, I will sometimes even guard a power weapon that I find so someone may come pick it up. However, times when I might empty the weapon and drop it are if:

1. I don't find the weapon suited for my playstyle on a particular map, such as a shotgun or scattershot on a map like longbow or complex, I typically encounter many more enemies at a distance on these maps, so would rather have something with range. Another example would be the concussion rifle on any fairly open map.

2. I already have a similar gun, I don't ever need a shotgun and scattershot, or sniper rifle and beam rifle. Occasionally two snipers rifles are alright as CQC with them isn't terrible if forced into it, but holding on to two solely CQC weapons is pretty much pointless. If somehow I do get killed, I would rather not give the other team two power weapons.

3. As stated earlier, if I can tell I am about to die I will often try to get rid of some ammo, this is a fairly common practice for most people I would think though.

I think it comes down to people thinking that any power weapon is better than any load out weapon in any situation. There are times when I would rather be using a carbine than another power weapon. Much harder to pick off a guy on a jetpack when you have an incineration cannon and a shotgun than with a precision loadout weapon. Sure I could wait for them to land or fly near a wall or ceiling, but in the meantime they might kill one of my teammates and we are now down a point because I picked up that extra power weapon. At the same time, if my teammates are terrible or oblivious, I'd rather not leave it on the ground for the other team to get.
#29KageNoSenshiPosted 3/17/2013 3:19:14 AM
1. Shows an unwillingness to adapt. Or at least to learn to. By wasting the ammo, you do so to prevent others from using it. This, at least subconsciously, admits that it is possible to be successful with these weapons on these maps. But you choose to not even try.

2. This might be your strongest argument, but it still at its core denies opportunities for yourself as well. When you successfully use all the ammo in your shotgun, you could switch off to the scattershot. If you kill the person with the scattershot while holding a shotgun, you can switch off if they had more ammo. It denies opportunities to yourself, as well as everyone else.

3. Picking up from #2, you should be more concerned with survival, or at least getting the weapon back to your team. Even admitting that your team isn't that good, it certainly doesn't make them "better" to deny them access to power weapons. Though perhaps it may be wise to be selective about which weapons you should leave for your teammates, leaving them with nothing doesn't give them an advantage.
---
#30elitewarrior500Posted 3/17/2013 3:27:16 AM
halo has always been about power weapon control.. however infinity is annoying as f*** when u cant tell what power weapons the enemy team might have until its too late. where as in older halo as long as you communicated with your team you would know what the enemy had at all times
---
Official lone wolf of the H4GB
GT: Ceph Falco http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-nGm2FIMv0