What's your opinion on "power weapon" players?

#31KamickasPosted 3/17/2013 7:53:50 AM(edited)
darkhare posted...
balmung2100 posted...
The players who strictly relies on incineration cannon, rocket launcher, fuel rod cannon and rail guns for their kills. Also includes the ones who goes straight for the sniper rifle, sits back with camo and picks off players who are in combat with other players. When encountered during that moment where they either just ran out of ammo or reloading, they sprint away in hopes that another team member is near by so they can double team you. In my experience, I've been running into almost nothing but this. I'm all for getting it how you get it, but i'm starting to see a big increase in this type of tactic to the point where i'm thinking "man can they even kill without power weapons?". Sometimes i get satisfied when i'm killed with a boltshot, battle rifle or something like that lol.

i try as hard as possible to never get into a "fair fight", cause fair fights mean the other person might win. i do every single thing you mentioned above, as well as i have my own little tricks, i dont give a damn if you like it or not.

You're my hero...this is how you play competitively.

People need to understand that you don't play a competitive match to fight fairly. If someone is absolute garbage with DMR/BR/LRs and other starting weapons, but can consistently get +15-+20 K/Ds via power weapons, then they're not "bad at the game". They recognize their weaknesses, and are playing to their strengths so they don't drag down their whole team. Now, as always...there are exceptions to everything. I'm not saying every case is like this, but I imagine a good 70% of the time people claim camping or no-skill is just because they're mad at dying/losing.

I'm decent at mid-range combat with the DMR/BR/LR on most occasions, but it's not my strength....especially on open maps, like Ragnarok. So, i'm certainly not going to limit my effectiveness by focusing on mid-range combat out in the open just to appear more "pro". No, on Ragnarok I camo-snipe. I avoid close confrontation and open areas. In my opinion, the results are what matters. If my actions result in significant damage to the enemy team with little repercussions to my own, then i'm doing a fantastic job and any comments about how I camp or have no skill are interpreted as being mad at dying by my hands.

In my opinion, if a person is going to go ridiculously negative if they DON'T go for power weapons/camp, then i'd rather they camp. At least then they're contributing to their team. People should play to their strengths and cover their weaknesses...if someone is bad at dmr/br/lr combat, then they damn sure better figure out a way to circumvent that weakness.
#32miniraymundo2uPosted 3/17/2013 11:53:43 AM
Why DON'T you play like that? If you and your team sprint and snap up all the power weps in the beginning, The other team doesn't have them, which means your team has a higher likelyhood of winning, or at least getting into the lead.
As for Camo-Snipers, I highly approve. I don't think it's cheap, I think it's smart to sit back and pick off players who are distracted. If someone is on a teammate, you have a clear shot to save him and the point.
Lastly, you said you had a problem with players who run off to find teammates when you engage them. Why wouldn't you do the same? If someone got the drop on you, why would you stand there and challenge them, they'd kill you and get the point. I feel like a good player would "call out" and make a run for his closest teammate, or if he's already done too much damage to get away, drop a 'nade and have a friend clean it up.
I feel like it's just common sense to do these things, I don't understand why people get so upset when these things happen :/
---
Stupid droids, always falling apart.
Platinum FC:4812 8269 3339
#33bd0g5Posted 3/17/2013 11:59:59 AM
More bad players I see.
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#34balmung2100(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 2:00:30 PM
KageNoSenshi posted...
Nah, didn't really care about the joke topic discussion before my post, and only responded to that post because yours was a direct response to mine.

Denying that it's whining doesn't make it not whining either.

EDIT: Quitting out of a game that you're winning, because you're not winning on "your terms", is incredibly childish. I want to say that your partner must hate when you quit out of a match like that, but if you're as bad as you come off, you probably leave them better off without you.

Lol sounds like you misinterepted that part in my first post. I do agree that quitting a game because you're not winning on your terms is childish, but that's not the case here. I quit games like that for the camping reasons. It gets boring after you have spent the past 3-4 games looking for the enemies and ended up winning(since time ran out) with like 5 kills/deaths because they decided to spend the whole game hiding from corner to corner. Good luck finding them when you see that your partner quitted already. I dont mind digging up campers, but you got to admit that it does gets tiring after doing it back to back a few times whether you're winning or losing. That's usually when i switch over to another playlist.

Also i see a lot of this on this board, so i'm curious. How am i coming off as bad? I saw a lot of other topics here where people are quick to lable someone as bad yet doesn't have any evidence to back up their blind assumptions. Two other users in this topic also used the "bad player" assumption.
---
With this blow....I shall seal your fate!!!
"Yukimura Sanada"
#35darren19822000Posted 3/17/2013 2:06:05 PM
so many randoms in here...complaining about something that makes halo different form everything else. most people who dont like the rush for power weapons are the ones who never get them. they are either too slow at the start, dont know what a timer is, or are super unlucky.
---
gt darren reefnugs
#36MikailinPosted 3/17/2013 2:15:07 PM
Killean_Nuggets posted...
I like how the vast majority of the people in topics such as this one are god awful, and have somehow convinced themselves that their opinions are in any way relevant.

I like when people say things like this especially when they slang "relevant/irrelevant" in. So....explain how people are "god awful". Not with what you think based on your assumptions and experiences. You say it like it's a fact, so lay down some facts. Someone else said this same thing and never replied to me when i asked.

On topic though, yeah those type of guys are annoying. But thanks to them, it makes the game a little fun. Stopping their kill frenzy with an assassination increases your chance for hate mail, especially if they're those type of guys who think they're the guru of the game because they've been playing since day 1 and rarely gets killed a lot.
#37darren19822000Posted 3/17/2013 2:27:02 PM
Mikailin posted...
I like how the vast majority of the people in topics such as this one are god awful, and have somehow convinced themselves that their opinions are in any way relevant.

I like when people say things like this especially when they slang "relevant/irrelevant" in. So....explain how people are "god awful". Not with what you think based on your assumptions and experiences. You say it like it's a fact, so lay down some facts. Someone else said this same thing and never replied to me when i asked.

On topic though, yeah those type of guys are annoying. But thanks to them, it makes the game a little fun. Stopping their kill frenzy with an assassination increases your chance for hate mail, especially if they're those type of guys who think they're the guru of the game because they've been playing since day 1 and rarely gets killed a lot.

god awful...meaing terrible stats and just a bad player. stats dont mean everything but when your k/d is below 1 your bad. sad to say it but its true. there are other areas to look at besdies kd but i dont think i need to go any further..you should get the idea
---
gt darren reefnugs
#38JFKandLBJPosted 3/17/2013 7:12:37 PM
Mikailin posted...

Hey! Don't you dare talk to Blite that way. He has a 50 HTR, which according to the rules of the H4GB means he is better than you and and could in all actuality beat you up in real life too. He is also entitled to talk down to the rest of us like trash.

Know your role, jebroni. Know your role.
#39darkharePosted 3/17/2013 7:38:43 PM
Kamickas posted...
darkhare posted...
balmung2100 posted...
The players who strictly relies on incineration cannon, rocket launcher, fuel rod cannon and rail guns for their kills. Also includes the ones who goes straight for the sniper rifle, sits back with camo and picks off players who are in combat with other players. When encountered during that moment where they either just ran out of ammo or reloading, they sprint away in hopes that another team member is near by so they can double team you. In my experience, I've been running into almost nothing but this. I'm all for getting it how you get it, but i'm starting to see a big increase in this type of tactic to the point where i'm thinking "man can they even kill without power weapons?". Sometimes i get satisfied when i'm killed with a boltshot, battle rifle or something like that lol.

i try as hard as possible to never get into a "fair fight", cause fair fights mean the other person might win. i do every single thing you mentioned above, as well as i have my own little tricks, i dont give a damn if you like it or not.

You're my hero...this is how you play competitively.

People need to understand that you don't play a competitive match to fight fairly. If someone is absolute garbage with DMR/BR/LRs and other starting weapons, but can consistently get +15-+20 K/Ds via power weapons, then they're not "bad at the game". They recognize their weaknesses, and are playing to their strengths so they don't drag down their whole team. Now, as always...there are exceptions to everything. I'm not saying every case is like this, but I imagine a good 70% of the time people claim camping or no-skill is just because they're mad at dying/losing.

I'm decent at mid-range combat with the DMR/BR/LR on most occasions, but it's not my strength....especially on open maps, like Ragnarok. So, i'm certainly not going to limit my effectiveness by focusing on mid-range combat out in the open just to appear more "pro". No, on Ragnarok I camo-snipe. I avoid close confrontation and open areas. In my opinion, the results are what matters. If my actions result in significant damage to the enemy team with little repercussions to my own, then i'm doing a fantastic job and any comments about how I camp or have no skill are interpreted as being mad at dying by my hands.

In my opinion, if a person is going to go ridiculously negative if they DON'T go for power weapons/camp, then i'd rather they camp. At least then they're contributing to their team. People should play to their strengths and cover their weaknesses...if someone is bad at dmr/br/lr combat, then they damn sure better figure out a way to circumvent that weakness.

lol i appreciate that, id be the first to tell you and anyone else that asks that im not very good at this game but i do indeed know where my strengths are and i try my damndest to play to them. im also not above playing dirty :)
---
BattleTech, FrontLineGeneral,Paintball. only have time for xbla games nowdays.
#40cdemaresPosted 3/17/2013 8:04:39 PM
I see power weapon players rarely and it never bothers me. They can always be countered and usually are pretty fast. The power weapons have so little ammo and are pretty situation-specific.