What's your opinion on "power weapon" players?

#41briman112Posted 3/17/2013 9:09:30 PM
Meh, they're fine
---
I'm probably better than you, sowwy :(
#42Dville_WeezyPosted 3/17/2013 9:14:58 PM
It's much like a street fight versus a boxing match with gentleman's rules- the trained boxer will use his fists on the street, but if not careful, might get walloped over the head by a broken glass bottle by a friend of the person he's fighting. Fighting fair in halo pretty much gimps you from the start- though an intentional gimp can be fun and satisfying when it results in hatemail. (killing bad snipers with a lightrifle, drawing precision weapon users into CQC range and mowing them down with a suppressor, etc.).

Sometimes you can use that power weapon spawn as bait and snipe from afar too.
#43ZheakkPosted 3/19/2013 4:37:30 AM
KageNoSenshi posted...
1. Shows an unwillingness to adapt. Or at least to learn to. By wasting the ammo, you do so to prevent others from using it. This, at least subconsciously, admits that it is possible to be successful with these weapons on these maps. But you choose to not even try.

2. This might be your strongest argument, but it still at its core denies opportunities for yourself as well. When you successfully use all the ammo in your shotgun, you could switch off to the scattershot. If you kill the person with the scattershot while holding a shotgun, you can switch off if they had more ammo. It denies opportunities to yourself, as well as everyone else.

3. Picking up from #2, you should be more concerned with survival, or at least getting the weapon back to your team. Even admitting that your team isn't that good, it certainly doesn't make them "better" to deny them access to power weapons. Though perhaps it may be wise to be selective about which weapons you should leave for your teammates, leaving them with nothing doesn't give them an advantage.

Meh, I'm about done with this.

1. Shows an unwillingness to adapt. You have in thread defended that people should be able to get kills how they want. So I should be forced to pick up the power weapon because it is the "better" weapon? As I said in my point, if I feel the weapons I currently have are better than the one on the ground, why would I switch either of them? At the same time, I freely admit that a power weapon can be successful, which is why I would prevent the other team access to it.

2. This is the same as before. "It denies opportunities to yourself". You seem to be making the assumption that you handicap yourself by not picking up a power weapon, when in reality. They way I get kills typically involves not running away if someone is more than a few feet from me, because I only have a sword and a hammer.

3. This is a good point. From now on instead of using up some ammo so the other team doesn't get a good weapon, I will just stop dying and/or ask the other team to wait until I can give a teammate my weapon, and then let them kill me. I understand you are trying to be argumentative, but most of these points don't really make sense.

Essentially the only point we are actually contested about is why someone would waste ammo rather than give it to a teammate. As I pointed out, that typically would be the ideal situation. You say leaving my teammates nothing doesn't give them an advantage. But leaving them something that they proceed to immediately lose to the other team, who then turn around and kill that very same teammate five times with it, also does not make my teammates any better. Unfortunately there are people who pick up the ball in Grifball and run straight into the four enemy players without waiting for any assistance.

Either way, if 'power weapon' players are going to get all their kills using power weapons, that is fine. Asking people to stop denying them to the other team is like asking people to stop using them in general.
#44You__Know__WhoPosted 3/19/2013 8:31:36 AM
"Dual wield my SMGs...."
---
Go Gators! Booking my flight to Pasadena!
Sheamus >>>
#45metaldiggle2Posted 3/19/2013 8:40:21 AM
There's nothing wrong with using power weapons. However, if you camp with them while using active camo, then you are a full fledged coward. I give negative feedback to every sissy that plays the game in such manner.
---
There are times where I wish I could delete stupid threads I see.
#46BigJohnWV04Posted 3/19/2013 5:49:59 PM
I don't mind them (though they are a pain to fight) but I hate being teamed up with idiots who get them and have no idea how to use them. One match on Exile on the blue side, had some of the most inept players, they even had their damn Gauss Hog stolen. Came across their tank, constantly EMP'ing it, throwing plasmas, trying to get to it to take it out with half their team bearing down on me. The whole time, dumbass with the rocket launcher is trying to snipe someone from across the map with it while the tanks mows me down. -____-
---
"How dare you say that to my face!"
"Well I'd say it behind your back but my car only has half a tank of gas!"
#47Morgoth the EnemyPosted 3/21/2013 12:05:18 PM
LMAO, every time KilleanMcnuggets posts. it makes me laugh at the sheer stupidity of it.
---
Far as humanity goes intelligent life is an oxymoron - xUSDx Reborn
#48ssj3bladePosted 3/21/2013 12:51:41 PM
esqueleto76 posted...
The only power weapon i need is my Ghost. Once i get to that hog, its 20+ kill time.

We are talking about Matchmaking here not SPARTAN OPs silly
---
http://www.imgur.com/gRn0NSE.png
~ ssj3blade ~
#49Killean_NuggetsPosted 3/21/2013 1:22:14 PM
I like when people say things like this especially when they slang "relevant/irrelevant" in. So....explain how people are "god awful". Not with what you think based on your assumptions and experiences. You say it like it's a fact, so lay down some facts. Someone else said this same thing and never replied to me when i asked.

By all means, post your GT to prove my point.

I am upset

ftfy
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#50Kai101xPosted 3/21/2013 4:37:19 PM
Killean_Nuggets posted...
I like when people say things like this especially when they slang "relevant/irrelevant" in. So....explain how people are "god awful". Not with what you think based on your assumptions and experiences. You say it like it's a fact, so lay down some facts. Someone else said this same thing and never replied to me when i asked.

By all means, post your GT to prove my point.

I am upset

ftfy

GT is not a good indication of skill. Too many factors could influence stats. Letting little siblings play around on it a lot, not paying full attention to the game, having some buddies on the opposing team letting you boost, constant lag. Plus for all you know, he may never had visited halo waypoint or whatever the site is that's needed to post the GT.

I had someone here before blindly assume I was a "baddie" because I didn't post my GT. It didn't click in that person's head that not everyone sees a purpose in doing that. I don't even know how to post a GT. Is posting a GT suppose to serve as some sort of validation on this board?