Anyone here getting Silentium on Tuesday?

#1Demigod_ElessarPosted 3/15/2013 10:43:38 PM(edited)
Final Forerunner novel comes out in three days. I have it pre-ordered through Amazon, with release date shipping, so I should have it on Tuesday before 8pm. Hoping to power read through it, as I have been looking forward to it since Primordium's ending (and even more so now after Halo 4).

Apparently Bornstellar has his own Didact title now; instead of being referred to as simply Bornstellar-Didact, he will be the IsoDidact. And then of course the Ur-Didact (who has been confirmed to be the one in Halo 4) is a main character as well. I wonder if they're going to go into further detail about the Halo 4 terminals, in regards to the Librarian's betrayal and his being locked inside of the cryptum? Or if they're going to leave that out, since we already know what happens?

I also wonder how the novel is going to end...? Will they detail the IsoDidact's firing of the Halo arrays? Will they epilogue what happens in the years/centuries after regarding reseeding the galaxy? Also, I hope they address whether or not Bornstellar survived somehow, or if he died in the firing of the Halo's?

Anyways, just seeing if anyone else is as interested in it as I am.

EDIT: Also, I forgot about the present day storyline regarding the 343 Guilty Spark duplication, and his hunt for the "real" Librarian. Wonder if we'll get closure on that, or maybe they will possibly set up some of the storyline for Halo 5 and/or Spartan Ops Season 2?
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar
#2forthnbackPosted 3/15/2013 11:15:02 PM
Like you had to ask :p
---
lizard_cops5771 - carbine should be called the space chugger
Urdnot_Runt - wat . . . . . . . . . [[GT: Burns Like Dawn]]
#3Demigod_Elessar(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 12:18:33 AM
Hahaha, for you, yeah, I figured you'd be getting it.

But as for everyone else, surely there are other lore fans on this board? Maybe not though, it seems very rare that actual story-related events are discussed here.
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar
#4Pyronix337Posted 3/16/2013 12:28:29 AM
Nah, I'm only about halfway through Cryptum. But then I switched over to Glasslands because I just had to know what happened in the micro-Dyson sphere. I'm almost finished, and then I'll probably resume Cryptum and the rest of the trilogy.
#5ODommPosted 3/16/2013 12:59:10 AM
Haha books are kind of for nerds
---
The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist...
~~Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have~~
#6Top ChopPosted 3/16/2013 2:58:49 PM
ODomm posted...

...Wow

Anyways, yes I will be getting it when it comes out. Hopefully it will be less dry than the last
---
True Legends never die
#7enterthemadroxPosted 3/16/2013 5:18:34 PM
Nope, I only care just enough to pay 40 for the game (or more since I got the LE). Dropping more money on books when they could explain these extra things in the games? No thanks.
---
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load of divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington
#8blkshdoPosted 3/16/2013 6:54:58 PM
ODomm posted...

Books based on video games are for nerds.
---
Xbox Live: blkshdo
BF3 Master. Add me and come get some.
#9xXStNerevarXxPosted 3/16/2013 7:11:13 PM
Played all of the games, never going to read the books. Just not interested.
---
Squats and bulking made my pants too tight.
Thanks a lot, now girls can see my small package pressing against the fabric. - ChopSocky
#10PoppadopPosted 3/16/2013 8:08:44 PM
I'm almost done with Contact Harvest, so if I don't get Silentium Tuesday, it may be sometime within the week.

enterthemadrox posted...
Dropping more money on books when they could explain these extra things in the games? No thanks.

There's no way Bungie/343i could fit all the extra story from the books into the games. Not even Mass Effect did that, and it's an RPG.
---
"Today, science fiction - tomorrow, science fact." ~ Isaac Asimov
"What's the point of living if you don't believe in anything?" ~ Me