How to fix personal ordinance drops...

#1DvoloS88Posted 3/16/2013 4:39:57 PM
let me start off by saying if you flat out hate them and prefer the old power weapon method GO PLAY THE OLD HALOS. That method was great and defined halos mp but im sorry it was getting old and annoying because one team would essentially always have the upper hand. Now on topic, THEY ARE TO RANDOM just recently ive been coming across enemies getting the binary rifle and fuel rod even the damn inc cannon within the first 3 minutes of bt slayer games. NO BODIES first ordinance no matter how good or bad they are doing should be the easiest and most powerful weapons. At the same time the randomness screws you and will give you the same 2 crappy ordinances back to back. They need to be prioritized plain and simple, something 343 can do over night for the love of god.
#2darren19822000Posted 3/16/2013 5:05:38 PM
since i started using the spec that lets you change the ord. i havent had as much of an issue with it. still think they should teir them. first ord. will never have rockets or snipes, second one will always have rockects, snipes, inc cannon.
---
gt darren reefnugs
#3N3xtG3nGam3rPosted 3/17/2013 7:37:38 PM
Just let me start off by saying:....walloftext.

My bad, let me try again....

Just let me start off by saying: -ahem-(clears throat)....

NOOOOOOOOOOO. TL;DR
---
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 | 4GB DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia EVGA GTX 470 1.2GB GDDr5
#4TheBeastWithinPosted 3/17/2013 7:48:48 PM
The way to fix ordinance drops is to elect representatives who will stop proposing them
---
Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
#5heliumheadPosted 3/17/2013 10:36:40 PM
Had an idea for how to fix ordinance drops. Then I realized I subconsciously stole it from another game. Star Wars or somethin'.
---
GT: OMGWTHITS
#6Nellas_BabyPosted 3/17/2013 11:00:15 PM
DvoloS88 posted...
let me start off by saying if you flat out hate them and prefer the old power weapon method GO PLAY THE OLD HALOS. That method was great and defined halos mp but im sorry it was getting old and annoying because one team would essentially always have the upper hand. Now on topic, THEY ARE TO RANDOM

The old way was not too random; in any case, multiplayer is more randomized in Halo 4. That much is a fact. It took skill to battle for the power weapons in the original trilogy. I'm sorry you had none and I know losing all the time must have sucked.
#7darkharePosted 3/18/2013 1:51:38 AM
DvoloS88 posted...
Now on topic, THEY ARE TO RANDOM just recently ive been coming across enemies getting the binary rifle and fuel rod even the damn inc cannon within the first 3 minutes of bt slayer games. NO BODIES first ordinance no matter how good or bad they are doing should be the easiest and most powerful weapons. At the same time the randomness screws you and will give you the same 2 crappy ordinances back to back. They need to be prioritized plain and simple, something 343 can do over night for the love of god.

these weapons dont make you invincible, ive taken out and been taken out many times while using the rail gun, binary rifle or incenerator cannon. people that get these weapons might get the jump on the first 2 or 3 enemies they run across but then the other team adjusts and the person running around with the power weapon usually gets killed. the same thing can be said about people jumping into, and using vehicles..

im really not seeing much of a problem with this, and it sounds to me that your not so much upset about personal ordnance drops as a gameplay mechanic but your upset that you feel that you always get crappy drops while everyone else is getting what you consider to be good drops and if thats the case then your just suffering from a case of the butt-hurts.
---
BattleTech, FrontLineGeneral,Paintball. only have time for xbla games nowdays.
#8That1GuyyPosted 3/18/2013 8:49:34 AM
DvoloS88 posted...
let me start off by saying if you flat out hate them and prefer the old power weapon method GO PLAY THE OLD HALOS.

Somehow I'm under the impression you would get mad if someone told you to go play the old ones if a favorite series of yours completely changed its features in a new installment. It's perfectly acceptable to still want the same thing but in an updated fashion rather than something completely new. This is less of an argument and more off you saying, "stop liking what I don't like."

That method was great and defined halos mp but im sorry it was getting old and annoying because one team would essentially always have the upper hand.

Assuming equal skill between teams (which is why the ranking system existed in the first place), there is only an upper hand to be had when you control a power weapon (or a power position). To gain the advantage, you have to use the power weapon. Using the weapon uses its ammo. Last I checked, power weapons don't have enough ammo to sustain continuous use long enough for you to still have ammo when the weapon respawns. Which means that when you run out of ammo, your advantage is gone until you get the new weapon. Since your advantage is gone by then, both teams again have equal opportunity to get the new power weapon. Which means no team will "always" have the upper hand.

You can't have your cake and eat it to, and the original trilogy was balanced around that concept. If you don't have an even basic grasp of how competitive Halo works, you shouldn't act like you do.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#9Spoke_WreckerPosted 3/18/2013 9:09:38 AM
That method was great and defined halos mp but im sorry it was getting old and annoying because one team would essentially always have the upper hand.

Seems like someone couldn't...

ADAPT
---
What do I look like Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
THIZZ IZ WHAT IT IZ -- GT: Spidux
#10Swordsman23Posted 3/18/2013 10:45:39 AM
The only way to fix them is to not have them.

I personally don't mind them however. If you kill people, you get weapons. Seems cool to me, one of my largest problems, mainly on the larger maps is that there was no team rocket to defend from worthog/tank pins.