Do you think Bungie approves of where 343 took Halo 4?

#1Nellas_BabyPosted 3/17/2013 1:48:02 PM
I don't think so.
#2jpraelsterPosted 3/17/2013 1:49:41 PM
I dont see how it matters they sold their rights to halo so they may have created it but at this point it doesnt matter what they think anymore
#3Nellas_Baby(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 1:52:44 PM
jpraelster posted...
I dont see how it matters they sold their rights to halo so they may have created it but at this point it doesnt matter what they think anymore

Was I implying it matters? No.

Just answer the damn question.
#4darren19822000Posted 3/17/2013 2:00:42 PM
they probably dont even notice they are so busy on their own game
---
gt darren reefnugs
#5enterthemadroxPosted 3/17/2013 2:01:38 PM
Yes they do or they wouldn't have let them continue the franchise.

In all honesty, I like 343's Halo more than the Bungie Halos. This one seems more fun and the commendation thing has kept me playing to try and earn them while before, I'd play, not be very good due to lack of time playing the games and not playing FPS games since Goldeneye 007 and Duke Nukem 64 (regularly that is because I played COD 2 on release and hated it and haven't played a COD since) and not return to the game.

Especially with that stupid visible rank thing. With that, I'd lose to people who played the game 24/7 religiously, find myself de-ranking due to the loss and the desire to continue playing disappeared because Bungie seemed to cater more towards the no-lifers who put every second of every day into playing the game than those of us who prefer fun.

So yeah, good job 343 and thanks for making the Halo games accessible and fun.

I roped my brother and cousin into playing for the first time since Crimson released last night and we had hours of enjoyment until we got to the time of day where US gamers are online and decided to quit playing for the night because of the cheating and glitching going on.
---
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load of divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington
#6jpraelsterPosted 3/17/2013 2:08:37 PM
enterthemadrox posted...

In all honesty, I like 343's Halo more than the Bungie Halos. This one seems more fun and the commendation thing has kept me playing to try and earn them while before, I'd play, not be very good due to lack of time playing the games and not playing FPS games since Goldeneye 007 and Duke Nukem 64 (regularly that is because I played COD 2 on release and hated it and haven't played a COD since) and not return to the game.

Especially with that stupid visible rank thing. With that, I'd lose to people who played the game 24/7 religiously, find myself de-ranking due to the loss and the desire to continue playing disappeared because Bungie seemed to cater more towards the no-lifers who put every second of every day into playing the game than those of us who prefer fun.

I roped my brother and cousin into playing for the first time since Crimson released last night and we had hours of enjoyment until we got to the time of day where US gamers are online and decided to quit playing for the night because of the cheating and glitching going on.

They cant stop them from continuing it they have no rights to it
#7darren19822000Posted 3/17/2013 2:24:53 PM
enterthemadrox posted...

its people like you that they made this game for...and look how little people play it. all the casual players that didnt want to take the time ot learn the game have already left this one as well. now the people who actually play have to be stuck with the crap they added/removed for the casual player. i know they want to keep the "baddies" interested but why dumb down your game for people who wont be playing it after a month or two.

as for a visible rank...if your bad you wont get matched with 24/7ers. they would be way ahead of you rank wise and wouldnt be matched with you.
---
gt darren reefnugs
#8bd0g5Posted 3/17/2013 2:28:34 PM

Still clueless I see.
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#9That1GuyyPosted 3/17/2013 2:29:43 PM
enterthemadrox posted...

Considering Microsoft has complete control over Halo, I'd say Bungie has zero control over whether 343 is allowed to continue the franchise. It's evident that at the time Bungie fully agreed with the decision to let 343 make Halo, but over time 343 is going to make their own Halo, and it will not be at all the Halo Bungie would have made. Of course, Bungie won't care, because they left Halo for a reason.

With the ranking system, if you aren't good, you play with people that are equally not good, so that makes no sense unless you got to a rank, took a break, and suffered a large decrease in skill because of it.

So you got mad that the game made an effort to match you only with people of equal skill to you by deranking you when it was clear you were in over your head? Your previous paragraph was entirely about how you aren't good enough to play competitively any more, but this one you're lamenting how the game tried to accommodate you for it? What? And the social playlists existed for a reason.

343 made the game more accessible by increasing the chance that a bad player will be matched with a significantly better player?

Glitching and cheating? I doubt you've seen very many cheaters if at all.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#10PurlinnWarclubPosted 3/17/2013 2:32:14 PM
I am bungie employee and no.
---
'Then' = a point in time. 'Than' = a comparison of something. You gon' get it right or what son?