What's your opinion on "Slayer ONLY" players in Objective games?

#1JessicaJungxoPosted 3/18/2013 6:28:48 AM
Do you feel you should have at least one player to only focus on killing the other team to put constant pressure on them? If not, to what capacity?

By "Slayer ONLY" I mean they go for kills rather to get the flag/objective.

For example, on Ragnorak CTF, Player A kills everyone in Team B's Base. Player A doesn't pick up the flag, but stays in the area picking off any respawning Team B while his team mates get the flag (obviously he scores if the flag is a few feet from the capture point)

For example, on Oddball, When the ball is up for grabs, Player A does not go for the ball but instead kills anyone on the other team trying to get the ball. (obviously if there's 1-3 seconds to get to win, Player A will hold the ball)

For example, on KotH, When the hill is up for grabs, Player A does not go for the hill but instead kills anyone on the other team trying to get the hill. (obviously if there's 1-3 seconds to get to win, Player A will hold the hill)
---
PSN: Rutgers Student XBL: Jessica Jung xo
Now playing Demon's Souls! (at this rate, forever)
#2SunDevil77Posted 3/18/2013 6:31:01 AM
If there's one? That's cool with me. The problem is...whenever you play with randoms EVERYONE is a lone wolf slayer.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#3Killean_NuggetsPosted 3/18/2013 6:34:50 AM
http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/v/32397_489278434450894_1248092028_n.jpg?oh=0225f3abfd3b2b780030117036c984e3&oe=514970F9&__gda__=1363781064_ff5ee75a53892167fc623e0af9745687
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#4JessicaJungxo(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 6:38:45 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
If there's one? That's cool with me. The problem is...whenever you play with randoms EVERYONE is a lone wolf slayer.

idk, when I play CTF, seems like whoever rushes the sniper in the beginning is that lone wolf guy, everyone else is objective minded.......
---
#5SaikredPosted 3/18/2013 7:02:39 AM
If you're not helping with the objective, you're a wasted player.

Killing to thin the enemy and give your team an easier time is different to playing "slayer" in objective.

If you're one of those people, I'm happy to betray you and then focus on dropping your shield for the entire match so you're one shot.
---
Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live or die on this day... Live or die on this day
#6MoeLester518Posted 3/18/2013 7:02:57 AM
Depends. If it's just a guy lone wolfing it then he has to be amazing to be useful. If that player knows when to push and when to defend the flag then I see no problem.
---
GT: Myneegrows518
PSN: moelester518
#7lderivedxPosted 3/18/2013 7:08:05 AM
Assuming he does his job right, he's certainly not worse than someone who does nothing but play the objective and gets very few kills.
---
I've been known to write some pretty good stuff from time to time. Just ask the mods. They probably know me like a brother by now. -MIxeD
#8Spoke_WreckerPosted 3/18/2013 7:42:11 AM
From: JessicaJungxo | Posted: 3/18/2013 7:38:45 AM | #004
SunDevil77 posted...

idk, when I play CTF, seems like whoever rushes the sniper in the beginning is that lone wolf guy, everyone else is objective minded.......

To be fair, the sniper shouldn't be going for the flag, he should be back up.

I usually slay in those gametypes, but I do it in a way that helps my team (covering the flag runner, killing enemy flag runners, etc). However if I can grab the flag and move it a good way to our base or even score it of course I'm going for that. Winning is more important than K/D.
---
What do I look like Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
THIZZ IZ WHAT IT IZ -- GT: Spidux
#9darren19822000Posted 3/18/2013 8:13:31 AM
so instead you want guys who rush the obj. and die over and over? i dont mind them as long as they keep slaying and protecting me as a run the flag. now if hes just boosting dem stats and not doing any helping then hes annoying. nothign wrong with killing and not wanting to get stuck with the flag/pistol or ball
---
gt darren reefnugs
#10JessicaJungxo(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 8:37:16 AM
darren19822000 posted...
so instead you want guys who rush the obj. and die over and over?

I didn't say anything.....
---