What's your opinion on "Slayer ONLY" players in Objective games?

#11Asherlee10Posted 3/18/2013 9:51:55 AM
lderivedx posted...
Assuming he does his job right, he's certainly not worse than someone who does nothing but play the objective and gets very few kills.

This.

I'd rather have a guy slaughter the time in kills, which allows for others to get the flag or objective, than an entire team rushing the objective to die over and over again.

It isn't an 'either or' type of game. You need both objective-getters and killers.
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
#12enterthemadroxPosted 3/18/2013 12:04:38 PM
Depends on the playlist.

If it's Oddball, I like to have one person holding the ball while other defend him/her. In that case, it's good to have that mindset.

On CTF however, I'd say have at least 2 defending the flag while 2 more rush the enemy flag and the other is there for support. Going Rambo doesn't work there.
---
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load of divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington
#13Seto_RyuPosted 3/18/2013 12:09:21 PM
It's fine, but just remember what the goal of the game is. I've seen too many players just stay in one spot trying to pick off kills and never even glance toward the objective or help their team when the objective is close to the home base.
#14Killean_NuggetsPosted 3/18/2013 3:36:33 PM
On CTF however, I'd say have at least 2 defending the flag while 2 more rush the enemy flag and the other is there for support.

You are clearly a really bad player.
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#15phillyeagles123Posted 3/18/2013 3:52:01 PM
As long as the Slayer is contributing to their teammates going for the Objective, it's fine. Like, if your team is running the flag back to your base, it's okay for someone to focus on killing the other team instead of helping score the flag.

However, if some guy is just sitting in a corner of the map no where near the objective, then that player isn't contributing anything.
---
Best Signature you've ever seen.
#16Blizzard09Posted 3/18/2013 4:49:59 PM
You should always have one guy that ignores getting the objective as he is to try and hold a area of the map (where he can see most of the map) and kill people. His job is kill everything, but also the defender when you run to if you have the flag, he is the guy that tries to kill the other flag carrier. He is the most important guy on the team and needs to be good at what he does as he does not wander aimlessly just killing. He is there for a reason he is the first and last defence, he is the cover guy and the killer.
---
Mods = Kids to young for this board.
#17lderivedxPosted 3/18/2013 7:19:35 PM
My God these topics bring out the worst...
---
I bet you're one of those people who ruin my mainslaying by going -15 so stop saying that other people ruin gaming.-im r awful gt:i derive dx
#18JessicaJungxo(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 5:37:46 AM
Blizzard09 posted...
You should always have one guy that ignores getting the objective as he is to try and hold a area of the map (where he can see most of the map) and kill people. His job is kill everything, but also the defender when you run to if you have the flag, he is the guy that tries to kill the other flag carrier. He is the most important guy on the team and needs to be good at what he does as he does not wander aimlessly just killing. He is there for a reason he is the first and last defence, he is the cover guy and the killer.

IMO everyone should kill and control the map, once the other team is completely dead then go for the flag, or once the other team is constantly under fire and can't regroup then use a vehicle like a warthog to quickly grab the flag.

I don't believe in defending the flag at the base, I think it's better to hold the middle of the map so you can control who goes through the middle.
---
PSN: Rutgers Student XBL: Jessica Jung xo
Now playing Demon's Souls! (at this rate, forever)
#19SrgtStalkerPosted 3/19/2013 7:13:05 PM
I feel like extraction is the only objective like game that everyone actually participates in.
---
Yeah I'm a stalker what about it?
#20SrgtStalkerPosted 3/19/2013 7:17:27 PM
Does everyone here think by objective he means rushing the flag/capture point/hill? Pretty sure he just means actually having people who help defend the carrier, attack enemy carrier, etc. instead of just running around in circles.
---
Yeah I'm a stalker what about it?