Other than being bad, why is it that I never win one on one against another

#1You__Know__WhoPosted 3/19/2013 10:45:39 AM
player, even when I shoot him first and never miss...and we're both using the DMR.

Like everytime. It's at the point where I don't even fight back anymore if someone gets close to me.
---
Go Gators! Booking my flight to Pasadena!
Sheamus >>>
#2Spoke_WreckerPosted 3/19/2013 10:47:28 AM
I don't even fight back anymore if someone gets close to me.

Wait, what?

o.O'

I don't think 'bad' was the right word to use.

Seriously though, aim for the head and learn to ducknstrafe. Lrn2Halo.
---
What do I look like Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
THIZZ IZ WHAT IT IZ -- GT: Spidux
#3You__Know__Who(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 10:54:35 AM
I was mostly kidding, but I have started trying to just shy away from close range combat.

And I always aim for the head. I probably just don't hit it.

Still always pull out a solid KDR though.
---
Sheamus >>>
#4Demigod_ElessarPosted 3/19/2013 12:41:15 PM
It happens to me sometimes that if I'm going one-on-one with someone, where we both have DMR's, and I even shoot first, connecting every shot to the head, but I'll still die.

The rare instance of that happening I will go into Theater and watch the encounter again, on both sides. It usually confirms that I got off the first shot, connecting the head shots; where he shoots after, mixing head and body shots, yet I'm the one that drops dead.

I have no explanation for it, except maybe lag, but I never have lag problems in my games. So I just think the game occasionally brain farts.
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar
#5SunDevil77Posted 3/19/2013 12:46:14 PM
You__Know__Who posted...
I was mostly kidding, but I have started trying to just shy away from close range combat.

And I always aim for the head. I probably just don't hit it.

Still always pull out a solid KDR though.

Do you feel like you lose control a little bit when you get in close one-on-one encounters?

I know a couple of my buddies get a little over zealous when they're in close combat and lose their aim.
---
175 burgers for $175...this country is winning.
#6bd0g5Posted 3/19/2013 12:52:31 PM
Have you tried strafing? might help a bit
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#7Dville_WeezyPosted 3/19/2013 1:48:16 PM
You're doing the right thing though in playing to your strengths- I don't have problems at medium-long range, but I always get the short end of the stick on long range/BTB range encounters with DMR/Lightrifle battles. CQC is definitely my strongest suit by far, so I try to close the gap some where if I can't use a suppressor *snicker*, I can get the kill with the carbine. It's important to practice your weaker areas though so you get better. My BR/DMR used to absolutely suck, I had a far better time using carbine and magnums, now it's decent where I can go better than 1-1 consistently.

From a CQC player, the biggest thing is gonna be landing that first shot and making it where they don't have a good angle to hose you- DMR at close range is like getting caught with your pants down if you miss that first shot. Doubly so if you're in the middle of an open hall with no cover/escape.
#8sonofkorolPosted 3/19/2013 1:51:13 PM
I'm the opposite. I'm great close range, then get merc'd long range because everyone who plays this game is better than me with a DMR :P
---
>X< Leader of The Dream Team >X<
"A game moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and teabag once in a while, you could miss it."
#9Killean_NuggetsPosted 3/19/2013 1:57:25 PM
I'm the opposite. I'm great close range, then get merc'd long range because everyone who plays this game is better than me with a DMR :P

Believe me, you are pretty awful at everything in this game.
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#10You__Know__Who(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 2:05:06 PM
Anyone wanna get a team together for some Slayer? Bored. =/
---
Sheamus >>>