Halo Silentium SPOILERS!

#1ProdozulPosted 3/19/2013 5:34:49 PM
I haven't actually read the book just went through a forum reading up on the spoilers. What I was able to find out is this:

-Precursors=Flood
-Both Didacts are alive
-There are some Forerunners that survived with the IsoDidact
-The Precursors are incredibly advanced even more than the Forerunners

Assuming all of that is true I have a question to anyone that has read the book or is currently reading the book. What happens to 343 Guilty Spark?
#2darkmaian23Posted 3/21/2013 2:26:14 PM
If you mean what happens to 343 Guilty Spark in modern times following the end of the last book, we still don't know. I think he might end up appearing in Halo 5 unless they are saving the storyline for a later book.

If you have an interest in Halo lore, I recommend that you just read the book. It is full of rich details you can't get from simple forum posts or a list.
#3Demigod_ElessarPosted 3/21/2013 2:31:52 PM(edited)
I am about half way through the book right now, and it is absolutely superb. For the people who actually complain about reading novels, they are fools and have no idea what they're missing.
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar
#4darkmaian23Posted 3/21/2013 8:03:30 PM
Demigod_Elessar posted...
I am about half way through the book right now, and it is absolutely superb. For the people who actually complain about reading novels, they are fools and have no idea what they're missing.

Agreed. The only thing I find strange is the complete and utter lack of Forerunner teleportation in the Greg Bear novels. We know from the games that they had portals and teleportation that could easily reach from a ship to the surface of an installation or planet, but in his books they always use some mechanical means like a landing craft or something.

I wondered while reading all three books whether or not Greg Bear knew teleportation was in the lore while writing.
#5jwhudexnlsPosted 3/21/2013 8:14:19 PM
Who is the isodidact?
#6Demigod_ElessarPosted 3/21/2013 8:32:51 PM
jwhudexnls posted...
Who is the isodidact?

Bornstellar.

Up until now, he was simply referred to as Bornstellar, or Bornstellar-Didact. In Silentium, they finally give him his own title: IsoDidact.
---
#7Demigod_ElessarPosted 3/21/2013 8:36:46 PM
darkmaian23 posted...
I wondered while reading all three books whether or not Greg Bear knew teleportation was in the lore while writing.

I wonder this in regards to a lot of video game novels; did the author know ANYTHING about the series beforehand?

Was this Forerunner series all Greg Bear? Or did 343 Industries guide him through it? Did 343 have any say-so regarding the content written? Could they deny certain events if they didn't like it? Or is the author in 100% control? Etc...
---
#8Prodozul(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 8:46:08 PM
darkmaian23 posted...

I wonder this in regards to a lot of video game novels; did the author know ANYTHING about the series beforehand?

Was this Forerunner series all Greg Bear? Or did 343 Industries guide him through it? Did 343 have any say-so regarding the content written? Could they deny certain events if they didn't like it? Or is the author in 100% control? Etc...

I'm sure 343i was giving him details. I've been hearing a lot of high praise for the book if I wasn't broke I'd get it :P
#9AngelsNAirwav3sPosted 3/21/2013 9:34:21 PM
Cryptum was good, Primordium was very meh, but Silentium was just fantastic.
---
God bless the sad and selfless. Stay helpless. Cause I've always been stronger than that, hold the weight of the world on my back. Love, Selfish Love.
#10darkmaian23Posted 3/22/2013 9:39:29 AM
darkmaian23 posted...

Since Halo is a Microsoft product and Greg Bear was hired to write books for them, I am sure Microsoft had the final say in content. Apparently Halo book authors also get access to the collection of all Halo lore. Greg Bear undoubtedly drew on his experience as a science fiction author to develop the content, but the universe, characters and many events would have been fixed by the story created by 343/Bungie.

I've heard that Greg Bear's son--who is a big Halo fan--also provided some input on the stories. Which leads me again to question why there is no teleportation.