Sprinting adds absolutely nothing to the game.

#1Nellas_BabyPosted 3/19/2013 5:45:39 PM
That point exp system thing also adds nothing to the game.

343 just likes to cater to the generation of casual kiddies.
#2SrgtStalkerPosted 3/19/2013 6:11:03 PM
I thought sprinting added sprinting to the game......
---
Yeah I'm a stalker what about it?
#3MrFish86Posted 3/19/2013 6:18:18 PM
Lets see...

*Returns players to the battle quicker
*Adds a lot more skill/ slide jumps to the game
*Players can escape bad situations if they realize what's going on fast enough
*Bad players that sprint too much will find themselves in situations where they're getting shot first
*Slowing down after getting shot while sprinting, was an effective nerf from Halo Reach's sprint

Honestly, Sprint was implemented really well into Halo 4. The game would feel sluggish without it. Reach it wasn't really all that great because you could just escape any situation, but Halo 4's slowdown system fixed that problem. So yep, sprinting adds a lot more than "nothing" to the game, and I actually like how sprinting was implemented in Halo 4.
#4That1GuyyPosted 3/19/2013 6:24:09 PM
I would rather go without sprint, though. There just needs to be smaller maps to accommodate the lack of sprint.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#5SunDevil77Posted 3/19/2013 6:27:34 PM
SrgtStalker posted...
I thought sprinting added sprinting to the game......

---
175 burgers for $175...this country is winning.
#6iRGushPosted 3/19/2013 6:30:44 PM
Sprint ruins halo 4. A bunch of people who play nothing but btb will probably talk about how its amazing though.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#7Ace_KilljoyPosted 3/19/2013 6:33:40 PM
Players are so impatient. They have to get in on the action now! NOW! NOW!!

Anyway, at first I was really disappointed with the idea of sprinting all over the place. But then I got used to it.
---
Proud member of the Global Defence Force.
http://img.imgcake.com/AlecTrevylan006/AceKilljoyShieldpngyp.png
#8TheBeastWithinPosted 3/19/2013 7:14:08 PM
Can somebody explain to me why sprinting is a bad thing? Can you not aim well enough to shoot a sprinting guy or something?
---
Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
#9TMoney650Posted 3/19/2013 8:05:16 PM
TheBeastWithin posted...
Can somebody explain to me why sprinting is a bad thing? Can you not aim well enough to shoot a sprinting guy or something?

Some people don't like sprint because it allows players who make a bad decision or are on the losing end of a battle to dash for cover and potentially survive, thus slowing down gameplay. Personally, I don't really care, but some people despise anything that isn't true to the original Halo formula.
---
XBL: A Percussionist
#10EmperorLinkXPosted 3/19/2013 8:08:12 PM
I think it was to further cut down on the noob combo. Assassinations cut down a lot, and sprinting allows you to close the gap while chasing someone so you can assassinate them easier
---
Death to Gnomes and Murlocs!