Sprinting adds absolutely nothing to the game.

#21Spoke_WreckerPosted 3/20/2013 11:32:23 AM

__bale posted...
callouts are now completely useless, somebody can get from bottom yellow to bottom purple on simplex in about 3 seconds, no point in ever calling out

That's just one use of a callout. Callouts are also used to inform of enemy location, are they not?

I think the point he's making is that (on certain maps) by the time you call out where the enemy is and your team adjusts accordingly your enemy is no longer there (and could be in any number of places at that point).
---
What do I look like Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
THIZZ IZ WHAT IT IZ -- GT: Spidux
#22darren19822000Posted 3/20/2013 2:28:28 PM
all i hear is waaah waaah waaaah.

sprint is fine. would i be happy without it? sure. does it bother me that its in? no.

i would so much rather have sprint and have them REMOVE camo...or make it a ord. choice.
---
gt darren reefnugs
#23enterthemadroxPosted 3/20/2013 2:34:02 PM
MrFish86 posted...
Lets see...

*Returns players to the battle quicker
*Adds a lot more skill/ slide jumps to the game
*Players can escape bad situations if they realize what's going on fast enough
*Bad players that sprint too much will find themselves in situations where they're getting shot first
*Slowing down after getting shot while sprinting, was an effective nerf from Halo Reach's sprint

Honestly, Sprint was implemented really well into Halo 4. The game would feel sluggish without it. Reach it wasn't really all that great because you could just escape any situation, but Halo 4's slowdown system fixed that problem. So yep, sprinting adds a lot more than "nothing" to the game, and I actually like how sprinting was implemented in Halo 4.

Explained very well but dude, this guy seems to be a troll account so it could've been a wasted effort trying to explain to people like TC.
---
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load of divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington
#24__balePosted 3/21/2013 3:17:31 PM
darren19822000 posted...
all i hear is waaah waaah waaaah.

sprint is fine. would i be happy without it? sure. does it bother me that its in? no.

i would so much rather have sprint and have them REMOVE camo...or make it a ord. choice.

yeah darren you're really good at halo so your opinion totally matters
---
wow strafing tryhards, i always stand still so the bullets can hit me. Whenever someone trys to dodge my shots i know they're a virgin LMAO
#25XCubeStationPosted 3/21/2013 4:00:44 PM
sprinting is useful for getting back to that sweet weapon you dropped when you died before it despawns
---
:o
#26iRGushPosted 3/21/2013 4:18:54 PM
XCubeStation posted...
sprinting is useful for getting back to that sweet weapon you dropped when you died before it despawns

or they could make the maps small again and have weapons despawn in 1 minute instead of 7 seconds

or would that make too much sense?
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#27Spoke_WreckerPosted 3/21/2013 6:45:25 PM

Even with sprint it's still near impossible since they made weapons despawn nearly instantly.
---
What do I look like Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
THIZZ IZ WHAT IT IZ -- GT: Spidux
#28Killean_NuggetsPosted 3/21/2013 7:47:13 PM
Sprinting was well implemented in H4.....
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#29darealest47Posted 3/21/2013 9:07:46 PM
Even though I'm still pissed at the way 343i handled this game the sprint doesn't really hurt the game.
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#30Johnny_Jon_117Posted 3/21/2013 9:11:13 PM
Nellas_Baby posted...
That point exp system thing also adds nothing to the game.

343 just likes to cater to the generation of casual kiddies.

---
"There must be simplified explanations of nature, because God is not capricious or arbitrary. No such faith comforts the software engineer." -Einstein