Silentium

#1SrgtStalkerPosted 3/19/2013 7:09:24 PM
So who else picked up? And for those of you who have started reading it, is it another slow start, or does it jump right into things, good so far? Also, no spoilers please.
---
Yeah I'm a stalker what about it?
#2Demigod_ElessarPosted 3/20/2013 12:07:55 AM
I got my copy early in the day, but due to work I couldn't start reading it until just a few hours ago. The opening already introduces at least two (or three) "new" characters, and it seems like the layout of the book details the different perspectives of both Didacts, the Librarian, Faber, Guilty Spark, and the new character known as the "Catalog". These perspectives seem to be all put together to detail what happens in the final years of the Forerunners.

I am already up to String 5 or 6, and may call it a night soon. As much as I would love to just read it all the way through, I want to try and spread it out over the next several days.
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar
#3darkmaian23Posted 3/21/2013 2:34:41 PM
I loved the book from start to finish. There were a few slow spots, but otherwise I think it's the best Halo book ever written.
#4AngelsNAirwav3sPosted 3/21/2013 9:41:57 PM
darkmaian23 posted...
I loved the book from start to finish. There were a few slow spots, but otherwise I think it's the best Halo book ever written.

I agree with this. Cryptum was pretty good, Primordium was pretty bad, but Silentium was incredible. There is no slow start, it starts off with the Librarian, Bornstellar, and UrDidact. With Primordium most of the book I spent just wondering where the heck the story was going, not really interested till the end, while Silentium is fast paced, I could not put the book down.
---
God bless the sad and selfless. Stay helpless. Cause I've always been stronger than that, hold the weight of the world on my back. Love, Selfish Love.