What good is the Carbine compared to the BR and DMR?

#1JessicaJungxoPosted 3/20/2013 7:37:35 AM
thanks. I mostly play Double Team Pro with the BR, any advantages with the Carbine? Do you really need to practice with it to master it?
---
PSN: Rutgers Student XBL: Jessica Jung xo
Now playing Demon's Souls! (at this rate, forever)
#2SaikredPosted 3/20/2013 8:03:53 AM
I'd say yes in a way. You can fire it faster of course, but it does take more shots than both DMR and BR to kill with, so you have to be more consistently accurate with it.

If you're even half good though you shouldn't have a problem using it.
---
Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live or die on this day... Live or die on this day
#3TwinmoldPosted 3/20/2013 8:06:38 AM
*Sits outside carbine range with DMR*

There's your problem right there.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#4JessicaJungxo(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 8:11:42 AM
yeah I just saw an earlier topic on gfaqs about how much quicker the DMR can kill compared to the Carbine, I just don't get the advantage of having a Carbine.... I mean, in Halo Reach I was just spanking people with the Needle Rifle
---
#5Spoke_WreckerPosted 3/20/2013 8:24:55 AM
The H3 Carbine and the Reach Needle Rifle were pretty stellar weapons (in fact a lot of people preferred the H3 carbine to the H3 BR). The carbine is this game is alright, definitely has an awesome RoF, but the damage is 'meh'. It's pretty much the worst of the rifles in this game:

DMR: Great all around weapon
BR: Potentially faster kills than the DMR at mid range
LR: 4sk when scoped

Then there's the Carbine, which has a faster RoF than everything else (rifle wise), yet is so underpowered it still has the slowest kill times of the rifles.
---
What do I look like Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
THIZZ IZ WHAT IT IZ -- GT: Spidux
#6JessicaJungxo(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 8:30:00 AM
Spoke_Wrecker posted...

BR: Potentially faster kills than the DMR at mid range

How do you suppose it kills faster in mid range, I googled weapons stats and saw that the DMR and BR both kills within 1.6 seconds.*

*http://www.2old2play.com/forum/divisions/halo-series/halo-4-br-vs-dmr-vs-carbine-vs-light-rifle-nexy-details-killing-times-49
---
#7Spoke_WreckerPosted 3/20/2013 8:32:58 AM
Pretty sure when you land one of the random 4sk's with the BR it's faster than a 5sk from a DMR. The problem? It's completely random.
---
#8JessicaJungxo(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 8:35:14 AM
Spoke_Wrecker posted...
Pretty sure when you land one of the random 4sk's with the BR it's faster than a 5sk from a DMR. The problem? It's completely random.

does it get less random (i.e. more accurate) at closer rage?
---
#9Spoke_WreckerPosted 3/20/2013 8:48:00 AM
I can't find the video right now but it was two people on adrift. One person was killing the other person with the BR at different ranges, 20 kills per range. At certain ranges the probability of getting a 4sk was almost 0 where as at other ranges (like close-mid, ~20 meters) it was more probable that getting a 5sk. When he added it all up and got the average it was something like 4/10 times you will get a 4sk at random ranges.
---
#10Spoke_WreckerPosted 3/20/2013 8:49:06 AM
And I believe (as it's been like a month or two since I saw the video) these 4sk's were 12 bullets, too, not a 13 bullet kill.
---