What good is the Carbine compared to the BR and DMR?

#11XCubeStationPosted 3/20/2013 10:08:18 AM
if they gave carbine the ability to descope, it would be pretty awesome
---
:o
#12That1GuyyPosted 3/20/2013 10:15:48 AM
Spoke_Wrecker posted...
Pretty sure when you land one of the random 4sk's with the BR it's faster than a 5sk from a DMR. The problem? It's completely random.

Gush and I already told you. If you saw a video on Youtube where the BR had a 4-shot kill, it was because the uploader was playing a custom game where the damage modifiers were changed. The BR is a 4-shot with 110% damage settings.

The BR will never get a 4-shot in regular matchmaking. Ever.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#13Spoke_WreckerPosted 3/20/2013 10:29:20 AM
Spoke_Wrecker posted...
Pretty sure when you land one of the random 4sk's with the BR it's faster than a 5sk from a DMR. The problem? It's completely random.

Gush and I already told you. If you saw a video on Youtube where the BR had a 4-shot kill, it was because the uploader was playing a custom game where the damage modifiers were changed. The BR is a 4-shot with 110% damage settings.

The BR will never get a 4-shot in regular matchmaking. Ever.

See I never saw your post. I just remember Gush posted this video a month or two ago, and really that was the last thing I ever remember about the subject. I never really investigated the material much myself, after all.
---
What do I look like Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
THIZZ IZ WHAT IT IZ -- GT: Spidux
#14ZheakkPosted 3/20/2013 10:58:37 AM
I find the carbine just as good as the other two rifles in most situations. It's faster fire rate makes it better for headshots in my opinion, as someone who is a good shot could potentially get two kills on unshielded opponents as someone who is using a DMR. This makes it good to use in conjunction with things like pulse grenades or when playing with a team that is good at working together. It is also a nice gun for free-for-all game types because of the faster fire rate. Additionally, it seems to be good for throwing off people's aim (particularly people who are scoped) as more hits ends up jostling their crosshairs more often.
#15JessicaJungxo(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 11:01:21 AM
Zheakk posted...
I find the carbine just as good as the other two rifles in most situations. It's faster fire rate makes it better for headshots in my opinion, as someone who is a good shot could potentially get two kills on unshielded opponents as someone who is using a DMR. This makes it good to use in conjunction with things like pulse grenades or when playing with a team that is good at working together. It is also a nice gun for free-for-all game types because of the faster fire rate. Additionally, it seems to be good for throwing off people's aim (particularly people who are scoped) as more hits ends up jostling their crosshairs more often.

sounds interesting, so it's worse for putting down shields, but better for "finishing off" people? I guess it'd be more used as a support weapon to pick weakened people off? Might try this in Double Team Pro....
---
PSN: Rutgers Student XBL: Jessica Jung xo
Now playing Demon's Souls! (at this rate, forever)
#16Spoke_WreckerPosted 3/20/2013 11:05:47 AM
It's definitely a good way to get assists or pick up left overs
---
What do I look like Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
THIZZ IZ WHAT IT IZ -- GT: Spidux
#17Cereal4youPosted 3/20/2013 11:31:13 AM
<3 the carbine.
#18TwinmoldPosted 3/20/2013 12:16:32 PM
It's faster fire rate makes it better for headshots in my opinion

DMR can one shot at much longer ranges. BR has burst fire which makes headshots substantially easier.

This makes it good to use in conjunction with things like pulse grenades

Nothing works with pulse grenades, because pulse grenades don't work.

It is also a nice gun for free-for-all game types because of the faster fire rate.

Fire rate means nothing. The distance between any two oneshots is always going to be a longer duration of time than any rifle's firing cap.

Additionally, it seems to be good for throwing off people's aim (particularly people who are scoped) as more hits ends up jostling their crosshairs more often.

BR has the highest scope disturbance.

I'm a big fan of the carbine from Halo 3, but Halo 4's is a smear on the name.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#19iRGushPosted 3/20/2013 12:23:53 PM
JessicaJungxo posted...
Spoke_Wrecker posted...

BR: Potentially faster kills than the DMR at mid range

How do you suppose it kills faster in mid range, I googled weapons stats and saw that the DMR and BR both kills within 1.6 seconds.*

*http://www.2old2play.com/forum/divisions/halo-series/halo-4-br-vs-dmr-vs-carbine-vs-light-rifle-nexy-details-killing-times-49

Those were done pre-release and are completely outdated. The DMR is around 1.46 and the BR is 1.73 iirc
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#20ZheakkPosted 3/20/2013 2:32:36 PM
Twinmold posted...

DMR can one shot at much longer ranges. BR has burst fire which makes headshots substantially easier.

A headshot is a headshot at any range, but I agree that the DMR is easier to hit with long distance. On a single shot you're odds are slightly better with a BR, however if you miss your first burst, or wish to shoot someone else after your first headshot connects, then as I said earlier, you will have to wait longer for your next shot

Nothing works with pulse grenades, because pulse grenades don't work.

Really? Seem fine to me, much harder to dodge than frags and stickies due to their short fuses.

Fire rate means nothing. The distance between any two oneshots is always going to be a longer duration of time than any rifle's firing cap.

Turn your look sensitivity off of 2 and you can cover quite a large area between two shots. Also, sometimes people are close together, go figure.

BR has the highest scope disturbance.

Per shot sure, but you also (again) have more downtime between shots for the person to adjust, just like I would rather have a BR for scope disturbance than a sniper rifle, even though the sniper rifle's is higher.

Anyways, as I said, they all have their situations. The DMR is going to work out better on a larger map or if you tend to sit back and provide support from a longer range. The carbine is closer to a BR, but due to it's faster fire rate and larger clip size tends to have a stronger multikill potential. I do think that is probably the hardest to use for people who are newer to the game, especially if they struggle with headshots.