Remember when people said having no ranking system wouldn't hurt the games life?

#1Help_OnePosted 3/21/2013 2:27:28 PM
Where are those guys now? The game is on its last limbs a whopping 4 months from launch. Pathetic.
---
# of people who have said "Hi help1!" to me on Gamefaqs: 7
Last person to say hi: Alex_Sage and Azrael0206
#2enterthemadroxPosted 3/21/2013 2:38:11 PM
I don't call having thousands of people online every day "on its last legs".
---
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load of divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington
#3__balePosted 3/21/2013 2:38:57 PM
peaked at 39k yesterday
---
wow strafing tryhards, i always stand still so the bullets can hit me. Whenever someone trys to dodge my shots i know they're a virgin LMAO
#4__balePosted 3/21/2013 2:39:43 PM
enterthemadrox posted...

yes thats actually exactly what it means, every other halo had over 100k 2 years after release
---
wow strafing tryhards, i always stand still so the bullets can hit me. Whenever someone trys to dodge my shots i know they're a virgin LMAO
#5bd0g5Posted 3/21/2013 2:54:28 PM
I still have no clue why they thought it would be a good idea to launch without ranks. This is what happens when you cater to casuals.
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#6T G CidPosted 3/21/2013 3:08:16 PM(edited)
Having ranks makes casual people competitive. Chasing a 50 is what kept me into Halo 3 so long. I logged 4x the amount of games in H3 than I did in Halo Reach and Halo 4.

Reach would have been a fantastic game if it were not for bloom (which was removed thank god) and no ranks.

4 is an even better game IMO. The way sprint was implmented in this game makes it amazing. Now if I only had a 40 next to my name...lulz
---
GT = ChaosIsAPro
#7Relient_DPosted 3/21/2013 3:14:41 PM
__bale posted...
enterthemadrox posted...

yes thats actually exactly what it means, every other halo had over 100k 2 years after release

It also has a lot to do with way more games being out on the market to capture people's attention, and the fact that this is the fourth online multiplayer installment in the main series..
#8iRGushPosted 3/21/2013 3:15:55 PM
Relient_D posted...
__bale posted...
enterthemadrox posted...

It also has a lot to do with way more games being out on the market to capture people's attention, and the fact that this is the fourth online multiplayer installment in the main series..

Black ops 2 (cod #10) says hi
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#9GSPgreasesPosted 3/21/2013 3:29:32 PM
COD wasnt the powerhouse it was back when Halo had 100k for 2 years

COD is the NEW HALO as far as popularity goes
#10Help_One(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 3:48:11 PM
Relient_D posted...
__bale posted...
enterthemadrox posted...

Nope. There have been many CODs. Also Halo 3 four months from release would get about ~200 new topics a day, while this game struggles to get 25. The proof is in the pudding.
---
# of people who have said "Hi help1!" to me on Gamefaqs: 7
Last person to say hi: Alex_Sage and Azrael0206