I must admit...I love Halo....

#11violentdissmayPosted 3/22/2013 8:02:21 PM
moshaspartan2 posted...
halo 4 broke my heart, to be honest, but i cant say it was unexpected. the chaps behind halo have been trying their best to butcher the story and universe ever since halo 3. all this forerunner saga/didact/honestlywhoreallycares nonsense has trampled my passion for the series. i feel as though they made the original trilogy retroactively worse. that halo 4 was, at best, a terribly average shooter doesnt really help.

i really hope that they can recapture the magic with halo 5, but it seems obvious that these people have completely lost touch with the things that made halo so wonderful in the first place.

(the new gears of war is awesome, by the way. really enjoying the co-op.)

Theyve been butchering Halo since 3? What about the awesomeness of ODST? Oh, and 4 being made by different people than the previous Halos, Im not sure how new writers and developers butchered games they didnt work on.
And LOL at the new Gears being good....it wasnt
---
Up with this I will not put! - Bernard Black
#12violentdissmayPosted 3/22/2013 8:08:03 PM
thedeerzord posted...
I can only pray that most of our ruined franchises(Call of Duty,Zelda,Halo,Sonic, etc) will be returned one day to there former glory as best sellers.

Game developers just don't know how to make games like they used to. All of them are ruined.

Sonic Generations had some good parts to it, personally I think the problem is Japanese development, its like they just **** out games because **** you thats why.
I could go on a huge rant about the Sonic game I would make which would partially involve Mecha Sonic and rampancy caused by the chaos emeralds, but this is not the board for that.
---
#13thedeerzordPosted 3/22/2013 8:13:27 PM
violentdissmay posted...
thedeerzord posted...
I can only pray that most of our ruined franchises(Call of Duty,Zelda,Halo,Sonic, etc) will be returned one day to there former glory as best sellers.

Game developers just don't know how to make games like they used to. All of them are ruined.

Sonic Generations had some good parts to it, personally I think the problem is Japanese development, its like they just **** out games because **** you thats why.
I could go on a huge rant about the Sonic game I would make which would partially involve Mecha Sonic and rampancy caused by the chaos emeralds, but this is not the board for that.

Lets go the Wii U board then. Start a huge "Nintendo killed sonic" topic.
---
I WILL DESTROY ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#14briman112Posted 3/22/2013 8:21:12 PM
I still like Halo 3 a lot, so I play that.
---
I'm probably better than you, sowwy :(
#15violentdissmayPosted 3/22/2013 8:24:09 PM
thedeerzord posted...
violentdissmay posted...
thedeerzord posted...

Lets go the Wii U board then. Start a huge "Nintendo killed sonic" topic.

Well Sega killed Sonic, wouldnt Nintendo basically only be guilty of allowing Sonic on their console?
---
#16devil mingyPosted 3/22/2013 8:27:08 PM
^ posted a while. Yes, MP has always been "the in" topics, but it was nice to see people speculating on what could occur. Not much of that here.

Eh, it happens. The problem is that Halo 4 didn't really leave us a lot to work with. We can speculate about the fate of Cortana and the Didact or Halsey or the stalemate between the UNSC and the Covenant, but there's just not a lot to say right now, and the new sources are more concerned with filling in Halo 4's gaps than making anyone excited for Halo 5.

When we get an announcement trailer, speculation will commence again. That's how it was in the Halo 1 lull, as it ended in a very similar matter that didn't leave a lot to discuss. Not as severe, though, as there was at least some speculation on Covenant motives and such to talk about, but the same kind of "this could pretty much go anywhere" feeling until X-02 showed us what Halo 2 would give us.

A story guide is definitely overdue, though, now that silentium and Spartan Ops are out. Somebody should get on that.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#17moshaspartan2Posted 3/23/2013 9:29:05 AM
Gears of War Judgement was very good. I thoroughly enjoyed it;)

just played through the aftermath story, having finished the campaign last night. enjoyed the hell out of it, though i couldnt get everyone back together for more 4 player co-op. gears 3 was a great laugh with a full squad.
---
R.I.P Jack-1996-2007
~MK marksman~
#18TheSacredRingPosted 3/23/2013 6:57:32 PM
Have not put in nearly as much time into Halo 4 as I should to properly gauge my opinion on it. And Judgment I still need to pick up, let alone find the time to play it. My family is growing a bit too fast here ;).

Fortunately Ian's birthday and mine are a day apart so we were and will continue to be able to celebrate them separately. Can't believe how much he's grown already.

Got my copy of Tomb Raider yesterday, hopefully should be able to get started on that soon enough.
---
Blarg and Kupo
#19moshaspartan2Posted 3/23/2013 8:12:15 PM
tomb raider was fantastic, pal. certainly kicked the hell out of uncharted. the plot was a bit knackers though. expected better from a pratchett.
---
R.I.P Jack-1996-2007
~MK marksman~
#20JaidabeccaPosted 3/24/2013 10:17:51 AM
TheSacredRing posted...
Got my copy of Tomb Raider yesterday, hopefully should be able to get started on that soon enough.

OMG, you're in for a really good time with the new Tomb Raider. I've been enjoying the hell out of that game for the past week. The single-player alone is worth the full price, imo. And this is coming from someone who could never really get into any of the older TR games.
---
RE4, REmake, HALO 1 & 3, & other videos here v
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jaidabecca