I must admit...I love Halo....

#31moshaspartan2Posted 3/28/2013 12:07:57 PM
i understood what little plot there was just fine, thanks.
---
R.I.P Jack-1996-2007
~MK marksman~
#32That1GuyyPosted 3/28/2013 12:16:57 PM
I remember when I was hoping for a sequel to Mechwarrior 4. Then we got Mechwarrior Online, with no singleplayer at all. I fear for the future of that franchise, because 4's campaign was fun. I mad.

Halo 4's campaign was a snooze. The only campaign I wouldn't play through multiple times.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#33logannhunter(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 10:25:54 PM
I seen an Undead game and my son asked me why I would let him play that and not bioshock? I don't know, zombies don't creep me out like those people trying to kill me with those masks....are they welded to their faces or just put on or what? *shivers*

Got Lego Lord of the Rings...for myself....<.< >.>

loving doing the tango with Garrus:P
---
"Bite me, Garrus. Better yet, bite her. Probably how she likes it." Jack
#34TheSacredRingPosted 3/28/2013 11:25:59 PM
I remember when I was hoping for a sequel to Mechwarrior 4. Then we got Mechwarrior Online, with no singleplayer at all. I fear for the future of that franchise, because 4's campaign was fun. I mad.

You truly have no idea how close this hit to home. I want and need MechWarrior 5 to happen in my lifetime. MechWarrior Online interests me very little, I need a full new game. One of my mainstays since my early childhood back when the original launched in '89.
---
Blarg and Kupo
#35moshaspartan2Posted 3/29/2013 7:40:43 AM
they wear them to mask their hideous deformities, logie.

i think its good for a kid to grow up with titles like bioshock, works of art with voices of their own. gets them thinking. ive always been thankful that i was raised on titles like fallout and deus ex, and never sheltered from the more grisly side of gaming, literature, cinema, etc.
---
R.I.P Jack-1996-2007
~MK marksman~
#36SpikeTheSpaceCowboyPosted 3/29/2013 11:53:54 AM
moshaspartan2 posted...
halo 4 broke my heart, to be honest, but i cant say it was unexpected. the chaps behind halo have been trying their best to butcher the story and universe ever since halo 3. all this forerunner saga/didact/honestlywhoreallycares nonsense has trampled my passion for the series. i feel as though they made the original trilogy retroactively worse. that halo 4 was, at best, a terribly average shooter doesnt really help.

i really hope that they can recapture the magic with halo 5, but it seems obvious that these people have completely lost touch with the things that made halo so wonderful in the first place.

(the new gears of war is awesome, by the way. really enjoying the co-op.)

We've been hearing about the forerunners in the original trilogy and you didn't expect them to be explained or pop up in later games? What else was there to expand on after the discovery of the halos and the ark? You haven't been the least bit curious as to how the flood originally came to be? The story has had a lot of gaps in it up until recently. You act like 343 is just making all this new stuff up out of nowhere. Those gaps are finally being filled in. We are finding out more about the forerunners which also leads to info about the precursors. We are finally being able to understand why 343 guilty spark called MC the "reclaimer" (really MC himself isn't the reclaimer but the human race as a whole is.)

Obviously you liked a story full of terms and references that could only be used for speculation. I myself and many others who have loved the entirety of the halo universe are finally getting the answers we've been waiting for. If you were that worried about the story you'd be like me and other true fans of the story and read the numerous novels that have helped expand and create the true halo universe.

I apologize in advance for lack of some punctuation, I'm still getting used to this xbox chat pad.
---
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Stay smart"
#37That1GuyyPosted 3/29/2013 12:00:58 PM
TheSacredRing posted...
You truly have no idea how close this hit to home. I want and need MechWarrior 5 to happen in my lifetime. MechWarrior Online interests me very little, I need a full new game. One of my mainstays since my early childhood back when the original launched in '89.

I didn't get started with the series until 4, but I love it.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#38logannhunter(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 12:42:01 PM
my husband played MechWarrior and couldn't wait for the next game. I remember my little son sitting on his lap watching the mech, then playing it when he got a bit older. I'm sure both of them would enjoy more of that game.

As to Halo, I thought we already knew where the flood came from. Halo, though, without the Flood wouldn't really be Halo, would it?

Mosha, he plays Fallout, etc, it was just something about Bioshock that really creeped me out......I still have that ps2 game where you capture the ghosts with the camera, didn't get far into that one. Forgot the name....Fatal Frame maybe?
---
"Bite me, Garrus. Better yet, bite her. Probably how she likes it." Jack
#39moshaspartan2Posted 3/29/2013 2:02:12 PM
We've been hearing about the forerunners in the original trilogy and you didn't expect them to be explained or pop up in later games? What else was there to expand on after the discovery of the halos and the ark? You haven't been the least bit curious as to how the flood originally came to be? The story has had a lot of gaps in it up until recently. You act like 343 is just making all this new stuff up out of nowhere. Those gaps are finally being filled in. We are finding out more about the forerunners which also leads to info about the precursors. We are finally being able to understand why 343 guilty spark called MC the "reclaimer" (really MC himself isn't the reclaimer but the human race as a whole is.)

Obviously you liked a story full of terms and references that could only be used for speculation. I myself and many others who have loved the entirety of the halo universe are finally getting the answers we've been waiting for. If you were that worried about the story you'd be like me and other true fans of the story and read the numerous novels that have helped expand and create the true halo universe.

dont give me that "true fan" nonsense. im the one with the UNSC tattoo, for petes sake. clearly you wouldnt know a damn thing about decent storytelling if it bit you on the bell-end, anyway, so look to somebody else for a conversation on the finer points of this new, awful halo fiction.

fatal frame/project zero, logie, depending on where you live. cant blame you for not finishing that one, absolutely terrifying.
---
R.I.P Jack-1996-2007
~MK marksman~
#40SpikeTheSpaceCowboyPosted 3/29/2013 2:26:09 PM
moshaspartan2 posted...

dont give me that "true fan" nonsense. im the one with the UNSC tattoo, for petes sake. clearly you wouldnt know a damn thing about decent storytelling if it bit you on the bell-end, anyway, so look to somebody else for a conversation on the finer points of this new, awful halo fiction.

fatal frame/project zero, logie, depending on where you live. cant blame you for not finishing that one, absolutely terrifying.

In the first part I put in bold is my main point of why the story needed to go in the direction it has.

As you can see in the second part I put in bold, I was just referring to those who HAVE enjoyed the story and universe thus far.

I'm happy you enjoy your tattoo, but your not the only one with a halo tattoo *wink wink*. I agree there are a few plot issues between some of the novels and games but it's to be expected with as many people involved in telling these different parts of the story. For such a large collaboration that's involved with the novels and games I can understand a few missteps, but i respect those that may not share my opinion.

On a side note: Do my opinions come off as aggressive? Because others including you do.
---
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Stay smart"