Halo 4 PAX East Report

#21ledfan90Posted 3/23/2013 9:01:28 AM
iRGush posted...
Rank resets wouldn't be a terrible idea if ranks were visible, it would deter cheaters much better, most competitive games with ranks do it.

Pax has been horrible news thus far.

This 343%
#22MrFish86(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 2:52:47 PM
Okie doke, I'm back from PAX East, but I did not get any more questions answered. I thought I looked for them on the final day, but I just did not see them on the floor. So what I posted is all the info I could get out of them for you guys with the extreme limited amount of time I had to ask them some questions.

To be honest though, I am excited for Forge Island, new forge pieces, the new maps, multi team, and I'm especially excited for the internal (for 343's use only) playlist exclusive weapon balancing sliders! Once I saw what they can do with just a weekly matchmaking update, it made me very happy and optimistic for things to come.

Yea it sucks about not getting new game modes any time soon, no press "X" to pick up the flag, and no possibility to add de-scoping into the game, but we do have a lot of positives here. Hopefully the rank resets are few and far between, I wouldn't mind that.

So this was kind of a non update update, but I just wanted to get this out there so people weren't holding their breath for more questions asked.

PAX RULES!!!!!
#23WillmaticPosted 3/25/2013 3:10:08 PM
I cant believe how much some of you are freaking out over minor things like ranks and descoping. Halo CE was my first shooter and I NEVER noticed descoping and that game didnt have ranks either. 343 is giving us a free new map and are improving weapon balancing, but noone here seemed to notice.

Seriously, you're all a bunch of whiney *****es just move on already!
#24MrFish86(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 3:13:29 PM
oh, the only mini tid bit of info I didn't post was that the "on my X" system was fully functional in the new map demos that they had on the floor. The "X" is now White, not red. It basically works the way you would think it would, so definitely look forward to that!
#25Spoke_WreckerPosted 3/25/2013 3:49:44 PM
I heard you and Sundevil were sexing in the motel.
---
What do I look like Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
THIZZ IZ WHAT IT IZ -- GT: Spidux
#26MrFish86(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 4:30:09 PM
I didn't meet anyone from Gamefaqs. HaloCommunity.com, grifball hub, and bigteambattle.net people were there, but no one from Gamefaqs to be found. LAME! :(
#27DiscernPosted 3/25/2013 10:15:06 PM
Is there a date on when the update w the visible X comes ?
---
GT- Discern88
#28SpikeTbearPosted 3/26/2013 3:44:12 AM
It's about time they added in a feature that's been a staple of every other Halo game and that fans fully expect to be there from launch. Now, this thing about de-scoping being impossible seems like bullcrap, because it seems pretty obvious that Halo 4 was based directly off of Reach's engine, and Reach had it.
---
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus
#29Cal873Posted 3/26/2013 9:29:04 AM
iRGush posted...
Rank resets wouldn't be a terrible idea if ranks were visible, it would deter cheaters much better, most competitive games with ranks do it.

Pax has been horrible news thus far.

Why can't every company just use Starcraft 2's ranking system. I have heard zero complaints about how it is handled. Dynamic league placement with leagues that have scheduled resets is the best system. Reach seemed to be going in that direction, but they just did it poorly.
---
Gamertag: LeB1anc
PSN: TheLeBlanc
#30MlCKHEADPosted 3/26/2013 5:26:19 PM
Plan to kidnap and interrogate Kevin Franklin: In progress.
---
GT: Micktory