Why is CSR so important to this board?

#1Bad Ass ChuckyPosted 3/24/2013 6:43:43 AM
I would honestly like to know why CSR is so important to people. Is it something where if you join a lobby with players of lower ranks you'll leave? Or is it a matchmaking tool that won't put players of different rankings together in the same game? Does it help with creating a clan or something? What is it going to provide for you that you don't already have? I mean, how does it help you in game? I'm not trying to be funny. I'm genuinely curious as to why its inclusion in the next title update is such a big deal.
#2DiscernPosted 3/24/2013 6:46:30 AM
E-peen waggling to the filthy diabetic casuals, of course!
---
GT- Discern88
#3MlCKHEADPosted 3/24/2013 6:46:47 AM
CSR is not ingame. And lol @ clans.
---
GT: Micktory
#4MonoSilentDPosted 3/24/2013 8:07:45 AM
A better question would be why do people need csr in the actual game, and not waypoint?
#5ONI GerbilPosted 3/24/2013 8:29:12 AM
I have an answer to that Mono.

Waypoint is frankly a hassle to go look at. Some people just want a straight, quick analysis of who theyre up against. Frankly I don't want to waste time and go back "later" to look at stats. Instead, I'd like a quick analysis right there on the screen to give me a hint (Like their CSR) and if I want to know more it'd be nice to click their profile and get a deeper summary in game.

:)
---
May 16th, 2007 - Remember this day...
Brawl Sucks. Melee ftw. www.smashboards.com
#6True_ScornPosted 3/24/2013 10:31:54 AM
ONI Gerbil posted...

Waypoint is frankly a hassle to go look at. Some people just want a straight, quick analysis of who theyre up against. Frankly I don't want to waste time and go back "later" to look at stats. Instead, I'd like a quick analysis right there on the screen to give me a hint (Like their CSR) and if I want to know more it'd be nice to click their profile and get a deeper summary in game.

Exactly.
---
GT = True Scorn
#7darkharePosted 3/24/2013 10:35:42 AM
ONI Gerbil posted...

i would have thought the opposite actually, ppl complaining about not seeing their rank but finally having the ability too would want to see all the different stats and get a woody over it. that is atleast the impression i get from them on this forum.
---
BattleTech, FrontLineGeneral,Paintball. only have time for xbla games nowdays.
#8True_ScornPosted 3/24/2013 10:40:00 AM
I assumed people wanted the quick reference before a match starts.
---
GT = True Scorn
#9enterthemadroxPosted 3/24/2013 11:11:58 AM
Discern posted...
E-peen waggling to the filthy diabetic tryhard MLG wannabes, of course!

Bingo, correct answer.
---
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load of divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington
#10jakethenoobPosted 3/24/2013 11:12:31 AM
This game isn't fun enough on it's own without some incentive to keep playing. Your SR does not count.
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/