Please convince me to play Halo 4. (Long read)

#1UraRenge2005Posted 3/25/2013 3:34:12 PM
Hello!

I played Halo 1 and loved it. I played Halo 2 and Loved it. I played Halo 2 multiplayer for a retarded amount of time and got to like a level 40 (If you remember, that was pretty tough to do) Back then, I met most of my Xbox live friends. To this day, we all still game with each other. I have even flown out to meet a great deal of them. So, I have a lot of fond memories of Halo 2. I played Halo 3 and loved it. I got to Level 50 and a lot of my friends joined me in that time.

But, The winds of Change struck. I played Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and I discovered something very strange. I was really good at it. REALLY Good at it. I advanced to 10th prestige and discovered I was so good at the game I began to play competitively in tournaments.

I played Halo Reach.... While the Story mode was fine... I played about to level 12. The game seemed slow paced and goofy for Multiplayer... It really felt awkward to play it. It really wasn't my cup of tea.

Life went on as jobs, women and family got in the way of all the fun times, I hated CoD W@W. I Liked MW2. It was a good game. But, I was not as passionate as I was previously. CoD Black Ops ignited my flame again and got pretty serious and skillful at the game. MW3 was a giant turd that appealed to spastic children running around acting like .... children.
Cod Blops 2 is.....okay. I guess.

So, my friends and all were playing Blops 2 last night and we were all talking about ending playing CoD. It was fun, we came ,we saw, we conquered.... it's kinda over with.
We are just done. That's all. But then the real question popped up: What do we play next/instead?

Today at work I won a copy of Halo 4. So now I have a brand new, in the plastic Halo 4. My instinct is to craigslist the B for $30. But, then I remembered the conversation I had with my friends last night.

Now before you go on about my playgroup... it's really been narrowed from like 20 people to like.... 5. So, I'm actually looking to make new friends for games too.

Thanks for reading my long ass post. If you have input, please let me know why I should consider Halo 4.
---
WHAT DID THE FIVE FINGERS SAY TO THE FACE?
#2King_of_NowPosted 3/25/2013 3:36:31 PM
TL;DR

I would say just don't play. If you need others to try and convince you to pick it up, it's likely not worth your time anyway.

Pick up a book, go for a bike ride, or just choke it.. you're accomplishing about the same thing.
#3JFKandLBJPosted 3/25/2013 3:40:58 PM
*pops collar and puts on shades*

Do it. Just do it.

Do it.
#4ProdozulPosted 3/25/2013 5:12:55 PM
JFKandLBJ posted...

Do it. Just do it.

Do it.

Do it.
#5ShamblerQPosted 3/25/2013 5:22:37 PM
Hmm, I would say play it. Something good might happen.
#6LandonioPosted 3/25/2013 6:14:40 PM
UraRenge2005 posted...
I hated CoD W@W. I Liked MW2.

Stopped reading there.
---
ROLL TIDE
Playing:BlOps 2
#7SunDevil77Posted 3/25/2013 7:34:14 PM
Play Halo 4, and I'll cook you a Red Velvet Pancake.
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care
#8phillyeagles123Posted 3/25/2013 9:42:19 PM
Prodozul posted...
JFKandLBJ posted...

Do it. Just do it.

Do it.

Do it.

Do it.
---
Best Signature you've ever seen.
#9BlueRunway05Posted 3/25/2013 10:56:01 PM
Landonio posted...
UraRenge2005 posted...
I hated CoD W@W. I Liked MW2.

Stopped reading there.

Are you serious? My fav multiplayer is MW2. I loved spamming mini nukes all over the maps with Danger Close. I would say play Halo 4. The multiplayer is really good, and in my opinion, it might be the best big team multilplayer I've played so far. However, I stopped playing because of my college schedule and lag.
---
Water-It's good for you!-- Hard games are fun... Yes, you, Dark Souls.
#10tubb311Posted 3/26/2013 8:19:23 AM
UraRenge2005 posted...
But, The winds of Change struck. I played Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and I discovered something very strange. I was really good at it. REALLY Good at it. I advanced to 10th prestige and discovered I was so good at the game I began to play competitively in tournaments.

hmmm, i wonder why? could it because Halo takes far more skill to be good at?