Why were these weapons scrapped from the game?

#11ODommPosted 3/27/2013 7:52:04 AM
I completely forgot about the Plasma Launcher.... That thing was sick haha
Well, all other weapons were probably put out of service when they were outclassed by others. Needle Rifle outclassed by Carbine, Brute weapons wouldn't be here because there are no Brutes. Repeater outclassed by Plasma/Storm rifle, and SMG by AR.

Only thing that doesn't make sense is the Sentinel Beam, because there are still Sentinels in the campaign. Why these Sentinels don't drop their weapons is odd
---
The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist...
~~Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have~~
#12Dastan093Posted 3/27/2013 7:57:37 AM
Brute Shot.

I loved the blade on the side of it :D
---
Gaming since 2006 - PSN & Steam: Darkhawk16e - 360 Gamertag: River Tam SG - I enjoy the gaming without raging :D
#13SrgtStalkerPosted 3/27/2013 8:23:36 AM
Spike grenade was like the weakest grenade in Halo, I loved the thing though but it was still kinda weak. Now, imagine that in Halo 4, where if you stand on a grenade the worst that happens is that your shields go out. I really wouldn't wanna see the weakest grenade become ever more weak.
---
Yeah I'm a stalker what about it?
#14ProdozulPosted 3/27/2013 8:42:33 AM
-Needle Rifle
its op bro lololol swag!
-Brute Plasma Rifle
This one was pointless. Seriously it was just a stronger plasma rifle no point to it.
-Plasma Repeater
Don't know
-Brute Shot
Maybe the railgun overlapped with it and since there are no Brutes in H4 why would these Elites have it?
-Sentinel Beam
I was wondering about this one to.
-SMG
To get rid of the concept of dual wielding.
-Spike Grenade
Again Brute weapon
-Incendiary Grenade
Don't know

OT: I'd like to see the Needle Rifle, Plasma rifle, and some sort of grenade launcher return.
#15J053F12335Posted 3/27/2013 9:24:45 AM
Isn't the concussion rifle just the brute shot without the blade?
---
Hiiii
#16VoidBeyondPosted 3/27/2013 10:04:22 AM
Probably due to lack of space on the disk
---
GT: Dethrow2112//PSN: DuodecimKnight//PKMN Black2 FC: 2280 6133 3461
#17RODlMUS_PRlMEPosted 3/27/2013 10:48:39 AM
Why should the fact that some of the weapons were brute weapons matter for multiplayer?
#18JessicaJungxoPosted 3/27/2013 10:50:54 AM
RODlMUS_PRlME posted...
Why should the fact that some of the weapons were brute weapons matter for multiplayer?

Yeah,

everyone is saying how Elites didn't carry these weapons so they shouldn't be in Halo 4, even though the gravity hammer is an ordinance drop....
---
PSN: Rutgers Student XBL: Jessica Jung xo
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m22ucqXVbV1rrix40o2_500.gif
#19ODommPosted 3/27/2013 10:53:27 AM
JessicaJungxo posted...
RODlMUS_PRlME posted...

Yeah,

everyone is saying how Elites didn't carry these weapons so they shouldn't be in Halo 4, even though the gravity hammer is an ordinance drop....

Because it's iconic and unique. How many other FPS' do you know that have a giant hammer that you can use.
All other Brute weapons aren't iconic, and so were discontinued
---
The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist...
~~Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have~~
#20ssj3bladePosted 3/27/2013 10:58:48 AM
Needle Rifle was so so much better than the Carbine. Sounds better, looks better, feels better, dat dynamic reticle, and who doesn't like seeing their enemies impaled with huge shards of death?

Grenade Launcher as well was such a pro weapon, getting that to bounce off walls or using the EMP mode was so boss.
---
http://www.imgur.com/gRn0NSE.png
~ ssj3blade ~