So Chief's armor....

#21SterlingFoxPosted 3/28/2013 10:29:03 PM
metroidman92 posted...
I reckon that making new CGI assets for a brief flashback would've been too much work. (Yet they made a Chieftan, so that theory might not be accurate).

And I don't consider 2>3's armor change to be nearly as bad as 3>4's. New hardware to show off the MK VI, it's understandable that they sharpened the look. But going from 3>4 with a whole new aesthetic with no explanation is just dumb. And I don't understand the whole "it's what he was wearing the whole time" argument.

If he was wearing armor that looked like GEN-II armor in 2 and 3, then it would've friggin looked like it. Unless Chief has some sort of perception filter that makes it look like something else (He's not the goddamn Doctor, ok) 343 is just hoping to shut us up.

I think overall, it's 343's wanting to forget the previous canon, and start fresh. Hell, you could almost call 4 a reboot, and hardly notice a difference.

You don't understand the argument that they went in a different design direction? Its not even an argument, its what factually happened.
It is the same concept between 2 and 3, and between 3 and 4. The scale of the change doesn't make it less valid. There was just as much opportunity for Chief to get modified armor between Halo 2 and 3 than their was for him to get modified armor between Halo 3 and 4.

What appears to be the case is that you understand it fully, but you're not willing to accept it. You'd prefer to take a shot at 343 then acknowledge it.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#22SrgtStalker(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 8:47:30 AM
There were still some parts that should've been Mark V though, like Mc receiving Cortana, but then again they could just go with that not being them first meeting. I just wish they would've also given us his Mark VI
---
Yeah I'm a stalker what about it?
#23DrakillionPosted 3/29/2013 2:33:23 PM
I think Master Chief should have been in his Mark VI armor, then when he gets to the mission, "Infinity", he gets a kit upgrade, thus resulting in the new armor he has now. That's just my take on it.
---
---
"Dating Yukari Takeba is, like, the closest thing to dating Michelle Ruff, so I don't see the reason why not."- My brother XD
#24violentdissmayPosted 3/29/2013 6:14:43 PM
Drakillion posted...
I think Master Chief should have been in his Mark VI armor, then when he gets to the mission, "Infinity", he gets a kit upgrade, thus resulting in the new armor he has now. That's just my take on it.
---

Cause they Just happen to have Mark II compatible armor on hand right?
If Im not mistaken Spartans after the Spartan IIs did not undergo the surgical enhancements that the IIs did.
Whats the big deal about his armor? Pretty sure they changed it because this is the first Halo where Chief had a mo-cap actor, they had to redesign his armor.
---
Up with this I will not put! - Bernard Black
#25SrgtStalker(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 1:18:32 AM
violentdissmay posted...
Drakillion posted...
---

If Im not mistaken Spartans after the Spartan IIs did not undergo the surgical enhancements that the IIs did.
Whats the big deal about his armor? Pretty sure they changed it because this is the first Halo where Chief had a mo-cap actor, they had to redesign his armor.

How would that effect his armor at all?
---
#26BlindDeadeyePosted 3/30/2013 5:11:23 AM
violentdissmay posted...
Drakillion posted...
---

MJOLNIR armor is still MJOLNIR armor, there is no difference in which gen spartan wears it.

SPARTAN III's and IV's underwent the same (though much safer) augment procedures that would produce a SPARTAN. The only difference is how the subjects genes will take to the augments and boost that effectiveness.
---
"Theres power in stories. Thats all history is: the best tales. The ones that last. Might as well be mine." Varric
#27SrgtStalker(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 9:13:37 AM
BlindDeadeye posted...
violentdissmay posted...
Drakillion posted...
---

MJOLNIR armor is still MJOLNIR armor, there is no difference in which gen spartan wears it.

SPARTAN III's and IV's underwent the same (though much safer) augment procedures that would produce a SPARTAN. The only difference is how the subjects genes will take to the augments and boost that effectiveness.

I don't think they were as much or as many augments and also the III's had a that aggression augment too.
---