I don't think 343 is bad, despite my disdain for what they're doing with Halo.

#1That1GuyyPosted 3/28/2013 8:03:05 PM
The more I see them say and do things, the more I think they're just an inexperienced studio that was too ambitious for their first full game. I also feel that they're probably trying too hard to not be in Bungie's shadow, and this has led to them both disregarding perfectly valid ideas from the previous Halos and making rash decisions in an attempt to escape from Bungie's image.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#2Dark_Assassin_XPosted 3/28/2013 8:20:43 PM
Most every game stumbles in some aspects. A perfect game is a fever dream. But what 343i has going for them is that since this is the start of a new trilogy they have the chance to rectify their mistakes over the next games.
---
GT: SilentChaos87 - Currently Playing: League of Legends, Halo 4, Planetside 2, Don't Starve, Team Fortress 2
#3COG_KillaPosted 3/28/2013 8:25:01 PM
if they don't get the next one right, i'm buying a playstation 4
---
I think with my dipstick, because engine lubrication is important.
#4JFKandLBJPosted 3/28/2013 9:59:57 PM
Are you saying 343 is... *gulp* tryharding?
#5SpikeTheSpaceCowboyPosted 3/29/2013 11:35:26 AM
COG_Killa posted...
if they don't get the next one right, i'm buying a playstation 4

Could you elaborate on what right would be? It seems like all anyone wants is a remake of Halo 2 or 3. What would be the point? Why is everyone so afraid of some changes in the franchise? Everyone complains that COD is the same thing year after year but that's obviously what everyone wants these days, the same thing but prettier.
---
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Stay smart"
#6lderivedxPosted 3/29/2013 11:40:13 AM
Could you explain why you want change for the sake of something different, like some child who gets bored easily and wants something new to distract his attention with?
---
wait so you called final charming? i think your flirting. tc is also a pedo. aware child agencies immediately - Shrub
GT: i derive dx
#7SunDevil77Posted 3/29/2013 11:41:04 AM
There is no "right" when it comes to sequels.

Some fans crucified Bungie when Halo 2 came out.

All they can do is listen to constructive criticism, make sure multiplayer is 100% ready, and make Halo 5 a damn good game. Some people will bash any game, so just make it as good as possible to the greatest amount of people.
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care
#8SpikeTheSpaceCowboyPosted 3/29/2013 12:17:31 PM
lderivedx posted...
Could you explain why you want change for the sake of something different, like some child who gets bored easily and wants something new to distract his attention with?

First off I'm farther from a child than you I'm sure considering your belittling attitude. Second what's the point of a new game if it's going to be nearly the same every iteration. I want something new because I've been gaming since I was 4 and to give you an idea how old I am the first game I ever played was Burger Time on Atari. (I'm not older than the Atari systems but NES hadn't come out yet when I was 4.)

I enjoy the additions of things like armor abilities because I'm a bit of a strategist and tactician. I like having new challenges to over come whether on the fly/spur of the moment or pre-game.

Yes, new things keep me interested, I don't see what's so wrong with that. So now I believe it's your turn to enlighten me on why you like things to stay the same. I don't think it's wrong of you to have that mentality, but I don't think it's in line with the idea's of the evolution and innovations that have kept the gaming world moving forward.
---
"Stay smart"
#9lderivedxPosted 3/29/2013 12:32:50 PM(edited)
I want something new because

I didn't ask you why you wanted something new. I asked why you wanted change for the sake of something different.

why you like things to stay the same

I don't. Maybe you should project less?
---
what was the point of that burger king video? You didnt need video proof to show that you are lonely, I would have taken your word on it. - brady
#10SpikeTheSpaceCowboyPosted 3/29/2013 12:51:41 PM(edited)
SpikeTheSpaceCowboy posted...
lderivedx posted...

I enjoy the additions of things like armor abilities because I'm a bit of a strategist and tactician. I like having new challenges to over come whether on the fly/spur of the moment or pre-game. Maybe you'll be able to see this part better now.

By questioning my reasons (and belittling my opinion) most would say your taking the other side of the discussion. So are you playing devils advocate? Or are you just being a typical GF's troll?
---
"Stay smart"