I don't think 343 is bad, despite my disdain for what they're doing with Halo.

#31LoneWolf4545Posted 3/30/2013 11:11:09 AM
Last I checked Cod is doing pretty well when it comes to popularity. And the support that Halo gets is more than most games out there, especially shooters. Making it more like halo 3 or 2 is not going to bring back anyone and it wouldn't have kept anyone from leaving.

People don't want games like the older halos anymore. At least not even close to as many that used to.
---
GT: swkids
#32SunDevil77Posted 3/30/2013 11:28:36 AM
lderivedx posted...
today i learned that population is not affected by poor quality or support

Halo 4 gets better/more support than 90% of games released on consoles.
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care
#33That1Guyy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 11:30:12 AM
LoneWolf4545 posted...
People don't want games like the older halos anymore. At least not even close to as many that used to.

How can you say that when no game like the older Halos has been released since said older Halos?

Halo 3 kept trading for number 1 on LIVE activity even after Modern Warfare 2 was released. That's three Call of Duty's to compete with. Reach and 4, the two games that aren't like older Halos, dropped forever from the top spot after a single Call of Duty.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#34That1Guyy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 11:31:16 AM
SunDevil77 posted...

Sadly, being more supportive than garbage doesn't necessarily mean you aren't garbage as well. 343 is supporting in the wrong way.
---
#35SunDevil77Posted 3/30/2013 11:39:52 AM
That1Guyy posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

Sadly, being more supportive than garbage doesn't necessarily mean you aren't garbage as well. 343 is supporting in the wrong way.

By adding in desired additions...?
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care
#36LoneWolf4545Posted 3/30/2013 11:45:29 AM
That1Guyy posted...
LoneWolf4545 posted...

How can you say that when no game like the older Halos has been released since said older Halos?

Halo 3 kept trading for number 1 on LIVE activity even after Modern Warfare 2 was released. That's three Call of Duty's to compete with. Reach and 4, the two games that aren't like older Halos, dropped forever from the top spot after a single Call of Duty.

Everything that I saw shows modern warfare 2 being number one every single month after it came out so if you can post where halo 3 ever was first it would be appreciated.

I can't tell if you are serious about halo 3 having to compete with three cods while reach and halo 4 only have to with one. Cod wasn't the huge juggernaut it is now when modern warfare and world at war were released. They stood absolutely no chance of toppling halo 3 at the time. Just like halo has no chance now.
---
#37appleturnover87Posted 3/30/2013 11:51:16 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
That1Guyy posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

by going all Monkey's Paw on us more like.
---
What's love got to do, got to do with it?
#38That1Guyy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 12:09:09 PM
SunDevil77 posted...

Not enough desired additions. We get Team Throwdown. But the gametype rules are dumb. We get Action Sack. But most of the best gametypes are missing or inferior to previous incarnations. We get a visible ranking system. But it's only view-able on Waypoint. Capture the flag is messed up, they refuse to give us the option to fix it. Weapon despawns are messed up for non personal ordnance gametypes. They refuse to give us the option to fix it.

LoneWolf4545 posted...
Everything that I saw shows modern warfare 2 being number one every single month after it came out so if you can post where halo 3 ever was first it would be appreciated.

I can't tell if you are serious about halo 3 having to compete with three cods while reach and halo 4 only have to with one. Cod wasn't the huge juggernaut it is now when modern warfare and world at war were released. They stood absolutely no chance of toppling halo 3 at the time. Just like halo has no chance now.

Call of Duty 4 shot to position number two on LIVE activity almost immediately after it came out. There were weeks where it beat Halo 3, but Halo 3 consistently stayed on top. The same goes for World at War. When Modern Warfare 2 came out, it beat Halo 3 consistently, but there were still weeks where Halo managed to capture number one activity.

http://majornelson.com/

Scroll down and look at the blog archives and you'll be able to find all the weekly activity charts.
---
#39LoneWolf4545Posted 3/30/2013 12:32:57 PM
That1Guyy posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

Not enough desired additions. We get Team Throwdown. But the gametype rules are dumb. We get Action Sack. But most of the best gametypes are missing or inferior to previous incarnations. We get a visible ranking system. But it's only view-able on Waypoint. Capture the flag is messed up, they refuse to give us the option to fix it. Weapon despawns are messed up for non personal ordnance gametypes. They refuse to give us the option to fix it.

LoneWolf4545 posted...

Call of Duty 4 shot to position number two on LIVE activity almost immediately after it came out. There were weeks where it beat Halo 3, but Halo 3 consistently stayed on top. The same goes for World at War. When Modern Warfare 2 came out, it beat Halo 3 consistently, but there were still weeks where Halo managed to capture number one activity.

http://majornelson.com/

Scroll down and look at the blog archives and you'll be able to find all the weekly activity charts.

I looked from I think November 23, 2009 to December 6, 2010. Modern Warfare 2 was number one every single week they had on there. Halo 3 was always second.

Halo reach was number one for a week or two and then went down to third and stayed there.
---
#40That1Guyy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 10:38:05 AM
I may have misread one of those charts. No, Halo 3 didn't beat Modern Warfare 2 then, but three years after its release it was number two, dropping to third only because its own sequel took players away from it. Reach dropped from first spot after a single Call of Duty.
---