GameSpot Live - Halo Reborn - GDC Postmortem

#41bd0g5Posted 3/30/2013 9:22:45 AM
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst198101_Response-to-GDC-Panel--What--A--Joke.aspx

24 pages already, it's funny when even the waypoint kids agree that 343 ****ed up.
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#42DvoloS88Posted 3/30/2013 9:23:20 AM
jakethenoob posted...
No one ever had a problem with the other games being "too hard". Halo 2 for example had a "steep" learning curve as far as console shooters go, but it was also perfectly playable and fun for the average person who doesn't even play games. If 343 has to choose between:

"People who are bad and don't want to get better and want things handed to them"

Or

"People who aren't bad and have supported the series for years"

They should pick the latter but of course they won't because there are more casuals than good players.

You and bdog are f****** morons, halo 2 and 3 were all about the battle rifle. New players or part time players who couldnt spend hours a day playing mp stood no chance. I should kno I religiously played every halo and was best in 2. Why? Because all you had to do was master the br, go play CoD or something where every game is exactly the same babie.
#43iRGush(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 9:26:21 AM
DvoloS88 posted...

You and bdog are f****** morons, halo 2 and 3 were all about the battle rifle. New players or part time players who couldnt spend hours a day playing mp stood no chance. I should kno I religiously played every halo and was best in 2. Why? Because all you had to do was master the br, go play CoD or something where every game is exactly the same babie.

from reading this post, it sounds like you don't know how to time weapons
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#44MrFish86Posted 3/30/2013 9:40:01 AM
bd0g5 posted...
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst198101_Response-to-GDC-Panel--What--A--Joke.aspx

24 pages already, it's funny when even the waypoint kids agree that 343 ****ed up.

that page just got locked because people started insulting each other within the thread. A bunch of mini threads about the locking of the GDC thread are now being made. But yea, I was pretty surprised the 343 kids were actually upset, it almost never happens. Most of their posts are like "I usually defend 343 on these things, but not this time... NOT THIS TIME! 343 you broke my heart!!! q.q!!!"
#45Johnny_Jon_117Posted 3/30/2013 9:44:23 AM
iRGush posted...
DvoloS88 posted...

But he is on to something. Halo CE the "overpowered" weapon was the magnum. In H2-H3 the battle rifle is the "overpowered" weapon. Halo Reach and Halo 4 it's the DMR.
---
Every game is overrated because the Internet hates everything and wants anything that's going up to go down. Like a true villain.
#46iRGush(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 9:48:17 AM
Johnny_Jon_117 posted...
iRGush posted...
DvoloS88 posted...

But he is on to something. Halo CE the "overpowered" weapon was the magnum. In H2-H3 the battle rifle is the "overpowered" weapon. Halo Reach and Halo 4 it's the DMR.

They aren't overpowered, they are utility weapons. Halo was an arena shooter after all.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#47reseacher2000Posted 3/30/2013 9:48:28 AM
H1 pistol OP
H2 BR OP
H3 BR versatile
HR DMR SMELLS
---
GT:gansterchief
#48RisingWaterPosted 3/30/2013 10:06:29 AM
http://imgur.com/wzTftZN
That is pretty offensive and stupid to put on a slide.
#49DvoloS88Posted 3/30/2013 10:09:49 AM
Johnny_Jon_117 posted...
iRGush posted...
DvoloS88 posted...

Yes the dmr is absurdly op in halo 4 but there are plenty of ways to counter it due to ordnance, making things easier for non hardcore players, Ill admit my stats for halo 3 mm were terrible because with the return of the Ar which was dearly missed I said f*** the br. I was honestly tired of the all about head br. 343i isnt dumb for making a game more accessible, they are dumb for excluding a bunch of stuff from launch. Which they are fixing, can you guys whine some more? WaaaH
#50jakethenoobPosted 3/30/2013 11:09:27 AM(edited)
RisingWater posted...
http://imgur.com/wzTftZN
That is pretty offensive and stupid to put on a slide.

Lol there's nothing offensive about it stop whining. The only bad thing about it is what's actually said in the picture.

reseacher2000 posted...
H1 pistol OP
H2 BR OP
H3 BR versatile
HR DMR SMELLS

The difference between the DMR in Halo 4 and the CE pistol/H2 BR was you actually had to be good to use them. The DMR is so easy to 5 shot people with across a whole map it's not even funny. Also I'm not sure why you think the Reach DMR is smelly.
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/