I am the resident expert on the TrueSkill system.

#21Johnny_Jon_117Posted 3/29/2013 10:09:19 PM
lderivedx posted...
Does this formula allow for boosters?

Yeah, unfortunately.

One could modify the equation to take into account the traditional type of boosting (tank tons of game, then play well with friends). If the system is "sure" of someone's skill value, then they start performing way above/below their predicted level, then to rapidly increase their uncertainty value. I'm not sure what other problems this would cause.

That said, there are probably other ways to boost as well.

Why won't you answer my question?
---
"There must be simplified explanations of nature, because God is not capricious or arbitrary. No such faith comforts the software engineer." -Einstein
#22lderivedx(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 10:24:19 PM
Interesting facts, contrary to popular belief:

-It is possible to rank down after a win.
-Your uncertainty value always decreases after a skill update. However, it is increased before a skill update (factors/parameters unknown) to model the possibility that your skill has changed since your last game and to prevent permanent ranklock.
---
what was the point of that burger king video? You didnt need video proof to show that you are lonely, I would have taken your word on it. - brady
#23Johnny_Jon_117Posted 3/29/2013 10:27:32 PM
lderivedx posted...
Interesting facts, contrary to popular belief:

-It is possible to rank down after a win.
-Your uncertainty value always decreases after a skill update. However, it is increased before a skill update (factors/parameters unknown) to model the possibility that your skill has changed since your last game and to prevent permanent ranklock.

Why bother making the topic when you'll probably complain about the new ranks?
No offense.
---
"There must be simplified explanations of nature, because God is not capricious or arbitrary. No such faith comforts the software engineer." -Einstein
#24RAGEface14Posted 3/29/2013 10:52:58 PM
darealest47 posted...
Who do you think is more attractive: Jennifer Lawrence or Mila Kunis?

Mila Kunis all day <3
---
RAGEface14
Telling someone to drink bleach=MODDED!!
#25GoroPosted 3/29/2013 11:25:04 PM
lderivedx posted...
By "expert" I mean "most likely the most knowledgeable."

I figured this may be of some interest with the CSR launching in a few short weeks.

Ask away.

Why are my pubes bright red with blonde tips??
---
GT: GaryBusey T33th
#26jakethenoobPosted 3/29/2013 11:29:41 PM
lderivedx posted...

How come when I try to decorate my house in Skyrim the items I place get moved when I leave and re-enter the house

Lydia.

But I killed her a long time ago so it looks like you're wrong.
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#27LithkinsPosted 3/29/2013 11:44:54 PM
Who will and won't get the worthless tryhard 50s???????
---
I'm a filth diabetic.
#28appleturnover87Posted 3/30/2013 1:34:18 AM
math nerd
---
What's love got to do, got to do with it?
#29lderivedx(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 2:36:04 AM
The 87th appleturnover.

Ghost of Lydia.

And for the guy waaaay up there^^^, its pretty hard to f*** up something that has all but been handed to you on a platter surrounded in diamonds and platinum with God Himself shining down upon the formulae, but it should be good fun to see how 343i manages it because they want to be the different child.
#30DvoloS88Posted 3/30/2013 4:19:15 AM
jakethenoob posted...
How come when I try to decorate my house in Skyrim the items I place get moved when I leave and re-enter the house

I hated that with a passion. In oblivion my decked out housed always remained the same on re entry.