What more would you like to see from Spartan Ops?

#11superxflshPosted 4/1/2013 5:03:11 PM
Besides a lot of the stuff already posted, I'd like to see more creative weekly challenges. "Kill X number of this type of enemy" gets pretty boring and doesn't add much to the replayability of the missions. Here's some examples I think would be fun:

- Complete <mission name> solo on heroic or higher without dying.

- Complete <mission> on heroic or higher in under X minutes.

- Complete <mission> using only secondary weapons.

Another thing I'd like to see implemented is skulls. Seems like it should already be an option.

Finally, and this is just me being irritated, I think they should dramatically decrease the amount of sniper crawler kills needed for the commendations! Holy crap! I feel like I'll never finish that one!
---
Life is 10% what happens and 90% what you do about it.
#12pcmike2Posted 4/1/2013 6:13:21 PM
I honestly think we're not going to see spartan ops season 2, simply because fail 343 realized the first season took too much time/money, and don't know how to continue the story.
---
SSBB FC:0946-1920-8546
#13FearOfTheLightPosted 4/2/2013 2:31:37 PM
^ that's a pretty bleak outlook on the game's future man! Think about it.....why build up on the story so far if they're just going to abandon it like you said?
---
---
"When I'm walking a dark road, I am a man who walks alone" - Iron Maiden
#14enterthemadroxPosted 4/2/2013 2:58:08 PM
I guess a little less swarming/overwhelming in some chapters.

Case in point, I played on Legendary once when all 3 other players quit out so I was stuck by myself taking an hour to snipe one or two enemies, die, rinse and repeat until I was left with just Knights and taking a while having to kill them while getting bored but wanting to complete the mission.

It's no fun when you keep dying constantly so thank god you don't have to start again from a checkpoint like in the campaign (a reason I did the first mission on Legendary back in November and haven't gone back to it since).

Other than that, can't think what else. Maybe missions where you have to protect something from dying/blowing up can change if you're on Legendary solo so that you can't fail when you're playing alone.
---
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load of divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington
#15BIOWIELDERPosted 4/2/2013 6:18:36 PM
Well there's two things in my opinion the would make spartan ops much better.

1. Better vehicles: Seriously 343, why would you put in a pelican and a jet into campaign just to never use it again? There should be at least one flying mission.

2. A better way of getting somewhere or getting extracted: It gets a bit boring only ever seeing a pelican pick you up and drop you off. Yeah I know they did those missions on one episode where you got extracted by a phantom but what if you got deployed by a drop pod. Or got you had to improvise an extraction vehicle. I know it's just a small thing butt it would make the game a hell of a lot more exciting.
#16Cheyguy1211(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 6:30:59 PM
I like these ideas. I hope at least SOME of them are used, because my hopes have been raised. Yeah, mission variety would be nice. Also, like someone said, Sarah Palmer showing more towards Crimson. I know we are the bad-ass, and I liked it at first, but that just means no backup EVERY MISSION. C'mon.

And the swarming of enemies is kinda annoying as well. Fighting multiple Hunters is fun tho because fist fights are always entertaining with them XD. Plus, there aren't THAT many enemies in Halo 4, so repetitive-ness is sure to come, tho that could be applied just as easily to Firefight from earlier games.

Also, life limits or timers would be a welcome addition to me, depending on the mission and the life amount. I don't wanna have to face 10 wraiths with 3 lives. And, I made the worst mistake ever by playing Spartan Ops, then going straight to campaign. Worst...decision...ever........
#17PretypePosted 4/2/2013 8:41:04 PM
343i already stated that they were not working on a Season 2 of Spartan Ops. The mode was just a lag fest for the most part, unless you were host. Firefight was much better, but I still didn't play it very much.
#18happypor100prePosted 4/3/2013 1:31:39 AM
Pretype posted...
343i already stated that they were not working on a Season 2 of Spartan Ops. The mode was just a lag fest for the most part, unless you were host. Firefight was much better, but I still didn't play it very much.

FF was also a lag fest sadly.
Actually any co-op mode in halo is always a lagfest Unless you have a perfect conection with the host.
---
GT-Goldchampion200
Makoto Nanaya Main 4 life
#19krazyninjaman3Posted 4/4/2013 3:39:33 PM
A sabre mission.